Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Man, if only the Alliance understood what that was like......
    Yet they only cared when it was them that were the victims of a broken system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    But they are so many!
    In fact...i think you are the first to agree with me...im not even joking.

edit: How am i defending gankers?
    by calling it roleplaying, saying that the horde just "roleplayng" and that its a "valid tactic" and that when the horde did it, it was fine, but when alliance does it, it is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    by calling it roleplaying, saying that the horde just "roleplayng" and that its a "valid tactic" and that when the horde did it, it was fine, but when alliance does it, it is not.
    The entire community has no personality...
    Well..it has.
    A dumb one.

In this case is Blizzards job (or not, depending on opinion) to guide the community via incentives.

Its a valid tactic because Blizzard says so.
    There is no PvP harassment in Blizzards eyes.

Ganking was always a dishonorable action in my eyes.
    I just came to my senses once Overwhelming Odds was implemented because i joined the slaughter...and it was horrible.

Got that sweet 400 ilvl i guess...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-02-04 at 11:22 PM.

If blizzard removed any sort of reward or gains from pvping while in a raid group, this might stop the imbalance, encourage people to turn it on and form 5 man groups... and negate players from unbalancing shards by forming raid groups.

If there is no gain or benefit, or credit towards achievements or kill counts from being in a raid group, they will form less, balance gets maintained more, and 1-5v1-5 groups might be more prevalent.

Sharding will balance the rest out so no one side is at an advantage in a zone. No need for additional faction bonuses, as more people would play with it on, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    If blizzard removed any sort of reward or gains from pvping while in a raid group, this might stop the imbalance, encourage people to turn it on and form 5 man groups... and negate players from unbalancing shards by forming raid groups.

If there is no gain or benefit, or credit towards achievements or kill counts from being in a raid group, they will form less, balance gets maintained more, and 1-5v1-5 groups might be more prevalent.

Sharding will balance the rest out so no one side is at an advantage in a zone. No need for additional faction bonuses, as more people would play with it on, myself included.
    Blizzard had your idea and implemented exactly what you said

Still 40 people in several small 5 groups farm the other faction.
    Still 5v1 is the path of least resistance

there is still a ganking massacre

Funny how people leave out the amount of rewards you get for doing the same as the horde side.... wonder why. Almost as if that's the problem, not the actual ganking... hmm.

I still do not know what people want this system to be. I am VERY clear that inappropriate use of the term "roleplaying" is something people are very strongly against.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

lol

1 shard 30 horde

1 shard 20 alliance

1 shard 10 alliance

You grab the 1 horde shard and put together with the 2 alliance shards.

And to think you called me stupid at some point...
    Great, you know that 30 = 30. So we had 100 horde and 60 alliance, you put 30 horde together with 30 alliance, so we still have 70 horde and 30 alliance left. How do you balance the remaining?

My how the turntables.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and those people are idiots and you are defending them you realize that right?

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOL STOP ONE SIDE FROM MAKING NEW ACCOUNTS!?!??
    quick way to literaly fucking kill your game
    "I wanna play with you but it says i cant cause there is too many of your faction on that server...."

thank FUCK you are not a game dev, that would be horrible.
    its worked fine on other games, granted its they where more pvp oriented, when one server was to lopsided you weren't able to make that faction on that server. Either way like I said, at this point its far along, and far to much damage has been done for an easy fix.

- - - Updated - - -

There is already a system in place to balance shards.
    Check the blizzquote up.

But its not Blizzards fault one guy decides to do a raid, ruining the balance
    And its not Blizzards fault a counter raid is not being formed by the other faction.
    but it is blizzards fault because the system creates this scenarios and they haven't adjusted to address it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to do just fine and my class gets wrekt by most in 1v1 let alone 1v"30" camping FPs

Quote Originally Posted by Krokks View Post
    It's always been pointless. There was already a way to turn warmode on and off. It was called PvE and PvP servers and it actually worked.
    Amen, my brother. Amen.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Alliance made the groups to farm the weekly, we do not have the weekly so unlikely that you are seeing "1v40".

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem with all world pvp you get a bunch of idiots running around in a group and swarming with healers and its over. I am Alliance and have had Warmode on since the expansion launched the Horde were the zerg at first no real surprise there. And only when they pushed this massive bonus did the Allied raids start. Is it fun for anyone no and thats the issue with world pvp it is very hard to make it fun for both sides. Unless they want to be drastic and have a no grouping tag put in when you turn it on added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance were getting stomped since xpac release until the buff, my my my I guess the tables have turned. Its almost as if warmode is cancer and the should have left pvp servers alone. It wasn't our fault people rolled on pvp servers and hated pvp.. now I never saw my fellow server mates guilds or anything just a jumbled unbalanced laggy piece of shit shard with randoms.

Blizzard REALLY hates server identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    Finally it took half of expansion for people to realize that wpvp is fucking pointless. Took quite long time to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)
    world pvp IS 1v40, what you are talking about are orgrimmar/ironforge duels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Great, you know that 30 = 30. So we had 100 horde and 60 alliance, you put 30 horde together with 30 alliance, so we still have 70 horde and 30 alliance left. How do you balance the remaining?
    I dont know how the system works exactly...maybe not everyone plays WoW at the same time...or maybe the system tries its best to balance as much as possible...or maybe one servers gets unbalanced and the rest are fine.

I dont know. But Blizzard said this:

"So much so that it’s safe to say that if you are Alliance, and you see Horde in the outdoor world in War Mode, you are a relatively even horde to alliance ratio shard"

I believe them.
    Why would they lie about a system?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-02-05 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    You’re not going to find much sympathy here. The Horde has been dominating Warmode since launch and all they ever said in response to Alliance complaints was “just turn it off then” or “git gud”. I always level my alts with WM on for the XP bonus and I can’t even tell you how many times my flightpath was being camped or when I was lower than 115 and i’d get mauled by a group of 120s who would then camp me. And that’s fine, I knew what I was signing up for, but don’t expect the Alliance to even have the slightest trace of sympathy now that you’re getting a taste of your own medicine :P
    Fun thing is that in my server/shard it wasn't even a problem. I thought people here are just trolling. We had seemingly 50/50 split of alliance/horde in warmode (on rush hours there was usually one location being marked as "unplayble" for factions, as in there was alliance raid and horde raid running rampant in this location murderating anyone). Now it's just alliance everywhere. I TPed back into zandalari capitol and first thing i see is hundreds of skeletons and orange names running around every single day (last two weeks at least)
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Velcome to the alliance world since day 1. The table have turned, there is no balance.
    Had WM on till day one of ally buff. Honestly when I quested there were more hordies than allies but the proportion has never been 30-1, at least not in my battlegroup.

This is simply insane. One thing is fighting a bit when doing wqs, one is being perma gibbed forever and ever.

I know that solution is turn it off and that’s what I did, but I feel it’s a missed chance by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Honestly, I think it's proving the ultimate in player entitlement these days.

• PVP and you get a 10% bonus to mitigate the hassle.
    • Don't PVP and you Don't get a 10% bonus.

Players: "But I don't want to PVP but should have the 10% anyway because it's unfair that I don't get it too. Why should i not get the 10% PVP reward just because I'm not PVPing? Now when I keep WM on for my 10%, it's unfair that people keep attacking me. I didn't agree to this! DAMMIT give me my bonus for nothing! This is unfair!"

If you don't like Warmode, there's literally a switch to turn it off. Just stfu and use it.
    Wouldn't it be much better simply not to give this 10% bonus? Only those who really interested in world pvp would use it, while others wouldn't feel pressure to use it while not wanting to