Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not genocide per say but actual War yes, and to not stop when they are down but to finish it, a la wipe out the Warsong till they flee or are no more none of this "Oh we won lets not reinforce and just go back home."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    That's kind of a silly question. I mean we are Alliance, if we liked genocide we would be playing Horde.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yes, those trolls who were only interested in flower arranging and poetry readings.
    Trolls mighy not be the most peaceful race on Azeroth but they have right to their own territory, independenace and respect that any civilized nation deserves.

This is why I cannot stand the h/belf breed. They just go for whatever they like they have zero regards for others, zero respect for agreements, commit tresspassing and sacrilage and then they act surprised why natives fucking hate them.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I for one do.

Yes, this may seem counterintuitive, considering I am a Horde player, but consider this from a storytelling perspective. The Alliance will stop feeling impotent and will enact actual retribution for the years of Horde aggression, while the Horde will actually fight for a decent cause - staying alive.

So I am all for the Alliance exterminating the orcs and the Forsaken, and their allies as well. Enough with this peace-loving bull, give me the final solution to the Horde question.
    Yeah I mean, that is what it actually comes down to. The horde has shown times and times again that their are warmongering conquerors that now have decided to fight Life itself. There is only one possible outcome of this turn of events that makes sense and that is either the total annihilation of either the horde or the alliance. Given that choice I am very pro alliance, so horde genocide is fine and necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    That's kind of a silly question. I mean we are Alliance, if we liked genocide we would be playing Horde.
    Except the Horde was not about genocide either, so it's fair to have both sides lose their way.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd love to have more lore on how Azshara interacted with the trolls back then. Something more than a few lines of text in the Chronicle. And mostly I'd love to know if they actually fought or if the trolls simply conceded knowing she'd wipe them if she wanted to.

Still on the High Elf issue, I think that was first and foremost a problem of communication. The High Elves desecrated troll land but by the lore there were no trolls there to tell them not to and the trolls did not make a first effort to explain that what they did was wrong; they just went and started killing. I am not blaming the trolls mind you, it's a reasonable response but it is also a response you make under the assumption that you are stronger and that you will win; the moment you decide on zero-sum realism you don't really have grounds to wonder why you'd be displaced if you lose.

Mind you it's the same in reverse in WC3 with the orcs and the Night elves. They did not tell the orcs to stop, they just starting killing them.
    Those elves were not some hobos that were sleeping in caves and feeding on magical muchrooms. These were the Highborne they HAD TO know about Azshara agreement because it was a big political policy between nelves and trolls to leave trolls alone so long as they stay within' their borders.

That is completely different issue to orcs that literally were alien to Kalimdor and didn't knew jack about it.

So if they saw trolls attacking them they should've get a hint that they're tresspassing and breaking the agreement. It's really that simple. And they were not immediately attacked.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=145288/...-of-quelthalas

^ You have even in detail described how elves purposely pushed into the heart of troll territories.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah I mean, that is what it actually comes down to. The horde has shown times and times again that their are warmongering conquerors that now have decided to fight Life itself. There is only one possible outcome of this turn of events that makes sense and that is either the total annihilation of either the horde or the alliance. Given that choice I am very pro alliance, so horde genocide is fine and necessary.
    Calling them warmongerors is arguable
    1)first war started by orcs.
    2)second war was just who attacked first as chronicles 2 stated if horde wouldn't attack alliance would attack them, but horde attacked first
    3)Third war well can't be blamed on either side.
    4)Kul'tiras attacking Horde as a member of alliance in founding of Durotar so alliance started it.
    5)Alliance troops killed a forsaken diplomat sent to stormwind before start of vanilla(chronicles 3), which is considered a declaration of war led to battle of southshore.
    6)Alliance attacking Alterac mountains in vanilla and trying to wipe out frostwolf which didn't take part in second war.
    7)Alliance declaring all out war after battle for undercity which only ended after SoO so that whole war is placed on the fault of the alliance.
    8)Alliance attacking Bilgewater cartel who were just escaping from Kezan and trying to sink their ships in middle of occean and same time trying imprison thrall who was helping the world.
    9)Forsakens attacking Gilneas before they joined alliance.
    10) Alliance tried to murder the warchief of the horde with huge amount of military power, because they suspected of horde betraying them in Stormheim, but still an act of war.
    11) Horde started the current war.

So we have all in all 11 points.
    4 Horde side 1 neutral and 6 alliance.

Which would make in recent memories alliance the warmonger as they are responsible for more conflicts which they started.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so wtf did they try to do to belfs - twice, forsaken since they did the horrible crime of dare to exist, goblins as soon they saw them, darkspear trolls as soon as they saw them ? are u drunk or did u miss wc3 story (and cata in case of goblins)
    alliance already did try
    None of those are genocides. Human troops forced the Darkspear to the fringes of their island, but it was the naga sea witch and her murloc minions that ultimately forced them off the island. Kael'thas' forces were (wrongly) charged with treason, but there's indication that there was ever some racial pogrom of Sin'dorei. The Alliance also didn't sink the Bilgewater Ship for being goblins, they sunk it because they didn't want any witnesses to their war with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Calling them warmongerors is arguable
    1)first war started by orcs.
    2)second war was just who attacked first as chronicles 2 stated if horde wouldn't attack alliance would attack them, but horde attacked first
    3)Third war well can't be blamed on either side.
    4)Kul'tiras attacking Horde as a member of alliance in founding of Durotar so alliance started it.
    5)Alliance troops killed a forsaken diplomat sent to stormwind before start of vanilla(chronicles 3), which is considered a declaration of war led to battle of southshore.
    6)Alliance attacking Alterac mountains in vanilla and trying to wipe out frostwolf which didn't take part in second war.
    7)Alliance declaring all out war after battle for undercity which only ended after SoO so that whole war is placed on the fault of the alliance.
    8)Alliance attacking Bilgewater cartel who were just escaping from Kezan and trying to sink their ships in middle of occean and same time trying imprison thrall who was helping the world.
    9)Forsakens attacking Gilneas before they joined alliance.
    10) Alliance tried to murder the warchief of the horde with huge amount of military power, because they suspected of horde betraying them in Stormheim, but still an act of war.
    11) Horde started the current war.

So we have all in all 11 points.
    4 Horde side 1 neutral and 6 alliance.

Which would make in recent memories alliance the warmonger as they are responsible for more conflicts which they started.
    Sure, if you leave out mist of the horde atrocities its clear you have to reach that point

Yes, bring it on. As a Forsaken fan boi, I say bring it on I am all about plague bombing the shit outta every alliance city and turning everyone to undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Sure, if you leave out mist of the horde atrocities its clear you have to reach that point
    Well mist war started at the battle of undercity, but wasn't that bad until mop as both side were busy fighting LK or Old gods forces until MoP.

They still had battle during wotlk-cata after wrath gate only thing which changed it was that war escalated in pandaria, but had being on for a long time at that point.

As such Horde warmongering means side either advocates heavily to start a war or keeps starting wars. Warmonger says nothing about actions in war.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2019-02-05 at 02:55 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I for one do.

Yes, this may seem counterintuitive, considering I am a Horde player, but consider this from a storytelling perspective. The Alliance will stop feeling impotent and will enact actual retribution for the years of Horde aggression, while the Horde will actually fight for a decent cause - staying alive.

So I am all for the Alliance exterminating the orcs and the Forsaken, and their allies as well. Enough with this peace-loving bull, give me the final solution to the Horde question.
    Orcs and undead, sure. They've had what, 4-5 good orcs out of all of them? 1 or 2 good Forsaken. Not really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Of course not. That'd be stooping down to the Horde level.
    What needs to be done is for the Horde to be dismantled, and either a new government should be made to keep the peace, with a leader chosen by the Horde races together, and with a constitution preventing genocide or atrocities. The Alliance would ensure this constitution can't just be palpatine'd by the next crappy leader elected. And no more "blood oath" crap that forces good people to follow dishonorable genocidal cunts.

The only blood oath they should take is to be honorable and to do what is right.
    How is it "stooping to the horde level" when both factions are guilty of genocidal tendencies (even though one faction is guilty of it far more often than the other but still consider themselves to be the good guys)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    If you liked genocide, you picked the right faction to play already. In fact, if you like genocide there is no wrong faction to play.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yes for everyone who supports that Garrosh 2.0, do away with it, Varian should have done it the first time around...
    Dispose of all the Forsaken of course! They are the plague.

For Teldrassil! We can start with baby steps like this

That wasn't half bad.

OT: No, not actual genocide sanctioned by the Alliance as that goes against them as a whole.

Now.....attempted genocide from one of their factions would be very interesting and bring much needed depth to the Alliance imo (though I admit there are better ways to do this).

Originally I'd have placed Greymane here. But since his revelation in Arathi regarding the Forsaken as a race I think Tyrande would be much better for this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah. Could honestly leave the Tauren, Blood Elves and even Trolls alone honestly. Orcs absolutely should have been killed rather than being put in camps and undead are fucking UNDEAD. The Scarlet Crusade were right to want them gone.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    That won't fix anything, we'll just have two generic evil factions instead of one.

That would never happen. If someone like Yrel or Garithos led the Alliance? Perhaps. But Golden Child would never even think of committing genocide.
    I'm disappointed, I thought you of all people would be the first to propose banishing all Horde to the void...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all for vengeance, but if we consider Sylvanas own words, even if they are hypocritical after her actions they still beat truth:

"Ours is a cycle of hatred"

As long there are aggression from any side, it will never stop, and they will forever keep fighting without ever overcoming the other side, soon enough Azeroth will be devastated by this War and both factions won't be able to survive.

Legion had the perfect opportunity to end this once and for all, with classes being more important than races.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    As long there are aggression from any side, it will never stop, and they will forever keep fighting without ever overcoming the other side, soon enough Azeroth will be devastated by this War and both factions won't be able to survive.
    If only there were consequences to 30+ years of more or less total war for the world shown in game, but somehow there is next to nothing.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    If only there were consequences to 30+ years of more or less total war for the world shown in game, but somehow there is next to nothing.
    Yeah, it's kinda shameful isn't it? Because realistically most of Azeroth natural resources would be depleted at this point.

I still think the whole Azerite thing should be because of this and not because of that huge sword thing.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Horde genocide hasn't been brought up as an option since the end of MoP, when Varian decided against it... and there's no chance Anduin would even consider genocide. So where is this even coming from?

Probably as a potential story point.

Nevertheless, as people have pointed out, the Alliance just forgiving the Horde for a third-time for attempted genocide won't do, while the Alliance going trying to go Third-Reich on the Horde would be out of character for all the leaders involded (except maybe Tyrande and Jaina).

If WoW was a realistic game, the Horde would just fracture and die after Sylvanas is removed from the throne. The Orcs have no say in their own government (their only potential leader currently in hiding), the same with the Darkspear, who have no leader, and the Baine will soon pay a visit to Sylvanas prision cells. Lor'Themar is the only leader of the core Horde nations that Sylvanas has not alienated.

But WoW is not realistic, so the Horde will endure. Now, what is the Alliance suppose to do?

I guess the only real alternative to genocide is to reform the Horde races, offer them education and bring them along to a more "Alliance" way of thinking or at least reform the Horde way of governance, so the Warchief dosent hold complete authority over the other leaders and authority to punish dissenting voices.