Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The Alliance commander doesn't align with anyone.

He wants to supply weapons to the Blood Trolls as the "enemy of my enemy".

The Alliance literally has no reason to go to Uldir. None at all.
    Didn't mean the Player Character, but if I'm recalling right, one Female Human participating in the Nazmir operations did ally with the Blood Trolls, even trying to ritualistically sacrifice a Zandalari Troll (don't remember if she actually did that).

The Alliance Player go to Uldir to help Brann destroy G'huun, because it's a World threat. Without G'huun, the Blood Trolls aren't a real menance to anyone outside Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post

BFA zones are also littered with pretty bad area design. Every mob camp feels like an over cramped mosh pit where moving 5 feet in any direction means you're pulling half a dozen mobs. This isn't counting Blizzard's overzealous use of high-hp neutral mobs that tend to patrol everywhere that are extremely easy to accidentally aggro through cleave and aoe.
    Yeah, that's tiresome. Mob density is way too high in places (there's an azerite area on the coast in Tiragarde knee-deep in neutral mobs.). Also, weirdly, a developer at Blizz clearly hates domestic cats. What's that all about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh I always thought that cities in WoW are waaaaay too small for what they are supposed to be; only SW and Org feel barely the right size. Gadgetzan, for example, is supposed to be a thriving neutral trade city, but in-game you don't see but four or five goblin huts... like WTF? I loved Hearthstone's depiction of Gadgetzan. Shattrath and Dal -especially the latter- made me claustrophobic, lol.
    I actually kinda like Drazar'alor. It's a nice looking city which looks like it could hold a lot of people, but I wish things could have been more centralised around the large waterfall by the pyramid and that the vendors were more unique ala Dalaran.

I absolutely adore Suramar and it is the only city in WoW that feels like a real city.

10+ Year Old Account

Where is the Suramar of BfA?
    any chance that Nazjatar will fill that role ?

I was sick of the few zones in Legion by the first time through. I can't imagine doing only three zones.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Mystery is fine, but when the only reason I step into a zone is to do random WQ with no narrative other than "kill 10 boars and you get loot" it just feels hollow to me.
    But that is exactly what a horde is there to do though. They are not their to solve the problems of Kul'tiras. They are not there to help the Alliance. They are there to support the horde war effort. Blizzard hasn't managed to juggle two factions in the same zone since the start. Majority of the time it is the same story lines when both experience it. Or very similar.

Could they have made zone wide stories for the other zones for alliance/horde? Sure. Does it make sense for their to be a large story line or to experience the same one? Not from a lore prospective. At least with Kul'tiras. Some of the Horde zone stories would fit just fine for an Alliance. But horde wouldn't be saving the zones from Ashvane, Drust, or Tidesages. They would want to encourage those forces to crush the Kul'tirans.

Then you have to figure out which lore perspective is the "right" one. The war campaigns certainly could have focused more on inter-zone conflict.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokks View Post
    The zones are fine, the people are the problem.
    Roflmaoxd ok. Going over to the other zones while never having played the other factions questlines is a shock. Mostly in Drustvar and Stormsong. There's very little in the way of lore that explains why these zones are the way they are and the groups that inhabit them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance commander doesn't align with anyone.

He wants to supply weapons to the Blood Trolls as the "enemy of my enemy".

The Alliance literally has no reason to go to Uldir. None at all.
    Why would the Alliance go to Uldir, because Old Gods are the planet's enemy. Doesn't matter if it is a new one or an ancient one they need to be dealt with before they get out of control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Roflmaoxd ok. Going over to the other zones while never having played the other factions questlines is a shock. Mostly in Drustvar and Stormsong. There's very little in the way of lore that explains why these zones are the way they are and the groups that inhabit them.
    Duh. Because you go over as a group that isn't involved with those that inhabit them. Our characters are not omniscient. If it is truly about lore this wouldn't even be an issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I miss tbc/wotlk styled layouts, wotlk more so than tbc, of the zones. Also I miss out-leveling zones and having a clear route. Thats just me. Also I agree with a lot of the initial post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Duh. Because you go over as a group that isn't involved with those that inhabit them. Our characters are not omniscient. If it is truly about lore this wouldn't even be an issue.
    If you are a combatant going into a hostile zone you should have nothing explained about the people living there? Great logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are a combatant going into a hostile zone you should have nothing explained about the people living there? Great logic.
    Each factions learns a little bit. Why do you expect them to know everything just because? WoW doesn't have google in-game where they can look up a wiki page about the enemy. The Alliance literally doesn't know much about blood trolls before they get there and then they are learn a little about them setting up camp for example.

Tbh I liked how WoD design every zone to be a big storyline and you can feel some there are more links between zones aside of the big storyline and you can see the characters for more than 1 zone and not learning the new the names of the new npcs of the area, this is disjoint is more felt in the alliance because while Jaina is in jail you are just doing errands from randoms instead of planning to save her life(we got lucky some guys we helped are from the noble houses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Each factions learns a little bit. Why do you expect them to know everything just because? WoW doesn't have google in-game where they can look up a wiki page about the enemy. The Alliance literally doesn't know much about blood trolls before they get there and then they are learn a little about them setting up camp for example.
    Like someone mentioned in a comment higher up, Alliance have a lot more intel on what is going on in Zandalar than the Horde does about Kul Tiras. Which makes it a lot more confusing for Horde players. Which in a war setting makes absolutely no sense. We should have spies or someone snatching up intel that should gives us more information than what is given out ingame. Horde knows apparently about powerful enemies that need to be slain(WQ rares) but don't know why the humans are fighting between themselves? Isn't that kinda nonsensical?

- - - Updated - - -

I find this making no sense too. The Horde isn't that stupid, we have scouts for a reason.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2019-02-04 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    So horde players dont know what the alliance zone stories are? Ummm Ok... Thats because it doesnt concern you. Why do you need to know about a Kultiran power swap. Or Bolvars daughter that was hidden away? Or Jaina's family story? Its not your factions story its Alliance, Just like we alliance dont need to know about your troll conflict.
    Because I still have to go to those zones and do dungeons and quests there ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Because I still have to go to those zones and do dungeons and quests there ...
    Exactly.
    This isn't like the Redridge Mountains or Azuremyst Isles where Horde never has to go ever. These are zones we are meant to go in and that makes it feel so hollow and disjointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde knows apparently about powerful enemies that need to be slain(WQ rares) but don't know why the humans are fighting between themselves? Isn't that kinda nonsensical?
    World quests are not really part of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.
    This isn't like the Redridge Mountains or Azuremyst Isles where Horde never has to go ever. These are zones we are meant to go in and that makes it feel so hollow and disjointed.
    Meant to go in as players. There seems to be a distinct lack of separation between the player and the character. Horde characters have no real reason to go to Kul'tiras dungeons according to story.

7+ Year Old Account
    World quests are not really part of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to go in as players. There seems to be a distinct lack of separation between the player and the character. Horde characters have no real reason to go to Kul'tiras dungeons according to story.
    Again I repeat, BAD game design. If we shouldn't go there in lore then we shouldn't go there as players. But we do and that makes it shitty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again I repeat, BAD game design. If we shouldn't go there in lore then we shouldn't go there as players. But we do and that makes it shitty.
    Players are not lore. If you equate characters and players as the same in lore then you were always have story that doesn't make sense. That isn't bad game design. Using your logic the only good game design is where you have no repeatable content because you can only kill things once in lore. But zero repeatable content is bad game design for an MMO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Players are not lore.
    Players ARE lore, even back in Vanilla, when we were mere grunts doing menial tasks and a lot of footwork. When you crossed two enemy zones (as a Horde player) to go questing in Badlands, there were lore reasons to do so, even if you were given little to no information about those zones. Now, our toon is Speaker of the Horde lorewise, we are supposed to have at least a little briefing about wtf is happening on the enemy islands besides "there's Ally there, kill'em all 'n git muh azerite". It makes the experience really shallow, together with several other in- and out-of-game elements. Ditto for Ally, although they seem to have it somewhat better in that department.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.