Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You are not the first nor the second to call me a roleplayer :S
    I dont understand though.
    Dont people follow any etiquette ingame...just because its a game?
    no because its a fucking game, and they want to get done their quest and be done with it, and no alot of players are not "honorable" why do you think the horde to this day still has massive gank raids... for literally no reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    It was mostly ppl doing achievements and stuff. Alliance for some reason still doing this...
    so when horde does it for acheive that is fine, but when alliance do it for acheives its not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    so "It was cool when the horde curb stomped the alliance, but now that once in awhile the alliance curb stomps the horde, its not cool anymore"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Well no, of course they won't create a quest like that (are there actual world pvp objective quests in the game now?)

Not sure if you were around Vanilla - but there used to be Dishonorable Kills in World PvP that would affect your PvP Ranking negatively.
    have you not played bfa? there is MANY world pvp objective quests, aswell as world pvp acheivements...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reapehvk View Post
    Form a group, get phased, no fight....
    you dont get phased if you form a group... you get phased if you JOIN a group.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a huge difference.

Horde used to "win" Warmode for ROLEPLAYING reasons.
    Just Horde things.
    They got no rewards for doing so.

Alliance on the other hand are doing it for the rewards.

Which creates a lot worse of a situation.
    We are camping Horde all day everyday for the entire week. Quite literally.

While Horde back in the day used to do it for fun. The situation wasnt as bad as you say it was.
    no they didnt, they didnt win warmode for roleplayign reasons, they won it because there was far more of them. they got lots of honor, and a free 10% extra rewards.

also how does alliance get rewards for camping horde all day every day for an entire week? explain.

and yes it was VERY BAD and stil is VERY BAD

Horde raid that was camping the incursion location, and eventually the flgiht points

24th, so this was only a few days after the "Alliance ruled warmode with their 400 ilvl gear!"

here is also that raid i was talking about, thats not even all of them, just as many nameplates as my game could load.
    lets not forget how the horde loved to camp outside uldir.

every time i went i had to pop all my cooldowns just to make it inside

oh another time horde spent a total of 4 hours killing people in boralus before getting bored and leaving!
    their bounties as they pushed into the city, only 1 bounty died.

Awww look at these poor helpeless horde... oh nooooo

They spent the entire incursion gaurding the entire area around the last quest, took me an hour to keep corpse walking to get to it, then get far enough away i could hearth out. barely made it in time to hand in the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no because its a fucking game
    In different games you see players with etiquette in world pvp. Depends on the community.
    WoW's suck in general BUT plenty of true World PvP'ers follow a code.

and they want to get done their quest and be done with it
    Exactly why i dont agree with Overwhelming Odds types of quests.
    Because it incentivizes dishonorable behaviour.

alot of players are not "honorable" why do you think the horde to this day still has massive gank raids... for literally no reason?
    Because WoW community is dumb? Confirmed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the concept of warmode is fine, the problem is CRZ and how they prioritize sharding, ally raid group camping a flight path? horde people keep getting sharded into the gank without knowing, they use grp finder to jump shards and rinse n'repeat.

"back in the day" pvp servers while again population horribly managed by blizz, you will still have the community aspect. "hey that guy is ganking again!" "sweet time for some payback!" now its well who cares because i will literally never see this person who ganked me ever again.
    issue is then the people who are on servers where one faction outnumbers the other are just fucked and laughed at cause "well what you gunna do? we outrnumber you, and you cant get other servers to help."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    2) they will see how people quit using WM in droves by server cluster/region and realize they failed with making WPVP relevant and remove it, returning to "always on" PVP servers and "optional PVP" PVE servers, then rebalance the clusters yet again.

What will happen:
    1) Nothing, because they have data that says it's fine and "balanced".
    I don't think they can 'unring the bell' by re-enabling PVP servers. It wouldn't be 'fair' to people who rolled on those servers since BFA to be forced into permanent PVP. I think warmode is the last hope for WPVP - if it fails, WPVP is dead.

The 15% anomaly is due to the outsized PVE reward coinciding with the start of season 2 and BoD opening. It wouldn't have happened again even if the reward wasn't nerfed to 385. Blizzard has overreacted again with the nerf.

A better option than the soon-to-be-permanent 30% alliance incentive would be a reduction of the horde side 10% bonus. Remove horde PVE'ers who warmode purely for efficiency of questing and leveling.

no they didnt, they didnt win warmode for roleplayign reasons, they won it because there was far more of them.
    Nope, false.
    Blizzard made a fix to balance shards.

Horde won warmode because they like to form raids...roleplaying raids to kill alliance.

All your images only tell me Horde loves to kill Alliance and they are organized...

And if they are organized for roleplay. they sure as hell are organized for rewards.

7+ Year Old Account
    In different games you see players with etiquette in world pvp. Depends on the community.
    WoW's suck in general BUT plenty of true World PvP'ers follow a code.

Exactly why i dont agree with Overwhelming Odds types of quests.
    Because it incentivizes dishonorable behaviour.

Because WoW community is dumb? Confirmed
    yes some people do, i usally dont attack peopler unless they are about my gear level and it would be a 1v1, and only if they are not missing too much health. but not everyone does that, very few do.

they dont need a quest to do it obviouslly... cause you cant do overwhelming odds in a raid, and these raids very much arek illing... in raids... so... the qiuest has nothing to do with it.

holy shit, we agree on something!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, false.
    Blizzard made a fix to balance shards.

Horde won warmode because they like to form raids...roleplaying raids to kill alliance.

All your images only tell me Horde loves to kill Alliance and they are organized...

And if they are organized for roleplay. they sure as hell are organized for rewards.
    what? why do you just throw the word roleplaying into stuff like its a fucking buzzword?
    what do you mean "roleplaying raids to kill alliance"
    horde won warmode because there was more horde, so they formed raids to get easy honor and kill people for fun.

what? why do you just throw the word roleplaying into stuff like its a fucking buzzword?
    what do you mean "roleplaying raids to kill alliance"
    horde won warmode because there was more horde, so they formed raids to get easy honor and kill people for fun.
    I say roleplay because it is what it is.

There are next to no rewards for warmode.
    Conquest points?
    I get the same amount in 2 arenas.
    Honor?
    Just spam arenas

The rewards of warmode were pitiful

Horde killed alliance for fun > roleplay

Alliance also kills horde for roleplay.
    Im in a community called "Alliance Defence Force" with 100 players online constantly.
    We/They kill Horde for fun everyday since the start of warmode.
    @FelPlague check out my community 50 players online at 11 oclock in a monday
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-02-04 at 10:22 PM.

What? Are you crazy? Ofcourse it can be done. IT HAS been done already.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some time ago we made a hotfix to War Mode which enforces all War Mode shards that have both Alliance and Horde in them to have a stricter, more even ratio. We’ve been monitoring the results and so far we’ve noticed a significant improvement in “fair and balanced” shards. So much so that it’s safe to say that if you are Alliance, and you see Horde in the outdoor world in War Mode, you are a relatively even horde to alliance ratio shard. There are some rare exceptions, such as when a raid of 40 players enter a zone. It may take a bit for the “shard manager” to compensate and balance the shard.

We do have some plans in store in Tides of Vengeance (Patch 8.1) to entice the underrepresented faction with greater rewards to increase participation and create more active Horde/Allianced mixed War Mode shards. The intent of those rewards is not to give the underrepresented faction some “compensation” for being outnumbered in a War Mode shard (since that really can’t happen anymore).

We're also looking forward to what you all think about the Incursions in War Mode for 8.1, since it brings Horde and Alliance to the same location which should create some pretty fun skirmishes.
    Did you skip math in school? If there are 100 horde and 60 alliance, then you can never make balanced shards.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Did you skip math in school? If there are 100 horde and 60 alliance, then you can never make balanced shards.
    lol

1 shard 30 horde

1 shard 20 alliance

1 shard 10 alliance

You grab the 1 horde shard and put together with the 2 alliance shards.

And to think you called me stupid at some point...

I read most of this, and I do not quite understand what people want. Is the complaint the warmode bonus? Is the complaint that the fights are not 1v1? be it 10% or 30% it still is barely worth the hassle IMO. I did do the weekly for the item, but immediately turned it off after. I never joined a raid to do it ( you can't actually complete the quest in a raid ) and found that alliance organized just using general chat usually. No raid needed. So I guess that just makes the problem that alliance is being aggressive? The only way for warmode to be a "failure" is if all the players turn it off, as I see it. If you think that you are dying just way too much, then you are probably used to playing on a PVP server that your faction dominated.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

7+ Year Old Account
    I say roleplay because it is what it is.

There are next to no rewards for warmode.
    Conquest points?
    I get the same amount in 2 arenas.
    Honor?
    Just spam arenas

The rewards of warmode were pitiful

Horde killed alliance for fun > roleplay

Alliance also kills horde for roleplay.
    Im in a community called "Alliance Defence Force" with 100 players online constantly.
    We/They kill Horde for fun everyday since the start of warmode.
    @FelPlague check out my community 50 players online at 11 oclock in a monday
    its not roleplay, you fucking serious "people do something not for a reward, therefore its roleplay" that is not what roleplay is... holy hell.
    also yes there is honor from world pvp.
    and people enjoying wasting other peoples time does not mean roleplaying.
    if a troll comes here and spams thereads "thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker lawl" by your logic they are roleplayers.
    stop using roleplayers as a fucking buzzword.

40 people camping an alliance flight point cause its funny to imagine how mad they are getting while also getting honor and acheives is not "roleplaying"

stop calling it roleplay, its not roleplay, just because you go out and kill horde does not mean it is suddenly roleplay... stop treating it like a buzzword, i bet you call "afking in boralus" roleplaying too.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-02-04 at 10:37 PM.

its not roleplay, you fucking serious "people do something not for a reward, therefore its roleplay" that is not what roleplay is... holy hell.
    also yes there is honor from world pvp.
    and people enjoying wasting other peoples time does not mean roleplaying.
    if a troll comes here and spams thereads "thunderfury blessed blade of the windseeker lawl" by your logic they are roleplayers.
    stop using roleplayers as a fucking buzzword.

40 people camping an alliance flight point cause its funny to imagine how mad they are getting while also getting honor and acheives is not "roleplaying"

stop calling it roleplay, its not roleplay, just because you go out and kill horde does not mean it is suddenly roleplay...
    I dont know why you are so offended by me calling it roleplay :S
    Are you a roleplayer and got offended? Im sorry then.

The same way i am offended when people say ganking is true world pvp.

Now you understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why you are so offended by me calling it roleplay :S
    Are you a roleplayer and got offended? Im sorry then.

The same way i am offended when people say ganking is true world pvp.

Now you understand.
    yes im an ACTUAL roleplayer
    40 people in a raid killing the other faction is not roleplay.
    you literally dont even know what roleplaying is if you think 40 random horde/alliance getting together to farm acheives/honor is "roleplay"

its literally me standing and saying "yeah im a mythic raider, i do mythic dungeons like once a day, yeah mythic raiding is so cool"

NO ONE SAYS GANKING IS TRUE WORLD PVP just that BOTH FACTIONS DO IT and guess what HORDE MORE THEN ALLIANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    this was the case when uldir launched horde got a free 370 and could farm 340 and were far ahead of alliance didnt see people bitch this much however
    what free 370?

NO ONE SAYS GANKING IS TRUE WORLD PVP just that BOTH FACTIONS DO IT and guess what HORDE MORE THEN ALLIANCE.
    Im being roflstomped 24/7 by people telling me ganking is true world pvp though!
    Thats why im on the edge of insanity right now.

I would like people to actually see Warmode could be something different than what we have today.

If it was properly constructed to not be a ganking fest.
    A massacre, a slaughter of solo players by groups.

Blizzard cant just throw us a quest of killing the other faction...it will just promote ganking.
    I dont agree with Overwhelming odds type of rewards or quests because of that.

issue is then the people who are on servers where one faction outnumbers the other are just fucked and laughed at cause "well what you gunna do? we outrnumber you, and you cant get other servers to help."
    There are ways to fix server population issues: merged servers, stop one side from making new accounts on the server, ect.

This far down the line there is no real good answers to a fix.

There are ways to fix server population issues: merged servers, stop one side from making new accounts on the server, ect.

There is already a system in place to balance shards.
    Check the blizzquote up.

But its not Blizzards fault one guy decides to do a raid, ruining the balance
    And its not Blizzards fault a counter raid is not being formed by the other faction.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Velcome to the alliance world since day 1. The table have turned, there is no balance.
    The fact they ever thought it could be balanced or even remotely close to balanced is the best part. You would think that a company that has been doing this since late 2004 would understand that while everyone complains and boasts that they want a fair fight, the vast majority really don't. It's todays captain obvious statement "Everyone loves winning" and when people start losing and losing it hurts their egos to the point that they go do something else. This isn't just an Alliance thing, or a horde thing, it's a humanity thing.

TL;DR they should of learned by now to just give up on world PvP. It hasn't been really that good for many many years now and it never will be again.
    '
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Im being roflstomped 24/7 by people telling me ganking is true world pvp though!
    Thats why im on the edge of insanity right now.

I would like people to actually see Warmode could be something different than what we have today.

If it was properly constructed to not be a ganking fest.
    A massacre, a slaughter of solo players by groups.

Blizzard cant just throw us a quest of killing the other faction...it will just promote ganking.
    I dont agree with Overwhelming odds type of rewards or quests because of that.
    and those people are idiots and you are defending them you realize that right?

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOL STOP ONE SIDE FROM MAKING NEW ACCOUNTS!?!??
    quick way to literaly fucking kill your game
    "I wanna play with you but it says i cant cause there is too many of your faction on that server...."

thank FUCK you are not a game dev, that would be horrible.

and those people are idiots and you are defending them you realize that right?
    But they are so many!
    In fact...i think you are the first to agree with me...im not even joking.

edit: How am i defending gankers?