Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you deal with people like that?

Hey everyone, so yeah today topic is actually a question to everyone here about how to deal with certain type of people.

I usually call them by a nickname "Spoiler people".

Say you play a certain video game or watching a show, tv series or anime or a movie, reading book or whatever entertainment medium you use and do it because you enjoy it so much. Then there are those kind of people who spoil it for you by saying some major events that will happen later on in the story that you didn't want to know. I am not talking about the people who are doing it for the laugh and doing it on purpose to piss you off no. I am talking about the people who does it unintentionally and not out of malice. They just don't understand the concept of "Hey this is spoilers please don't spoil it for me I don't wanna know now".

They just don't understand and think it is fine because "Hey it is just a movie or game or a story whatever."

So yeah how do you deal with these kind of people? specially when they are close relatives or dear family members or someone really close.

1 Simple, avoid them.

2 If they're family and can't be avoided, just tell them think a little and generally don't bring up topics on which they can spoil.

3 If 2 and doesn't work. Try harder to avoid them lol.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    1 Simple, avoid them.

2 If they're family and can't be avoided, just tell them think a little and generally don't bring up topics on which they can spoil.

3 If 2 and doesn't work. Try harder to avoid them lol.

Yeah I tried to tell them about hey this is spoilers and stuff but as I said they just don't understand the concept of spoilers in the first place so it is tough to make them understand haha. But yeah I am trying my best to avoid talking about topics that I see they could spoil it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them straight up you don't want to discuss movies or games or books with them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

As soon as the topic comes up say "please don't spoil it". If they continue just say that you won't talk about x topic cause they always spoil it for you.

Avoid discussions with them until you've watched/played it.

When Avengers END GAME comes out iam avoiding the internet for a week cause i plan to see it after all the fucking whooping idiots have seen it so i can see it peace like i did with IW

Avoiding those type of people is the best way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morleyeugena View Post
    Avoiding those type of people is the best way
    That is easy if they are strangers or just friends, but it is super hard if they are family members and living at the same place as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, so yeah today topic is actually a question to everyone here about how to deal with certain type of people.

Say you play a certain video game or watching a show, tv series or anime or a movie, reading book or whatever entertainment medium you use and do it because you enjoy it so much. Then there are those kind of people who spoil it for you by saying some major events that will happen later on in the story that you didn't want to know. I am not talking about the people who are doing it for the laugh and doing it on purpose to piss you off no. I am talking about the people who does it unintentionally and not out of malice. They just don't understand the concept of "Hey this is spoilers please don't spoil it for me I don't wanna know now".

They just don't understand and think it is fine because "Hey it is just a movie or game or a story whatever."

So yeah how do you deal with these kind of people? specially when they are close relatives or dear family members or someone really close.
    Have you tried spoiling stuff for them? Find out something they enjoy and then google it and tell them all about it. See how they react. If they don't mind just continue doing so, at first they will probably just wave it off to not seem like a hypocrite but I am sure sooner or later he/she is gonna explode and tell you to stop spoiling. Then you have all the trump cards to confront them about this issue.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-02-05 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Avoid or prevently say them that you not allowed them to spoil anything

I remember years ago i cant watch a football match live in TV because smth (prob. job). I decided to watch it later and do not know the final score. I back to home i avioded all day radio information/internet/tv new etc. and ofc what happend? My mom said "ohh you really want to watch it ? They lose" imagine my face when i heard it... I was really pissed. And she explain her self like this "I didnt said you the score but just who lose you can still watch it" And than i just explode ><

Was watching a really important (to me) playoff game. My woman needs my help getting something at the store so I pause the game and we drive out together. No less than 3 times I hear random shoppers discussing the latest score updates.

Only 3 things you can do.
    Watch it / read it on time
    Avoid everyone including internet
    Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    When Avengers END GAME comes out iam avoiding the internet for a week cause i plan to see it after all the fucking whooping idiots have seen it so i can see it peace like i did with IW
    woudlnt it be just easier to go to cinema on opening night to not have to do it ?

crazy idea i know

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't talk about movie/series/books with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Yeah I tried to tell them about hey this is spoilers and stuff but as I said they just don't understand the concept of spoilers in the first place so it is tough to make them understand haha. But yeah I am trying my best to avoid talking about topics that I see they could spoil it for me.
    I've never understood that excuse. There's nothing really complicated about not wanting future events of a story revealed to you in advance. Even if it doesn't matter to them because "it's just a game"...the fact that you've told them it matters to you should be enough.

My advice is to find something that is trivial to you but bothers them in the same way spoilers bother you and do that. When they ask you to stop just say "hey, it's just whatever".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    woudlnt it be just easier to go to cinema on opening night to not have to do it ?

crazy idea i know
    It's not always as simple as that. The very first showing is often at midnight the day of release. Some people can't do that. Or they might have friends that they plan to go with and have to schedule around that. Or it's sold out in advance on opening night. There's plenty of reasons why not everyone can go see a movie on opening night.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-02-05 at 02:05 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Simple: when the topic of conversation moves onto whatever movie/book/show that you don't want spoiled, mention that you haven't seen/read past point X and either request that they avoid dropping spoilers or take the opportunity to bow out of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

crazy idea i know
    Have you seen the opening night audiences? Especially for a Marvel film? Just go and see the videos online where the audience is screaming and whooping like crazy!

Iam way to old to shit through that shit so i want to wait till they stop going like i usually do.

Some people like spoilers and these people probably assume you do too.

Just tell them not to spoil you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

There is only one way to deal with such people.

If it's out of stupidity, punch them hard in the face.
    If it's out of malice, punch them hard in the face, then smash they head against a wall, then kick them in the ribs.

I avoid them.