Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    You know, you could form a group. That is one of those things that can be done in this game. Grouping up to fight the other group. Cool MMO feature, you know.
    Form a group, get phased, no fight....

Love them hord tears...come and join us then migrate time
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    WM started off pretty cool and ... Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    Not only is war mode still Horde favored, but, news flash to you apparently, the "1 v 30", camping of flight paths, high levels attacking low levels, was exactly what happened to the Alliance at the start of the expansion. Every. Single. Day.

That resulted in Alliance players turning war mode off.

That, in turn, resulted in more crying from both sides; Alliance that they were extremely outnumbered and Horde that there were no Alliance to fight against.

Again, in turn, that resulted in Blizzard having to do something to prevent it from literally being Horde only in Warmode and the 30% buff and high gear reward quest incentive were born.

It took 2 months for it to drop down to 15% for Alliance with no gear incentive this week, which means the Horde still are more represented, so even that isn't enough and Horde are still the more populated faction in war mode.

In other words, at no point has it been 30 Alliance to 1 Horde, in fact it has always been biased to having more Horde per shard than Alliance. The only reason you thought it started off pretty cool was because your faction was so dominant that you easily steamrolled the Alliance players you came across.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Not only is war mode still Horde favored, but, news flash to you apparently, the "1 v 30", camping of flight paths, high levels attacking low levels, was exactly what happened to the Alliance at the start of the expansion. Every. Single. Day.
    There is a huge difference.

Horde used to "win" Warmode for ROLEPLAYING reasons.
    Just Horde things.
    They got no rewards for doing so.

Alliance on the other hand are doing it for the rewards.

Which creates a lot worse of a situation.
    We are camping Horde all day everyday for the entire week. Quite literally.

While Horde back in the day used to do it for fun. The situation wasnt as bad as you say it was.

Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    Funny, this same shit went on with the horde forever. You enjoyed a consequence free 10% bonus for months while camping emissaries, WQ and flight paths. WM for Alliance is already beginning to dwindle down since they pulled the 400 box, it'll be back to 30% next week and y'all can enjoy zergging with no consequence once again. Yesterday morning during off peak hours as Alliance I couldn't finish a single invasion WQ in Voldun because every area literally had 40 horde zergging around it. Yet here you are complaining and crying about having it tough a couple weeks, hahaha get bent.

anyone complaining about Warmode should just turn it off...
    I've never been much of a pvper but I actually enjoy warmode. Even when I am outnumbered, it makes the game feel more alive. there is an actual sense of danger in the world with warmode on.

It has always been pointless when they invite it

the concept of warmode is fine, the problem is CRZ and how they prioritize sharding, ally raid group camping a flight path? horde people keep getting sharded into the gank without knowing, they use grp finder to jump shards and rinse n'repeat.

"back in the day" pvp servers while again population horribly managed by blizz, you will still have the community aspect. "hey that guy is ganking again!" "sweet time for some payback!" now its well who cares because i will literally never see this person who ganked me ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its not a matter of population.
    We do have cross realm tech.

Its a matter of one guy having the idea to create a raid to kill the other faction.

Thats all it takes.

Only one dude to have this idea.

Once the raid is formed...what do you expect?
    There wont be another raid on the other side, ofcourse.
    Unless people organize a counter raid (almost never happens)

TLDR: All it takes is a dude to create a raid to destabilize the entire system

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a good idea!
    Are you talking about "objectives" in the world?

Sorry my english is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not true World PvP.
    Ganking is a dishonorable action in any way and form.

Even Blizzard agrees with this.
    I know we have cross relm.. The horde population across the entire game is bigger than the alliance population. I'm not talking about specific servers.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I know we have cross relm.. The horde population across the entire game is bigger than the alliance population. I'm not talking about specific servers.
    But imagine Blizzard made "shards" balanced.

Done and Done, Blizzard actually did this

But it doesnt solve anything actually

All it takes is one crazy dude to create a raid or big group BAM the entire shard is now being dominated
    Its not Blizzards fault ONE GUY decided to make a raid
    Is also not Blizzard fault no one is creating a counter raid on the other side.

Warmode will never be balanced, as you can see.

Last time, I check, the population was not that unbalanced, maybe 51/49 alliance.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

But imagine Blizzard made "shards" balanced.

Done and Done, Blizzard actually did this

But it doesnt solve anything actually

All it takes is one crazy dude to create a raid or big group BAM the entire shard is now being dominated
    Its not Blizzards fault ONE GUY decided to make a raid
    Is also not Blizzard fault no one is creating a counter raid on the other side.

Warmode will never be balanced, as you can see.
    Are you stupid? It will never be possible to balance shards as long as one side has way more overall players.

Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    This is why PvP realms were leaders in PvE content like raiding, but seldom ever participated in ACTUAL PvP (i.e. - World). Warmode is proof that PvP only realms were a failed idea, and almost every PvPer I know prefers instanced (safe) PvP. No one likes getting jumped while trying to collect 10 piles of poop for some poison cure with some random humanoid.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

But I want rewards in the future for World PvP

A transmog? I would love that.

The dilemma is that if it is a quest promoting group content...it will be chaos in the world.
    Solo players being farmed like animals by groups.
    All day everyday for months until they get the transmog.

Not fun gameplay toxic behaviour should not be incentivized.

There are a couple options to counter this:
    -Make "objectives" in the map (this way a raid and a counter raid will be made from the beginning)
    -Make quests to be done SOLO
    -(there are probably more solutions i dont know about)

edit: My favorite option is playing SOLO but objectives are fun too
    Plenty of ways to make warmode a lot better. Way Blizzard went with it with a carrot on a stick than a bigger one for Alliance is just sad sight to see. Like to see rewards as you listed as one being xmog or something. And be nice to have incursions during warmode away from towns and have them in other parts when invaded/defending not just one static location. Hopefully 8.2 we will see improvements.

You mean systemizing world pvp didn't work out? Shocking...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People were only willing to turn it when they have a clear advantage. Now that the advantage is on the other side, the effect was inevitable.
    You talk if that's a cold hard fact.

I turned on war mode (Horde EU) the day it was available, and I haven't turned it off ever since. I leveled in BfA with war mode, and I did max level quests and world quests with war mode.

Were there situations where one side had an advantage? Quite certainly. Did I witness people killing others as they come of Flight Paths? I did. But I saw these things from both sides. I saw other hordes killing alliance as soon as they reached from FP, as sometimes I saw the other way around, or was killed myself.

Sometimes I engaged in fights where I did have an advantage, other times I engaged in fights where I did not have an advantage. But even those situations were, for instance me and a friend fighting 3 or 4 alliance, or me and a friend fighting a single alliance. When I saw people killing others in flight paths, it wasn't huge groups, it was maybe 2 or 3 people, rarely at least 5 - and it was most often that I could see, circumstantial (ie. this dude just landed him, gonna kill him), and not necessarily camping FPs.

And again, I saw this from both sides.

One of the few really memorable moments I had in this xpac so far was gathering a group to fight off a few alliance players that were killing horde loners, and then retreating to a guarded alliance encampment (with rather OP guards that kept resetting, for some reason).

This happened organically, because the horde players who were getting ganked and some other players decided to fight back. Not because the game told them to, not because they had increased % of dps, or because they would get a strong item as a reward. Simply because it was fun, and it was immersive. That's what war mode should be.

I'll grant you, I only experienced war mode while I was actively doing world quests, which was not *that* long as I have since entered "raids only" mode. I'm not sure how long, but maybe only for the first month? Regardless, it's not about horde good, or horde bad, or alliance good, or alliance bad. It's about trying to force things. Especially by using "artificial" means, such as rewards, instead of trying to provide actual fairness when populating zone instances.

The truth is war mode just can't work when the players are more interested in the efficiency of their "chores", rather than the actual gameplay. It just doesn't work in a game that doesn't care about immersion anymore, but only about the easy carrots at the end of the stick that keep luring players to stay and walk the pre-defined paths the developers have built. Whether that's an inevitability of an aging game that would always happen regardless of design choices, is a personal opinion I guess - we'll never know.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-02-04 at 09:12 PM.

Horde were doing this since BFA launched.

Get off your high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    This is why PvP realms were leaders in PvE content like raiding, but seldom ever participated in ACTUAL PvP (i.e. - World). Warmode is proof that PvP only realms were a failed idea, and almost every PvPer I know prefers instanced (safe) PvP. No one likes getting jumped while trying to collect 10 piles of poop for some poison cure with some random humanoid.
    Not to mention that majority of the old pvp servers were heavily one sided.

Frostmourne was dominated by alliance
    Barthilas was dominated by horde

Those were the two OCE servers with the highest population, and still are.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Are you stupid? It will never be possible to balance shards as long as one side has way more overall players.
    What? Are you crazy? Ofcourse it can be done. IT HAS been done already.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some time ago we made a hotfix to War Mode which enforces all War Mode shards that have both Alliance and Horde in them to have a stricter, more even ratio. We’ve been monitoring the results and so far we’ve noticed a significant improvement in “fair and balanced” shards. So much so that it’s safe to say that if you are Alliance, and you see Horde in the outdoor world in War Mode, you are a relatively even horde to alliance ratio shard. There are some rare exceptions, such as when a raid of 40 players enter a zone. It may take a bit for the “shard manager” to compensate and balance the shard.

We do have some plans in store in Tides of Vengeance (Patch 8.1) to entice the underrepresented faction with greater rewards to increase participation and create more active Horde/Allianced mixed War Mode shards. The intent of those rewards is not to give the underrepresented faction some “compensation” for being outnumbered in a War Mode shard (since that really can’t happen anymore).

We're also looking forward to what you all think about the Incursions in War Mode for 8.1, since it brings Horde and Alliance to the same location which should create some pretty fun skirmishes.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are missing the dilemma :3

Alliance is the only faction that has a quest to kill the other faction.
    Blizzard is incentivizing ONLY Alliance to kill the other faction.

Result: You see many more "ganking" from Alliance than Horde. Because people always choose the path of least resistance...this is what you see.

IMO there shouldnt be incentives for group PvP...much less for only one faction.
    People will ALWAYS choose the path of least resistance.
    Therefore > Ganking

Ganking is not true world pvp.
    Group quests to kill the other faction incentivize Ganking
    Therefore there shouldnt be "many" group pvp quests...

The situation is worse because only one faction has the quest.
    except on US they dont right now.
    and idk about you, but even without the quest i still see thousands of horde killing and ganking alliance.
    and nah i have yet to see "more ganking from alliance" i have seen mostly horde.

also its funny you say ganking is not world pvp but back before 8.1 i am sure you were one of the people who told alliance to "git gud" when they were slaughtered by a few hundred horde.

hell wanna know whats fucking funny? we literally had a 80 man horde raid in the portal room in boralus, killing EVERYONE in boralus, for HOURS if they got weak they retreated into there and aoed the entrance.

oh yeah and this was the first week of the raid launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except on US they dont right now.
    and idk about you, but even without the quest i still see thousands of horde killing and ganking alliance.
    and nah i have yet to see "more ganking from alliance" i have seen mostly horde.

also its funny you say ganking is not world pvp but back before 8.1 i am sure you were one of the people who told alliance to "git gud" when they were slaughtered by a few hundred horde.

hell wanna know whats fucking funny? we literally had a 80 man horde raid in the portal room in boralus, killing EVERYONE in boralus, for HOURS if they got weak they retreated into there and aoed the entrance.

oh yeah and this was the first week of the raid launch.
    -Horde "won" at warmode driven by ROLEPLAYING reasons.
    It was just Horde doing horde things, without any kind of reward.
    Even today, those Horde groups you see are driven by roleplay

The situation is not as bad as the Alliance

Because Alliance is driven by rewards > path of least resistance > Ganking
    Non stop, all day, everyday, the entire week

I doubt this was the Horde situation...when it was pure roleplay. The situation couldnt be THAT bad.

-And yes i was one of those people who said there was no problem in warmode.
    I never said "get gud" though
    But my position is different now since the implementation of "Overwhelming Odds"
    I dont agree with Overwhelming Odds quest.