Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    If you get 10+ caster mobs like you do in Shrine - if you do not have aoe stuns or silences. You'll have someone go from full to nil when they all finish casting. Grave Bolts doesn't have an impact. It is targeted cast.
    ... the risk of which is completely negated by dancing in/out/around LOS as necessary. And its the tanks job to make sure the reaping occurs somewhere players can LOS-dance. (near a pillar etc etc).

Most common mistake ive seen in my groups (besides tanks pulling fresh packs as a reaping occurs) is tanks just letting reaping happen when it happens, without any regard to whether there are LOS opportunities at that location. Its not a big deal in lower keys but, at some point, it becomes a key factor.

I lost interest in season 1 after scoring my 15's, because Infested was a crap anti-fun affix that just slowed everything down. No thanks. Reaping is a lot more fun.

Wish you could mute Bwondickboy though, absoluetly detest that character.

My team just on-timed our first +10 (Motherlode) for the season. I really like this affix. It feels way more fun than Infested, and it's possible to "outsmart" it by gaming when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reaping>infested

Kinda sad to do tank-dmg as a assa rogue tho..
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Maybe i just had bad luck with tanks, but with reaping i'm pretty much dead every wave due to pulling aggro with avengin wrath, while i never had issue with infested.

It's definitely more fun than infested. CCing mobs and then killing them one by one should have died with TBC.

The problem with reaping is that it is all about burst aoe, which is pretty bad considering dungeons already favor such specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's definitely a way less annoying affix but right now it's still super buggy and some things are coming back as ghosts that probably shouldn't.

Simca did a Temple 11 today where all the ball lightnings from the maze mini-game games back as mobs. Another friend said the Tol Dagor cannons can too. Neither of those seem intended.
    I have seen the cannons come back and the worst bit of that is they are huge. It can quickly look like you are stacked in melee fighting the crazy cat lady in an Ulduar 25 again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill Broccoli View Post
    Maybe i just had bad luck with tanks, but with reaping i'm pretty much dead every wave due to pulling aggro with avengin wrath, while i never had issue with infested.
    It might be PuG tanks being bad, but it might also be what you're doing as a group when it triggers. There's so many mobs, many of them casters, that I don't think it's entirely reasonable to expect the tank to get aggro on all of them instantly unless you're smart about LoSing them (which groups should really do anyway so you can AoE them down). If you're popping CDs on the melee ones when he's running out to bring in any ranged ones, it could cause an issue.

Any early problems we had with reaping were due to not pacing our kills so we hit the Reaping parts at times when there was a place to LoS them into a nice stack. Before then, aggro was an issue - especially for me as a healer - and I run with a regular, good tank with strong AoE threat.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Hi.

I'm yet to do weekly myself so I was curious what people think about it in their 10s and 11s and which dungeon is for the lack of a better word, better for it.
    Tol dagor comes to mind because you can clear some with cannons but at the same time you don't really get to skip the last reaping.

I'd have to say the best was Shrine (and I did all of them over +10). In shrine you can LoS very easily everytime reaping happens and it's extremely easy to keep some % to finish with the eels in last boss room to skip the last reaping. Also all the trash in Shrine rewards quite a bit of % so the reaping packs are never gigantic (the little neutral blobs don't even come back in reaping) so it makes pretty easy reaping to deal with overall in Shrine.

Overall been enjoying reaping, however I also enjoyed G'hunn as a frost mage.

If I could advise Blizzard on one thing with reaping, shear number of reaping casters is silly in some Dungeons, Motherlode for example.

Planning a good LoS really helps regardless of reaping mob type

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than infested, still boring though.

King's Rest timings are pretty annoying
    Last edited by Filfa; 2019-02-04 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot more fun and definitly waaaaaay less annoying than reaping.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I prefer it over infested. I also enjoy looking at the meters at the end and seeing 20k+ dps overall compared to 15-16k while infested was the affix.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Filfa View Post
    Better than infested, still boring though.

King's Rest timings are pretty annoying
    Yeah thats 2nd reaping comes during the gauntlet, we found going back to the 1st boss room during the gauntlet works. You kill most of the ghosts before the next guys even reach you.

It's definitely a lot more fun than Infested. I was worried it would make instances feel longer, but not having to CC/move adds and no healing on them averages out, and it creates these moments where I can Bladestorm and rip the meters apart. I feel for classes with bad burst AoE tho. There are also strategies you can use depending on the dungeon as to when you pop the Reaping adds.

Honestly, it's better than I thought it would be. Not sure if on teeming that will still be the case, but I guess we'll find out next week!
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Hi.

I'm yet to do weekly myself so I was curious what people think about it in their 10s and 11s and which dungeon is for the lack of a better word, better for it.
    It's be fine mostly, there's a few issues I've seen. Shrine and Motherlode have some spots where you can get bombarded by the casting reaping mobs which can get quite hectic. There's also a few dungeons where the reaping circles are incredibly hard to see underneath large packs of mobs, carpets, hallways, stairs, or really just anything with a z-axis.

The dungeons which i would consider easier for reaping would be Tol Dagor and Siege of Boralus. In Tol Dagor you can kill the reaping mobs with the cannon. In Siege of Boralus you can kill majority of the reaping mobs with the spotter as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Yeah thats 2nd reaping comes during the gauntlet, we found going back to the 1st boss room during the gauntlet works. You kill most of the ghosts before the next guys even reach you.
    I've only done a 14 KR this week, but it was manageable to do them during the gauntlet if you focus the gauntlet mobs and kick/stun the reaping pack while cleaving them down.

Shrine seems to be an outlier again in terms of certain affixes increasing the difficulty way beyond what should be intended (and would be balanced).

Shrine always had the problem of Bursting, Bolstering and Sanguine affecting the small non-elite water droplets, pushing the - already relatively high - difficulty way beyond most other dungeons on several weeks. Spawning tons of casters and more "named mini boss"-mobs from Reaping than most other dungeons only compounds that issue.

Bring the class, not the player.
    Its fun, but mostly because I play frostmage. Cant imagine it being that fun in groups who are a bit low on AE