Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh good you aren't subbed, that is one less afker in the game then. Man this game must really bother you if you have to worry about the goings on still.
    Imagine being so upset about a game that you are here months later complaining about it while also defending people AFKing during content wasting peoples time. Geez.

I don't even understand how this is a thread.. guy complaining he gets booted for being AFK in content while wasting other peoples time. When I read the title I figure it would be about how boring it was or something.. but no a guy whining about getting booted for AFKing.

I also like the concept of "nothing to do" when at minimum you can be DPSing the silly robots at the end (or pushing the midway to them).

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    No one from my guild or my friend list does, we have discussed many times the reasons.

So, this is not a troll question, but what so you enjoy that makes you repeatedly come back to them? Since I never spoke to a person who enjoys them I am really curious what do you actually like?

Here is what I see in Warfronts:
    The extra activities are mundane, such as carrying lumber, there are no risks or threats. At no point are you faced with a task that needs more than most basic ability to control your character, you are not challenged in any way. There is no need for coordinated tactical team play. And there is hardly a chance to actually lose.
    Like Blizzard said themselves - a slight raid coordination leads to the whole group of people with nothing to do until the gates fall. It is a waiting game as soon as a minimal degree of skill is involved.
    And, like Blizzard also said that is the reason they do not allow premade raid groups to enter. Because they would end up waiting for several minutes for the time gated auto complete objective.
    The only reason you wait is if you do it by choice. WHen I play, I am always doing something, wheter it is gathering resources, helping groups kill the mobs and gain control of all the outposts, gain recruits, get a siege weapon. I never have to wait for a gate to fall. That slight raid coordination you talk about? Has never happened in any warfront I have ever done. It's organized chaos and I feel like I actually am accomplishing something rather than simply trying to avoid dying in raids or dungeons. As it is, they shouldn't allow pre-made groups because that defeats the purpose. Pre-made groups are for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Items of such a high level should never be so easy to acquire. It undermines any other gearing system in the game. That is my biggest issue with it. Yes, it's once every 3 weeks or whatever but that's not the point. I do, however, actively participate in gathering resources and informing others how many more resources are needed for catapaults and stronghold upgrade so I can get the fuck out of that dump of a game system asap.

I'd rather relive garrisons all over again every day for the rest of WoW than run more than one warfront per cycle
    Yeah, but how else are they going to get people to participate with such boring content? The only reason many people even sit through a warfront is for the gear. If not for that they'd be a ghost town.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    This is a design failure. They literally design this game as a skinner box to keep you subbed now so don't tell me they don't understand at a basic level how humans operate.
    They certainly do if they illicit this amount of addiction from a person who both hates the game and doesn't play it. It certainly is what was advertised at Blizzcon. It just is not what players thought it would be. It still doesn't change the fact that people who join a group activity just to afk are worse then any content Blizzard has or ever will design. You shouldn't be justifying their behavior. No one should.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop trying to change human nature and start complaining that Daddy Blizz sucks at their fucking job.
    But they don't if it is a skinner box as you claim. They keep even those who quit the game addicted enough that they spend their time whining and arguing about the game. Human nature isn't to exploit anything you can with minimal effort. Stop acting like it is. It may be your nature but it is a terrible human being that promotes or defends such behavior.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, but how else are they going to get people to participate with such boring content? The only reason many people even sit through a warfront is for the gear. If not for that they'd be a ghost town.
    Absolutely. Begs the question - why bother creating such content in the first place? It was intentionally rolled out with this reward structure in mind. The resources could have been so much better spent elsewhere. It can't be to tell the story of a faction conflict, because that's already shoved in our faces ad nauseam.

At least from what information has been released, we won't be getting another one anytime soon. Fingers crossed they are done with the experiment

Actually you can contribute to make it go faster. My Demo Lock completes Darkshore in roughly 16 minutes and my Hpriest takes almost 22 minutes. The average 6 minute difference is made by me getting 4 stacks of Damage buff and 2 Huntresses with 3-3 upgrades. I also summon the Archdruid as as Gloomtide is captured. He will tank for me up to the air base and then tank for my huntresses at the two towers (giant goblin machines).

With food and flask and two huntresses I average nearly 40k dps througout and spike to 70k dps with heroism on last boss, while all the afker's (like you) never do more than 7-14k dps. If someone gets the Hero token for altar of storms, have them take the Dryad to increase your haste. I've broken 120k dps with archdruid npc healing and dryad player healing me. Be vocal and communicate.

Just one player doing these things shaves off 6 minutes. What if 5 players did? I bet it could be done in under 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-02-05 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching people like you defend big corporations is far more entertaining than actually playing the game.
    And that shows your addiction and who is the real person hooked by the evil big corporations.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The idea that they're so boring people would rather just afk through them or pseudo afk while watching something else, pretty much proves its bad content though i'd think.
    This is only true if you have one highly active player on a dps character, then yes the other 19 can afk and /follow. I could solo the whole place on my warlock with archdruid and 4 stacks of damage buff from altar of storms...it would take over a half hour though and there have been outliers of it taking over a half hour instead of 15-16 minutes (my average on warlock).

However, I've lost Battle for Darkshore twice on my Hpriest, due to an overwhelming 15+ players overwhelmingly (similar rate to my warlock that experieced 35-45 minute darkshore when 15+ afk'ed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    The warfont takes about 20 minutes to complete and there is not much you can do to speed it up. An efficient player like me would think to himself "Nothing I do here matters so i'll just go afk for that time and do something more productive like making my taxes or cutting my toenails" but here comes the issue: The LFR Police!
    If I have to choose getting Darkshore done in 15 minutes with an active group of players instead of 45 minutes (triple the time) with a bunch of afker's, which do you think I'll choose?

You seem to forget that other people do not want to be there either. Fact Check: The world does not revolve around you. We're not going to farm at the expense of our own time for your leisure. We will kick you, with passion.

In fact, because people are generally NOT happy in Darkshore, they are more likely to kick you for afk'ing and wasting their time just to release their anger.

Me? I just blast the Darkshore soundtrack on max. It's the best part of Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Could just not queue for them. Or contribute a little and make it go a little faster. I dunno, just a suggestion.
    ^yep.
    I dunno they are what you make of them, if you are going to go in thinking "all these plebs" you are gonna have some kind of complex when most likely you are just as pleb as everyone else.

just take an example and watch method, you are never going to be that good, leave the ego at home.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Begs the question - why bother creating such content in the first place? It was intentionally rolled out with this reward structure in mind. The resources could have been so much better spent elsewhere. It can't be to tell the story of a faction conflict, because that's already shoved in our faces ad nauseam.

At least from what information has been released, we won't be getting another one anytime soon. Fingers crossed they are done with the experiment
    It's because Blizzard never takes a step back anymore and asks "Are players actually enjoying this content?".

They just say "We made this content, so players have to do it. It's part of our progression path. We are incapable of admitting failure. We'll bribe players to do the content and call it a success."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

That's all i can think of: It was an experiment. What it was meant to test I don't really know. Maybe if smarter enemy AI was actually providing a real challenge....I could see Warfronts being a PVE alternative to BGs.

But other than that I'm really not sure what Blizz was shooting for here.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The idea that they're so boring people would rather just afk through them or pseudo afk while watching something else, pretty much proves its bad content though i'd think.
    I mean i agree with that sentiment. I think for a feature that they hyped up as being super dooper amazing and fun and awesome and a core feature of the expansion, it has been a catastrophic failure. I do it ONCE per cycle, and that's it. And only for the quest rewards. It isn't interesting, it isn't engaging etc etc. But to complain about queueing for it and then being kicked for afking it with the entitlement of "oh just let me afk im a raider and i need the gear" is beyond me (referring to the OP)

I mean i agree with that sentiment. I think for a feature that they hyped up as being super dooper amazing and fun and awesome and a core feature of the expansion, it has been a catastrophic failure. I do it ONCE per cycle, and that's it. And only for the quest rewards. It isn't interesting, it isn't engaging etc etc. But to complain about queueing for it and then being kicked for afking it with the entitlement of "oh just let me afk im a raider and i need the gear" is beyond me (referring to the OP)
    Oh for sure, complaining about getting caught afk'ing is pretty troll level whining haha. But I'm glad I'm not the only one driven to extreme boredom by the content.

AFK'ers suck...

End of!

I have fun with warfronts.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Perhaps you could just stop AFKing. A novel idea I know. It does speed it up. But don't be the guy that thinks you're too good to do your part the entire time. Just don't bother going if you can't be bothered to participate.

Just think about if they'd made WFs open world, spread put the victory conditions across an entire 24 hour cycle, or even an entire week, and combi ed it with the population balancing sharding they're using in War Mode right now.

It would have had different problems, but at least it would have been interesting.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I regularly go afk in warfronts. Especially Darkshore. Warfronts are so mindnumbing it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    So since everyone has to do the new warfront again because it provides a free ilvl 400 item, I just figured out why warfonts are the worst content in mmo history.

The warfont takes about 20 minutes to complete and there is not much you can do to speed it up. An efficient player like me would think to himself "Nothing I do here matters so i'll just go afk for that time and do something more productive like making my taxes or cutting my toenails" but here comes the issue: The LFR Police!

Some lowlifes are always checking the map and if you arent in immediate proximity the the rest of the group you'll get called out and kicked. Kinda like it is in Island expeditions. LFR-Hero number 1 sees that you arent close to him and therefore you have to be kicked although you are basically clearing the Island by yourself.
    Of course in the case of the wafront you are really afk.

What I am trying to say is:

There is nothing to do inside the warfont. It is just a waiting game. But you also cannot be afk for that waiting game because you'll get kicked. So you have to do something but there isnt anything to do. This is how I imagine Hell, hence the title.
    found the lazy fuck. I feel ZERO pity for you. learn to afk more intelligently

a question to all the afk-people:
    since everyone always claim that anything below the later hc bosses and mythic is "stupidly easy",
    would you be ok with someone afking in your pug? it's just "mindnumbing boring stuff" anyways.

as others have pointed out, you CAN speed up warfronts.
    help taking bases
    turn in metal/wood
    PROTECT THOSE DAMN SIEGE WEAPONS!

and if everyone would use the wait time at the end (gate in arathi, katapults in DS) to get 2 follower and the 40% buff instead of just standing around, it would be even faster.