Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    ...copypasted thread like this, since WotLK. "Game is dead", "Not even fun gameplay", "Zero subs omegalul", "Lore butchered" are staples since the second xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    The saddest thing is people still complaining about everything. Game is changeing because it must to be enjoyable for all those years. I cant imgaine to play one class for a 10-15 years in these same scheme. WoW actually is just friendly for everyone.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-02-06 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?
    the amount of people who hate the game and yet continue to play and spam forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    When you have spent 15 years hearing from a community that thrives on some kind of insane toxic Stockholm syndrome, it's impossible to separate negative feedback from autistic screaming of people who don't want anything new and hate every change, but will turn around and lionize it was "the best ever" during the next expac.

Just look at all of the "Warlords/Cata/Pandas wasn't so bad" posts, and then compare to the flood of brainless vitriol that was shouted by forum goons while those expacs were current.

BfA is fine. There's been some missteps, but one of them wasn't a selfie patch.
    The people "listening" now are not the same people who created the game with the same passion. Sorry to burst your white knight bubble, but the current dev team just doesn't have the same passion the creators had and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the amount of people who hate the game and yet continue to play and spam forums.
    You dont need to subscribe to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?
    the saddest thing are whiners on forums who dont realise that those are smashing succes and just because 50 people on forums cant stop whining it doesnt mean game is in bad state

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Yeah yeah we know. Being critical is "hating" we get it.

OP has some good points. Their clarity on this expansion has been cloudy as hell at times and it does feel like the systems put in place focus more on time than enjoyment.

And quite frankly it's weird seeing a dev team that doesn't know about the past of their own game. Looking at the recent interviews with some devs is bloody disheartening. Nothing of value gets answered and anything that people want answered gets a vague one.

Prime example is this.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Festival-2019

The team can probably do more towards having more guaranteed progression through currencies for Raid and Dungeon content. Conquest provides this gear track on the PvP side.

Did Ion just forget we had a system like that since TBC or something for example before they decided to remove it with no real explanation?

Or this gem where he tries to play the victim card and paint the critique as the bad guys?

The internet is a place that has become a bit more polarized, and it's become more about getting anger out there and less about finding common ground.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-06 at 02:20 PM.

I was going to say the story. This might just be the first time in WoW's history where its protagonists are hated evenly by sects of the player base. I know Thrall got hate in Cataclysm, but nothing like what Anduin/Sylvanas/Saurfang/Baine are getting. Not a single "hero" this expansion has been written well, and when your entire player base can't get behind a single character like Varian, Garrosh, Khadgar, Thrall, or Illidan, then you know you fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    For me the saddest thing in bfa are all the forum warriors that think they know whats wrong with wow instead of accepting that the constant change of wow has changed it far enough from their vision that they don´t like it anymore but rather bash it then say goodbye.

I still enjoy wow for what it is and accept, that it needs change every expansion so that it doesn´t become stale due to no changes.
    This is the exact reason WHY WoW has become worse and worse since Cata and MoP.
    Yes add new features and maybe tweak a few things here and there from the previous expansion but Blizzard has butchered everything from class/spec design to itemization almost every single time in the last 3-4 expansions.

Examples...
    - MoP classes were all interesting and had tons of flavor and tools that were useful in different situations, some number imbalance and DoT-snapshotting was unreasonable but that was a easy fix. What did Blizzard do in Warlords? Oh yeah! Remove 3-6 abilities from each spec, killing utility and interesting mechanics... This continued for Legion and BfA where classes now have 3-4 buttons in their rotation. Maybe 5 in some cases...
    - Let’s talk about gear/itemization... Didn’t you love that time you finally got your best item or completed a set bonus? Now you get puked on with gear that is marginally, if at all, better than the item you obtained 30 minutes ago!

The dev team has tried to make a new game with every expansion, that’s their fuck up! We loved previous expansions because they were good and the devs in their brilliance took it away when trying to redesign things.
    What’s the saying? "If it’s not broken, don’t fix it?"
    Blizzard had this amazing bike (Vanilla), then they added lights and a better seat (TBC), then they added a basket/carrying rack (WotLK), then they added a bell/horn and a kick stand (Cata), then they gave you a helmet to wear (Mop), then they added a new color paint but made the brakes always on unless you squeezed (WoD), then they added electric enigine but made the bike 200kg heavy (Legion) and then finally they added a GPS screen but made the wheels square (BfA).

New isn’t good if it compromises the exsisting good parts!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    I agree with several other posters here - The saddest thing about BFA is the toxic attitudes of players who would rather criticize, whine, moan and be obnoxious rather than play the game or, if necessary, provide constructive criticism, which includes reasonable and workable suggestions for alternatives.
    Whats even sadder are fanboys harrassing those making complaints and not busy playing the game they so love and defend.

The saddest thing about bfa is...
    1) The way they have butchered classes and specs, the way they are just shadow of they used to be. All this so that someones grandma 75yrs old can also play at the top end.

2) The way that the rewards are being handed out, it's just based on around luck, if you get lucky with the Lottery you will get an item, if you are like me, you used a 340 stick for the entire 1st (not) tier.

3) The way that they have sharded and phased the whole of outside world, you are lucky if you run into the same person twice thanks to shards.

4) The way that they've removed tier-gear from raids, the way Azerite works, the pointless treadmill of running around pointless neck levels.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Class design being so good for some specs and so bad for others is the biggest issue. If it was universally shit, I think that would have ultimately been better rather than some being beautifully made and others absolute trash.

I like islands and tolerate warfronts. Azerite gear is bullshit. The fact that it took til this patch for Ret to have really good PVE traits only for them to be nerfed into oblivion because, surprise surprise, everyone stacks the only good ones, making them now both bland and ineffective. It goes again to Blizzard's design philosophy being there is a choice between things if they are all awful being superior to one being good and everything else sucking.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    People unable to get over their ex-girlfriend and come here and shit on a game they do not play.

I still think the saddest thing is re-earning azerite traits. I HATE having to re-earn benefits over and over again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    People unable to get over their ex-girlfriend and come here and shit on a game they do not play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Whats even sadder are fanboys harrassing those making complaints and not busy playing the game they so love and defend.
    Fits you like a glove. Shouldn't you be playing the game that you clearly love so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    You cannot shit on it when you are playing it, you cannot shit on it when you are not playing it... when can people freely shit on it exactly?

I'll just never understand how we went from the abundance of things to do, new dungeons and raids to BfA. Within months of release we had a massive dungeon out and a three boss raid, an entire zone dedicated to one specific storyline on top of two new systems - M+ and WQs.

Did they resources get cut by 25%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You cannot shit on it when you are playing it, you cannot shit on it when you are not playing it... when can people freely shit on it exactly?
    See, that's where you're wrong. With the GCD and new, improved braindead rotations & dismal class design, you can easily shit on WoW while playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Topkek. WoW apologetics debunked with facts and logic.

Saddest thing is the class design though. Remember when they nerfed Demo locks back in WoD because they didn't want the most complicated warlock spec to be the best warlock spec? Turns out they found an even better way to deal with this problem: just turn every spec into a game of whac-a-mole.

The only saddest thing is coming from blizzard's lying to us about features are so great, IE, global cooldown crap, timegating shit, other so much on lists and they expect us to pretend to enjoy this? Cuz I'm pretty sure their playerbase were dropping so many anchors right now. I mean holy fuck, look at OSRS has more playerbase than BFA. BFa is just nothing but a laughstock.