10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Did anyone here get any hands-on experience with Colossus? I really like the big Bulky look with shield, Big guns and massive Melee hits.

But i Fear that Ranger & Storm will just do far more damage.. and i don't want to shoot myself in the foot too much.

My question is "Did you feel like Colossus was doing a decent amount of damage? Or is he outclassed by the rest of the Javalins?"
    I played colossus and liked it a lot. The one thing it does not lack is damage, I would say the highest damage javelins are interceptor and colossus followed by storm and ranger. With the colossus you can both create and detonate your own combos pretty much constantly (with lightning coil + flamethrower) for massive damage, the ultimate ability also does the highest amount of aoe damage while the interceptor ultimate does the highest amount of single target damage.

The one thing to keep in mind with the colossus is that it's a very different playstyle compared to the ranger (and probably the storm). As a colossus you're not that useful at range, and ducking behind cover is useless as you're not regenerating any shields or health. You're also not a tank unlike what lots of people think. You can't just wade into battle and stand there taking all the hits, that'll kill you quickly.
    What you are is basically a brawler. Aim for the nearest enemy (or rather pack of enemies), use the shield and slam into them. The colossus components give you way more health and you basically need those to be effective. The health bar is your buffer while you're in the thick of action. You have a lot of explosive combo detonators and atleast the lightning coil can be used while using the shield so you can both block all attacks and detonate combos around you at the same time.
    Your guns are basically secondary and only really used if you need to hit a weakspot or something like that or if you're stuck at range for whatever reason, your abilities are your main attacks coupled with shield + melee when you need to knock something down

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Nah, I get it just fine, you just seem to enjoy walking so much you consider it gameplay.
    For some, exploring an open world IS game play. Which means walking is game play for these kinds of people, so long as there is a world for you to explore while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    For some, exploring an open world IS game play. Which means walking is game play for these kinds of people, so long as there is a world for you to explore while doing it.
    Which brings us around full circle to the original point. I said Witcher III was a good game but not great and he took offense to that and decided to call me out on it, because the only thing you can call Witcher is god's gift to gaming.

I never even said it was a bad game, there was nothing for him to get offended about, it just said it wasn't great.

So who else's favorite NPC is now Amal?

He's voiced by Jack McBrayer -
    This guy

Some of the dialog options opened up a pretty humorous result in the demo

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I played colossus and liked it a lot. The one thing it does not lack is damage, I would say the highest damage javelins are interceptor and colossus followed by storm and ranger. With the colossus you can both create and detonate your own combos pretty much constantly (with lightning coil + flamethrower) for massive damage, the ultimate ability also does the highest amount of aoe damage while the interceptor ultimate does the highest amount of single target damage.

The one thing to keep in mind with the colossus is that it's a very different playstyle compared to the ranger (and probably the storm). As a colossus you're not that useful at range, and ducking behind cover is useless as you're not regenerating any shields or health. You're also not a tank unlike what lots of people think. You can't just wade into battle and stand there taking all the hits, that'll kill you quickly.
    What you are is basically a brawler. Aim for the nearest enemy (or rather pack of enemies), use the shield and slam into them. The colossus components give you way more health and you basically need those to be effective. The health bar is your buffer while you're in the thick of action. You have a lot of explosive combo detonators and atleast the lightning coil can be used while using the shield so you can both block all attacks and detonate combos around you at the same time.
    Your guns are basically secondary and only really used if you need to hit a weakspot or something like that or if you're stuck at range for whatever reason, your abilities are your main attacks coupled with shield + melee when you need to knock something down
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

1) XB1X is Native 4K and PS4 Pro is 1800p.
    2) Base PS4 is 1080p and Base XB1 is 900p.
    3) Best Performance is on PS4 with a average of FPS and it gains a FPS boost if you play on 1080p and/or lower the system setting to 1080p if your on a 4K TV. Even the Base PS4 outperforms the XB1X.
    Interesting, though I'm obviously more interested in the launch build than the demo. They've already tweeted out consoles should be locked at 30 fps at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Interesting, though I'm obviously more interested in the launch build than the demo. They've already tweeted out consoles should be locked at 30 fps at launch.
    Stop motion

I would get sick playing at 30 fps when i'm used to 80+
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Here's another pretty interesting Masterwork -

Less interesting but still decent...

Really interesting -

PS Korea published this a bit early
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-06 at 02:21 AM.

I can't remember. Is legendary above masterwork or is it the other way around?

Legendary is better than MW in Anthem. The unique inscription is the same, but magnitude is higher as well as damage and other inscriptions.

https://www.dualshockers.com/anthem-...s-fiscal-year/

EA expects the game to sell 5-6 million copies by the end of March. If it only sells like 2, we probably know what happens. Future DLC will be canceled and game put on life support for "not meeting expections"

So always be cautious when buying these new "games as a service" they always like to promote and talk about future support for years and years and all the talk about "what's coming in the future".

I don't care about future, I care about how the game is at release, because you never know if the game goes on "life support mode" in like a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

EA expects the game to sell 5-6 million copies by the end of March. If it only sells like 2, we probably know what happens. Future DLC will be canceled and game put on life support for "not meeting expections"

So always be cautious when buying these new "games as a service" they always like to promote and talk about future support for years and years and all the talk about "what's coming in the future".

I don't care about future, I care about how the game is at release, because you never know if the game goes on "life support mode" in like a year
    This is the part i love it to see fail. They are all abauth numbers and money.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

They just announced that BFV was a failure. Gonna be interesting to see how far below Anthem's numbers wil be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They just announced that BFV was a failure. Gonna be interesting to see how far below Anthem's numbers wil be.
    It would be funny if Apex legends ends up with more players.

A new trailer came out and you can see that they lowered the percentage increases from difficulties. Hard in the trailer is down to 52% increase of damage and health, grandmaster 3, which was over 3000% is down to 950%.

When every single game you release fails to meet your expectations, the problem is probably your expectation. But gl getting EA to recognise that.

5 mil sold in the first month feels like a tall order for a new game with big questions around its end game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When every single game you release fails to meet your expectations, the problem is probably your expectation. But gl getting EA to recognise that.

5 mil sold in the first month feels like a tall order for a new game with big questions around its end game.
    AAA industry will never realize that. Atleast not before there is no AAA industry anymore.

5-6m in the first month and a half isn't too out there...

Battlefield V sold 7.3 million in its initial quarter.

If it reviews well, it'll hit that.

I mean BF5 has flopped so hard it's getting premium only MTX..... ouch. Cosmetic at least but still.

Have a feeling if Anthem flops/doesn't do well they will pull the same thing with it to try and recuperate any potential losses.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/01/b...nly-cosmetics/

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean BF5 has flopped so hard it's getting premium only MTX..... ouch. Cosmetic at least but still.

Have a feeling if Anthem flops/doesn't do well they will pull the same thing with it to try and recuperate any potential losses.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/01/b...nly-cosmetics/
    BFV had higher sales expectations... like over 10m.