Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    You will not lose in the slightest if what we want happens just like the other bajillion stuff that happened in wow that people hate.
    The time and resources to increase the cap could be better spent elsewhere. It is much more involved then changing a 50 to 100, 200, or 516. The client might not even be able to handle that many characters which needs to be changed. A better character selection screen would need to be created to search through a ton of characters etc, etc. The cost doesn't seem to out weigh the benefits. Great. So a few hoarders can hoard even more characters. What does that benefit majority of the players?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Plays all his characters, such things as mount runs, mog runs, and so on.
    That's ez, I was doing kara, ulduar, TotFW, Ony, DS, and ICC every week on 13 characters and it took no time at all. WoD came and I was running 30 L3 garrisons doing TH missions and work orders on them all.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    and that means what exactly? You say other MMOs like that means anything now seeing how most have gone F2P and would love people to actually care enough to have that many toons!.
    Free to play games care about earning money to keep going. They don't want people to take up server space with trophies that they do not actively play and thus won't spend money on. They would however likely be happy to sell you as many character slots as you could want. So F2p games don't really mean anything. Blizzard is already being generous.

Would you be singing the same tune for more slots if Blizzard charged $30 per slot?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    No offense. But anyone that has 50 max level toons seriously needs to re-evaluate their life.
    So how they live their life is unacceptable to you? The horror.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The time and resources to increase the cap could be better spent elsewhere. It is much more involved then changing a 50 to 100, 200, or 516. The client might not even be able to handle that many characters which needs to be changed. A better character selection screen would need to be created to search through a ton of characters etc, etc. The cost doesn't seem to out weigh the benefits. Great. So a few hoarders can hoard even more characters. What does that benefit majority of the players?
    They are already working on changing the realm cap to 50, how many players does that benefit?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Tried it and made tons of threads but each time the thread just gets buried and nothing ever comes from it.

Which is why i always ask this question at Q&A and never get a response.
    This is where we are right now https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...limit/85344/11 come join us
    My Collection

Please stop with that crap.. seriously please stop

You dont know that for a second and we both know the time it would take to up the limit is the time it took for them to up the server limit on toons like each time they came out with a new allied race they upped the server limit.

Please i know you want the last word on this so you can have your dopamine fix but please you have not convinced anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    I have 23 120's rest at 110...I am lucky enough to play at work all day long but still would like more than 50...my solution was just buying a 2nd account and linking them, it's allied races only
    This will be my solution as well until my screaming and shouting gets the cap raised, then I'll transfer them to my main account.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This is where we are right now https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...limit/85344/11 come join us
    I really do wanna link the threads i have made but i dont want people to know who my toons are here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Define actively, on timewalking I play all 40+ of my alts, since that's the only thing I take time to do while leveling.
    6+ hours every couple of weeks is not actively playing 40+ characters. (That assumes 10 mins per timewalking. It can change based on queue's, fights, etc).

I hate saying this because I'm not a dev so I don't know, but how difficult is it to change that 50 to another number?
    Everything has a cost. Can their account structure handle more? Can the game client handle that many? Are their enough servers to even accommodate it? Can one server handle that? They said they have to look into 50 characters on one server. If it was as simple as changing 18 to 50 then why wouldn't they do it? As someone brought up earlier look at how long it took them to increase the default bag size.

They need to be careful when messing around with the code for items and characters because one mistake can cause a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Increasing the cap isn't the answer, because you'll just ask for more later. Increased to 75? You'll just ask for 100. Blizzard doesn't not have unlimited space for characters that you aren't playing.
    I play all my characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't even understand how people can have that many. I wouldn't be able to level two characters of the same class.
    Then you don't enjoy leveling and the classes, it's cool it's not for everyone.
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    They are already working on changing the realm cap to 50, how many players does that benefit?
    It benefits a lot more than 50+. You currently can not have one of each race on the same server. You have to realize that hoarders are the outlier and not the normal. If it was easy to do then they should certainly weight the costs and benefits. However it shouldn't be expected that Blizzard caters to that type of game play just because you choose to do it.

It is their game. Shouldn't you be playing with in their rules rather then try to bend the rules to how you want to play?

6+ hours every couple of weeks is not actively playing 40+ characters. (That assumes 10 mins per timewalking. It can change based on queue's, fights, etc).

Everything has a cost. Can their account structure handle more? Can the game client handle that many? Are their enough servers to even accommodate it? Can one server handle that? They said they have to look into 50 characters on one server. If it was as simple as changing 18 to 50 then why wouldn't they do it? As someone brought up earlier look at how long it took them to increase the default bag size.

They need to be careful when messing around with the code for items and characters because one mistake can cause a lot of problems.
    Have you heard about free trial accounts?

You know those server space wasters that prolly goes into the millions but blizz wont do a thing about?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right...Guess they have reasons (likely: extra money from those who want more than 50 toons...) - so GL trying it this way on MMO-C
    Cool, how about this then. I'll pay $30 a month for an account with 100 character limit. And I'll pay $140 for xpacs idgaf.

Gets even more puzzling with people here claiming they are close to hitting that limit..and also in other threads claiming they regularly quit and hate everything in the game
    Welp, not talking about me that's for sure :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's no assuming at all. The problem isn't your personal playtime. The problem is that there literally isn't enough time to do all that stuff on 50 chars.

Especially if you are a human, and therefore have to spend several hours each day on non-WoW activities. Like sleep.
    Mount + xmog runs ? I assure you it's possible.
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    It benefits a lot more than 50+. You currently can not have one of each race on the same server. You have to realize that hoarders are the outlier and not the normal. If it was easy to do then they should certainly weight the costs and benefits. However it shouldn't be expected that Blizzard caters to that type of game play just because you choose to do it.

It is their game. Shouldn't you be playing with in their rules rather then try to bend the rules to how you want to play?
    No one is saying people at or near cap are the norm. But there was once a time where there were only 10 slots and people asked for more on each realm and they were met with floods of "no one needs more than 10 on a realm, 10 is more than enough." Blizz has since upped the amount available on each realm many times over for each new race or class they add. Times change. There's no reason to say this is something that never will be or never should be changed.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's enough slots to make two of every race both basic and Allied and still have some left over. We're fine.

Also, you can delete characters. Actively playing 50 characters is pretty much impossible.
    Challenge accepted

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    50 is enough for every race in the game x3 right now.
    if we get alot more sure. but one step at a time, we are already getting the server limit raised to 50.
    No this is lacking foresight, Blizz is going to keep adding classes and keep adding allied races. Fix the problem before it becomes a problem.
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    You dont know that for a second and we both know the time it would take to up the limit is the time it took for them to up the server limit on toons like each time they came out with a new allied race they upped the server limit.
    Prove it. If what I am saying is crap then prove it. Messing around with characters and accounts can cause a whole lot of problems if they screw it up. It took them years to increase the default bag size because of the client. It took a client/server patch to increase the size limit. You had to restart WoW in order to see the increased limit in Legion. You can ignore all you want but if you actually want to make a compelling argument you have to look at everything and not just say "its crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Tell me when you are able to consistently play all 50 of these characters you have.
    *looks at clock*......now
    My Collection

I believe Blizzard's official response to this was "Show us someone who regularly plays all 50 characters their account allows and we'll increase the cap."