Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ill play zandalar by my own to lvl it up i dont need boost. Lvling is pretty enjoyable for casual former raider :P

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's not even about being greedy. Players WANT high elves. Why not do it, if it makes players happy, it's easy to do, and it makes money? That's a win/win.
    because they hate alliance lol it's really that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Awww salty are we FFXIV is still a 10x's better game than that shit you show in your avatar also it's cheaper at £6.89 a month with more quality content, I think you should take the advice of your own name and give everyone some peace.

He was still wrong with his inflated values.
    £7.49 for Entry and £8.99 for Full.

Also why start pointless game vs game shit?

Both games are good in their own right and both have their bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. I love coming to these forums every now and again just to see how creative people can be when they invent something to be mad about. First it was people complaining that flying ruined the world pvp experience, now it's no flying ruins my convenience, except it's also "this game is too much about queues and not about getting out in the world" despite flying immediately destroying any kind of "getting out in the world", first it was "we all want sub races why won't Blizzard let us have brown orcs" now it's "allied races are bad I didn't want to actually have to play the game to be a brown orc I just wanted to complain about it". Next it'll be "blizz fucking disgusting money grubbing not scaling every raid tier to my ilvl so i can raid whenever i want it was a feature on the box i should be handed it for free fuck activi$ion".

Please, long may it continue.

Oh, and the allied race system + heritage systems are both awesome and another form of progression in the game, which is excellent.
    What are you even talking about? I'm responsible for my posts. I'm not responsible for anyone else's posts. So don't generalize and lump every single poster together.

Secondly, remember back in TBC when you had to wait a year before you could play a blood elf? Oh right, back then they actually cared about making it a fun experience, not a tedious one.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's the other thing.

Look at the sate of KT and Zanda on the PTR. They've had an extra 6 months on top of the expansion development cycle and they're still unfinished as all fuck.
    It is almost an insult to the playerbase when they announce an allied race in a Blizzcon and they make it playable 1 year and a half later, almost an entire expansion cycle. All exclusively due to marketing reasons (or pure incompetence?), because we all know there is no lore reason behind its gating because there were races that required less lore effort to join the war campaign compared to the achievements Zandalar forever or Uniting Kul Tiras (yes, i am looking at you Nightborne, Highmountain and Lightforged who betrayed one of the factions that saved your a$$€$).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's not even about being greedy. Players WANT high elves. Why not do it, if it makes players happy, it's easy to do, and it makes money? That's a win/win.
    One year ago I would say they are saving it for a strategic timed release.

Today, after waiting 1.5 years for Zandalar Trolls to become playable and with all the misses that have occured in the past months, i start asking if they actually know what they are doing.

Allied races should have been character customisation options imo, though given how much money it has generated it's not surprising they feel its a strong feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it depends? In many cases it just doesn't make sense as customization because it is a character from a different region with a different story. I think the only case that makes more sense as customization was Lightforged Draenei and again, not really because they are not a different part of the story but moreso because they are just not different enough and completely usurp the normal Draenei thematically.
    Also because they are not born Lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Also because they are not born Lightforged.
    Lightforged is more of a "Zandalar and Kul Tirans aren't ready yet!!!!1111!!, says Blizzard designer at a meeting. "What can we do??", hails another. "Let's just take two models we already have orcs and dranei and just recolor them!!! Then take a couple of the other racials in play and reuse them!", suggests someone.

Hence we get brown orcs and grey dranei.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Of course they love the system. It means less work for them since they can reuse skeletons of existing races.

Realistically, why would they NOT love allied races? Lets look at it objectively:

Requires a bunch of MAU padding rep grinds to unlock, then....
    Requires you to either level up a new character from scratch, or....
    Requires you to pay for a race change.

No matter what happens Blizzard gets their money. Either via subscription and MAUs, or by straight cash injection. All for almost no investment of dev time since allied races are just reskins of existing races(barring Kul'Tirans which required some new work). It's basically free money for Acti-Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah because grinding Honor-bound rep in a different dimension during a war they have no interest in has heaps to do with Alternate Universe Brown Space Orcs. I'm so glad I earned their trust.

Just another quality SirBeef post.
    Likewise another drive-by shitpost form a guy who openly hates this game but has supported it for years until recently, but then continues to shitpost about it almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Ah yes, the Dreadwake package that they just made absolutely instantly and just in time for Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm sure that was just a coincidence and not something obviously pre-planned because — as everyone knows — they can just assemble these mounts in minutes, not with long planned out development cycles involving multiple teams across a larger business. Take off the tinfoil and you'll realize that the Dreadwake wasn't a response to dropping subs. Was it a greedy ass play to try to prevent Sub Drops or at least make them less impactful? Oh hell yes. Introducing Activision, a greedy corporation with no regard for the public (redundant statement of the year and it's only February) that deserves 0% of your faith.. ever.

As for why they aren't "More customization" options? Hm. Lets ask the Nightborne in Orgrimmar why they aren't a Customization option. Or the Zandalari Trolls why they aren't just a customization option for Trolls. Or Void Elves why not Blood Elves. It's almost like separating them out as races makes it easier for them to shuffle around those models to where ever they feel they'd be most interesting. Yes I really would be bothered if we never got Ogres as a full race with a proper capital (or similar) and multiple variations of mounts, especially since so far the Allied Race system has only existed to give us Pre-Existing Races (either in model or strictly race in the standout case of Kul Tirans)
    Lol, what a strawman
    I said they prepared the Dreadwake in a package with 6-months sub plan. It doesn't mean, they made the mount specifically for that ocassion. They have tons of mounts made, that wouldn't even make into the game. It's not the problem of a mount being given to people - the problem is that under the cover of a mount, they try to sell the empty subs. Part of the people that bought that mount certainly stopped playing. I have no data to support that claim obviously, but it's also ignorant to play the game and not see the vast emptiness.

When it comes to the Allied Races over customization - this is super far-fetched argument. They literally didn't make a new model for the first 4 ones. This is riddiculous how you try to fill the gap with the idea of "fitting the story" or whatever else. The whole concept of Blood Elves being Void Elves is so Metin2-alike it hurts my heart. You know, I am not here for the sake of complaining without the reason. I have a serious attachment to that game. I hate seeing it's lore, storytelling and mechanics being destroyed or flooded with some tricky, retarded ideas.
    Allied Races cannot withstand the weight of criticism in my opinion. Maybe I wouldn't believe it's a business thing, but seeing the Dreadwake action, 2 store mounts, "See You Later Bundle" to create an artificial demand in just 5 months time-span - it just cannot be ignored. Of course - Dreadwake is a Pirates Day mount, and the swine is a Chinese Year mount. And THAT'S why they aren't connected with any micro-holidays/ events/ quest-lines in-game, but sold for real money
    The scale of microtransactions and this corrupting business model are getting out of control. If people do not believe it, it's okay. I am not a conspiracy theorycrafter. You don't need to be one, to understand the basics of economy that creep into the WoW. But whenever people white-knight and insanely, unconditionally defend something, that should be criticized, it makes me sad. Kul'Tirans and Zandalari Trolls are definitely a new model (kinda), and using it as a race is absolutely okay. Juts like Pandas and Goblins have been used. But the rest? It's like making a story specifically to fit the race. Not sure if you watched "Fantastic Beasts 2". Rowling said on Twitter that she kept a secret for 20 years about one of the characters - if you watched, you would know what I am talking about. It's a straightforward bullshit. She just made up a story with keeping the secret for 20 years, because nobody can disprove it... what a cheap marketing The same happens in WoW now.
    And don't be fooled - "See You Later Bundle" will return

I like the allied race system. That said, I don't think we should have more races than playable classes per faction. Once we cross that line, I feel like it will be counter intuitive for the game.

For this specific expansion, I'd be okay with 13 per faction if we are infact getting a new class next expansion, but that's about as far as I'll go.

In general, I don't really feel like we need more than one 'alternate' allied race per core race. For instance, I don't think we need Wildhammer dwaves (I say this as a fan of them; instead, I think the Wildhammer voice option and tattoos should be added to normal dwarves), and I sure as hell don't think we need High Elves.

Coincidentally, excluding Pandaren, if we get one allied race for each of the core races, we'll have exactly 13 races. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Likewise another drive-by shitpost form a guy who openly hates this game but has supported it for years until recently, but then continues to shitpost about it almost daily.
    I'll add that I think arbitrary reputation restrictions are awful for this system, but at this point I'm certain that complaint is falling on deaf ears. Does anyone actually prefer reputation restrictions? Because I really doubt anyone does...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Allied races should have been character customisation options imo, though given how much money it has generated it's not surprising they feel its a strong feature.
    How much money has it generated?

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    *looks at the two eredar, dwarf, and human* races on the alliance, and the two troll and orc races on the horde.*
    uhh, do you bet? cause i got this game on Friday, and we play for money.

*worgen don't count as all players can be are werewolves, even though they are lore-wise a magically transformed human.

but yeah, don't expect anything from neobliz.
    diablo mobile used to be a joke, and it still is.
    Considering it took 10 years of alliance players asking for high elves to be playable and all they conceded was the void elves , which are a compromise to that request and their go-to response for high elves was basically to go play horde's blood elf , yeah I don't think it's likely they will give blood elf with different eye color to the alliance.

Your examples of similar races don't make a point , all those had strong ties to the alliance to begin with . LF draenei join alliance because normal draenei and Alleria/Turalyon .
    DI dwarves are subjects to Moira which is now a faction leader to the Ironforge dwarves and worgen are basically humans from another kingdom.
    They can't give out high elves because they are too similar to the blood elves , especially now that lore-wise are no longer heavily contaminated by the fel energy after the purification of the sunwell

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    That's why Mok'nathal should be added as allied race because they have the model already, like kultirans were added as half vrykuls with connection to them.

As for new model like i already said kultirans have all new animations, even new dance, that's why we get these races this late because they are still working on kultiran rig.
    And seeing that they created something from scratch they could also add ogres or something.. Maybe people in charge at blizzard just hate anything ogre, half ogre as playable.
    Yeah Didn't realize they have their own stuff. Wish they would've released first just as a bonus for having the xpac. I think that would quell a lot of players. Zandalari and Kultiran with their own animations and rigs like in the past expansions for new races. And then afterwards release the other allied races with the rep grind.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'll add that I think arbitrary reputation restrictions are awful for this system, but at this point I'm certain that complaint is falling on deaf ears. Does anyone actually prefer reputation restrictions? Because I really doubt anyone does...
    i would, if we still had multiple avenues of gaining rep. dailings, tabard dungeon grinds, just going out in the world and grinding specific mobs like in wod.

this shit of only getting rep from world quests is idiotic.

It would be nice if there were more avenues to earn reputation, but if you can wait and just do emissaries it's really a very small amount of actual effort to get all the reps to exalted. It's really only problematic if you're in a hurry and try to grind it.

My view;

I am currently working on the Suramar questline to unlock the Nightborne Allied race. I played Legion all 2 years and loved it, but I was in a Raid and M+ guild, and that's pretty much all we did. Once I DING'd 110 in legion, I never stepped foot in Suramar ever again. So I left Legion with only Honored Nightfallen rep, and like 2/11 Suramar chapters done. Now I am Revered and 5/11 Chapters in after playing it seriously this weekend. But hot dang, this is a frigging long as quest chain, Jesus, it must be damn near 200+ quests in total ? And I'm only like half way into it seems ? But it sure helps bringing a level 120 Blood DK i385 there to do this. But still is a long ass trek, not sure how long this will take? Also sucks that I never earned Flying in legion either, just never got around to it, as i was full-time Raiding, now I looked up the achievement, and I have 100% complete in everything for Pathfinder One and Two, to unlock flying, except I am only 55% with Good Suramaritan.

But back to Allied Races, it agree it's cool to have them, and making it extra special if it is long and difficult to unlock them, maybe some players won't put the time in, and that will make these Allied races even more special, like you really earned it and worked hard. Void Elf's were easy as pie to unlock, really no time needed, just get exalted with Argussen Reach or whatever, and that's pretty much it. But the Nightborne, wow, that's a whole different story, and way freaking longer and super time consuming.

But unlocking flying is fucking BS in old expansions. I don't like the Pathfinder crap, and having to wait until a .2 patch to get flying, but whatever, it's not the end of the world. But I do have a huge beef with still requiring Pathfinder for previous outdated expansions. Like me, I never got flying in Legion, and now I have to do all this long drawn out crap to unlock it. I think once a brand new expansion releases, the previous old expansion should just allow flying to be purchased, like it used to be. Like WoD expansion, that one too I never unlocked flying, but I'm supposed to go back to Dreanor and do all that old Pathfinder grind ? F that, not gonna happen. Why not allow a player to purchase flight for a 4 year old expansion ?

Yes, I would allow flying at the expansion's max level in each following X.1 patch. So patch 8.1 would allow every level 110+ character to fly in Broken Isles.

That would retain some advantage for Pathfinder, because it lets you fly there while leveling through the content, but not penalize people that are done with it.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-02-05 at 07:31 PM.