Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Nothing is wrong with me, and I happen to like my account I guess but it's not about me, it's about how this is a pointless thread.
    Then just ignore it and go about your day. No reason to shit all over the guy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So why come in and make a comment like that? Like, wtf is wrong with you, seriously? The guy is grieving and probably looking for reassurance from others. If you didn’t like the thread and thought it was pointless, report it to the mods and keep your nasty comments to yourself.

I don’t know if you’re truly this uncompassionate, or if you’re just trying to be a dick to get a rise out of others, but it’s quite horrible of you, and you should be ashamed of your behavior here. Just fuck off out of this thread. Do that at least.
    Good point, will report.

Well it's clear what your opinion is. At least I don't go around calling people 'horrible' or 'nasty' because I share a difference in opinion with them. In my opinion, that's the true horror here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Then just ignore it and go about your day. No reason to shit all over the guy.
    I didn't, I was letting the person know important details related to the topic and probing for more information.

My condolences.

It's going to be hard, but try to celebrate the long and rich life that she had. Remember her during happy times.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Maybe they just need someone to talk to and have no where else to turn. Ever thought about that, asshole?
    Pointing that out doesn't make him an asshole (he didn't even speak in even a slightly offensive manner). Calling other people assholes and painting them as heartless monsters for not leaving a disingenuous "sorry" like a mindless bot on the other hand, is pretty ridiculous. It seems to me like you and a lot of other people here are trying to take some moral high ground or use this guy's thread for karma points to feed your egos. The fact that you're all participating in an internet argument which devolves into a name-calling competition though, undermines any attempt to seem genuine, empathetic, or actually supportive.

Threads like this always invite flame wars and meaningless arguments. Though, I guess by posting this, i've inadvertently contributed as well. Oh well, i smell a thread close sooner or later. Sue me, I guess.

Anyway, I always try to make an on-topic comment, no matter the topic:

Death is such a hard thing, and while a lot of people say it's best to celebrate one's life, I disagree in a sense. I think it's better to feel sad, and give time to mourn and actually address these thoughts and feelings. Once someone passes, they're gone and you don't get to see them anymore, and it's awful, but that's what it is. By focusing on life, sometimes people tend to suppress or ignore the gravity of it all, which tends to make it harder. At least, that's been my personal experience. Acceptance is a healthy part of passing, and important for more than just the one about to leave. Ignoring death only makes it scarier.

If she was 101 years old (which is an INSANE milestone to reach! Wow), then she had lived through the tumultuous journey of life, all it's ups and downs. I don't know her, but she probably experienced almost everything life had to offer. Getting to live that long and die at an old age is probably one of the most natural ways to go, and more than many of us could ever hope for. It's also more than many of us ever get.

I have heard and read that many people get to live that long not just from a healthy body, but a healthy mind. I think there was a short documentary about an island where a large portion of it's inhabitants were 60-100+ because they were all genuinely happy and stress-free people. They had a different state of mind, not weighed down by obligations or the modern daily life. Happiness and lack of stress in life makes one very old, while always feeling young. She probably was an awesome grandma.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-02-07 at 01:06 AM.

Someone needed to address your shitty fucking behavior here. It’s disgusting.
    Your behavior is the shitty one, imo. Instead of instantly cursing at people you disagree with, maybe take a moment of introspection and reflect.

This thread.
    Just for the record, I also want my funeral thread to become a shitposting flamewar when my time comes. I mean it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

The irony here. It’s amazing.
    I don't see how there's any irony when you're the one swearing at people you disagree with. I'm trying to explain to you in a civil manner how your behavior should be corrected, while you've made it 1 post out of what, 4 without swearing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feeling of losing a relative. I feel like that time is coming again for my grandparents.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry for your loss.

Its nice though you got to know your great grandma, not everyone gets a chance to know the 4th generation before.

just remember the good memories, and the things she taught you.

I don't see how there's any irony when you're the one swearing at people you disagree with. I'm trying to explain to you in a civil manner how your behavior should be corrected, while you've made it 1 post out of what, 4 without swearing?
    Swearing isn't really bad behaviour, acting like a cunt to someone who has lost a relative is. Don't come here with your faux outrage. Go show your post to your mom if you're so convinced you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    This is a forum for MMO-games, you are aware of that, no?
    These are the forum rules
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...**-PLEASE-READ

You may notice that one of the things that is against the rules, are posts like this one you just made.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Topics
    Posts that contribute nothing ("what does this have to do with WoW" etc)
    /s

Sorry for your loss OP.

So sorry to hear that

In 2017 my Stepmothers grandmother died on July 4th at age 103 and then my stepmom died of cancer 3 days later on the 7th of July.

She outlived both of her sons and her granddaughter my stepmom died 3 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Pointing that out doesn't make him an asshole (he didn't even speak in even a slightly offensive manner). Calling other people assholes and painting them as heartless monsters for not leaving a disingenuous "sorry" like a mindless bot on the other hand, is pretty ridiculous. It seems to me like you and a lot of other people here are trying to take some moral high ground or use this guy's thread for karma points to feed your egos. The fact that you're all participating in an internet argument which devolves into a name-calling competition though, undermines any attempt to seem genuine, empathetic, or actually supportive.

Threads like this always invite flame wars and meaningless arguments. Though, I guess by posting this, i've inadvertently contributed as well. Oh well, i smell a thread close sooner or later. Sue me, I guess.

Anyway, I always try to make an on-topic comment, no matter the topic:

Death is such a hard thing, and while a lot of people say it's best to celebrate one's life, I disagree in a sense. I think it's better to feel sad, and give time to mourn and actually address these thoughts and feelings. Once someone passes, they're gone and you don't get to see them anymore, and it's awful, but that's what it is. By focusing on life, sometimes people tend to suppress or ignore the gravity of it all, which tends to make it harder. At least, that's been my personal experience. Acceptance is a healthy part of passing, and important for more than just the one about to leave. Ignoring death only makes it scarier.

If she was 101 years old (which is an INSANE milestone to reach! Wow), then she had lived through the tumultuous journey of life, all it's ups and downs. I don't know her, but she probably experienced almost everything life had to offer. Getting to live that long and die at an old age is probably one of the most natural ways to go, and more than many of us could ever hope for. It's also more than many of us ever get.

I have heard and read that many people get to live that long not just from a healthy body, but a healthy mind. I think there was a short documentary about an island where a large portion of it's inhabitants were 60-100+ because they were all genuinely happy and stress-free people. They had a different state of mind, not weighed down by obligations or the modern daily life. Happiness and lack of stress in life makes one very old, while always feeling young. She probably was an awesome grandma.
    Adding to a thread something that’s clearly negative and a comment that’s trying to belittle him is being an asshole - that’s facts. I don’t need any “karma points” or my ego fed, as by you saying that just shows you to be doing exactly what you’re saying by taking the moral high ground. It’s clear what this thread is about, and making snide remarks about what the primary genre this site is aimed towards is just shit stirring and that’s facts. Threads like these don’t invite anything, as ones own self is responsible for ones own behaviour - thus making comments like that guy did clearly will cause a ruckus and thus it starts unwanted comments. At the end of the day, if you have nothing nice to say then it’s not worth saying - just don’t moan or get offended when people call you out for making shitty comments in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Swearing isn't really bad behaviour, acting like a cunt to someone who has lost a relative is. Don't come here with your faux outrage. Go show your post to your mom if you're so convinced you're right.
    She's not acting 'like a cunt' to the OP, but to me instead. That's my point. I would never insult someone as you are (or she is for that matter) over such a trivial disagreement, though.

She's not acting 'like a cunt' to the OP, but to me instead. That's my point. I would never insult someone as you are (or she is for that matter) over such a trivial disagreement, though.
    I know its to you. It's completely deserved. Walk away if you think a thread like this is pointless. You're completely tone deaf.

Edit, and since you're hard of reading, you're the one displaying cuntish behaviour, that fact seems to somehow eluded you.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: guy laments his grandmother

One guy says his opinion on the post

3 pages ensue arguing about whether or not he's an asshole

Keep it classy, MMO-C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I know its to you. It's completely deserved. Walk away if you think a thread like this is pointless. You're completely tone deaf.

Edit, and since you're hard of reading, you're the one displaying cuntish behaviour, that fact seems to somehow eluded you.
    I haven't done anything wrong this entire thread. I've been attacked from multiple people over a disagreement and I've been polite in my responses but see nothing but undue anger in kind. You certainly have a warped view of reality if you think that is OK by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    This is a forum for MMO-games, you are aware of that, no?
    Rofl what the hell have you looked at the off topic section for this place?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people never even meet their great grandmother