Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Why in the hell would you need to unlock the heritage armor for a race if you don't plan on actually playing that race? Heritage armor is locked to only that race. If you don't plan on making a character of that race to play permanently, why the need to unlock the armor? And as others have pointed out, there is plenty of slots right now to make the 21 races that are in the game & that will come out in the next few weeks. TWENTY ONE RACES. FIFTY SLOTS. Do the math....
    Once the Alt is leveled, it becomes part of the family
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    Have you heard about free trial accounts?You know those server space wasters that prolly goes into the millions but blizz wont do a thing about?
    So then you solved your issue right because you have free trial accounts? Oh wait completely different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    No one is saying people at or near cap are the norm. But there was once a time where there were only 10 slots and people asked for more on each realm and they were met with floods of "no one needs more than 10 on a realm, 10 is more than enough." Blizz has since upped the amount available on each realm many times over for each new race or class they add. Times change. There's no reason to say this is something that never will be or never should be changed.
    It hasn't been increased many times over. If they have done it many times over for each new class and race then you wouldn't have a limiting per server cap?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I fail to see how deleting a character is an ideal solution, suggesting it is silly. The limit should be raised.
    I fail to see why you need to keep 50 toons. The limit is fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Prove it. If what I am saying is crap then prove it. Messing around with characters and accounts can cause a whole lot of problems if they screw it up. It took them years to increase the default bag size because of the client. It took a client/server patch to increase the size limit. You had to restart WoW in order to see the increased limit in Legion. You can ignore all you want but if you actually want to make a compelling argument you have to look at everything and not just say "its crap".
    Well lets just say its more than a few people who want the cap raised on the 50 char cap.

I mean not discounting all the spam bots, the chinese farmers, those who play and never came back and blizz wont delete, erm what else all the toons you had and deleted and blizz still keeps cause you know blizz now no longer deletes characters.. or did you not know that?

Did you not know Blizz no longer permanently deletes any character even the level 1 you ERP in Moonguard! I bet you didnt know that but hey we was talking about server space and how a few people want the cap raised and how it will break wow and all the old gods will come down and spite everyone... yada yada yada ya!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You don't need 3 characters to play 3 specs. You can even assign gear sets to specs so you don't have to switch manually. It doesn't add up half as fast as you think unless you deliberately bloat up your char pool.
    I level as the spec I play on the character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huntsyn, he's my BM hunter, leveled as BM still BM
    Jayesh, he's my marks hunter, leveled as Marks still marks
    RMO, he's my survival hunter, leveled as survival still survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're deliberately being inefficient. That's not a good reason to raise the cap.
    How is wanting warriors of a specific spec race combo being inefficient? Is there an efficient way to do that?

Changing it will increase database load and drain resources from other endeavours. It affects all players, even if they don't benefit from it. Since it hardly benefits anybody, it's a net loss for most.
    If the servers were fine with 12 million players they'll be fine with whatever we have now but a larger character cap
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you not know Blizz no longer permanently deletes any character even the level 1 you ERP in Moonguard! I bet you didnt know that but hey we was talking about server space and how a few people want the cap raised and how it will break wow and all the old gods will come down and spite everyone... yada yada yada ya!
    Perfect you solved your problem. Delete a toon and recover it when you want to play it again. I know a lot more then you think and understand a lot more about game design and true costs of things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    It hasn't been increased many times over. If they have done it many times over for each new class and race then you wouldn't have a limiting per server cap?
    Have you been paying attention? They upped it for monks, demon hunters, and every allied race. It was 10 in Wrath when I started, and is currently 18. If they don't unlock all 50 in 8.1.5 it will still be going up to 20.

Unless you mean they haven't doubled it each time, in which case that is not what I meant and I worded my post incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect you solved your problem. Delete a toon and recover it when you want to play it again. I know a lot more then you think and understand a lot more about game design and true costs of things.
    That could almost be a valid solution if you weren't locked to undeleting once every two weeks.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you been paying attention? They upped it for monks, demon hunters, and every allied race. It was 10 in Wrath when I started, and is currently 18. If they don't unlock all 50 in 8.1.5 it will still be going up to 20.

Unless you mean they haven't doubled it each time, in which case that is not what I meant and I worded my post incorrectly.
    So four times is many times over? You were using hyperbole in order to make your words seem grander.

Allowing more characters per account means more space needed on WoW servers which means an increase in THEIR cost with no way of recouping THEIR cost.
    Highly doubtful since wow was at 12m players at one point. I'm sure the servers can handle a character cap increase, it's silly to think otherwise. Also I'd happily pay more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ show me where to point my Visa as long as it's the same account.
    My Collection

So i should take time and effort and mogging out a toon just so i can delete it?

WOW what a game design!

If you really do understand game design and the cost of things (which i doubt) then i think you need another vocation cause clearly you dont listen to your customers and we are customers.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2019-02-07 at 05:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    and that means what exactly? You say other MMOs like that means anything now seeing how most have gone F2P and would love people to actually care enough to have that many toons!.

C'mon give it a rest why dont you can you clearly not see you are in the wrong on this?
    FF14 has limits on how many characters you can have account wide (again I'll give you a hint, it doesn't involve using fingers AND toes just one or the other) and isn't F2P. It is just like WoW in the sense that you have to buy the base game, expansions, and pay a monthly fee.

15+ Year Old Account
    That could almost be a valid solution if you weren't locked to undeleting once every two weeks.
    So you mean to tell me if you had 100 characters you would be actively playing them all that restoring once every two weeks would be an issue with a 50 character cap?

- - - Updated - - -

So i should take time and effort and mogging out a toon just so i can delete it? WOW what a game design!
    Well you are already taking the time and effort to transmogrify a character for it to sit on the character selection screen. And don't act like it is a huge burden. Appearences are account wide and can be saved in game for easy application of the outfit. So much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    if you do, you're probably insane enough to get a second account and dual box at that point.
    That'd be me!

I'm still leveling alts and there's an 80 in there for Herald and a 110 twink but I don't do level 1's.
    My Collection

FF14 has limits on how many characters you can have account wide (again I'll give you a hint, it doesn't involve using fingers AND toes just one or the other) and isn't F2P. It is just like WoW in the sense that you have to buy the base game, expansions, and pay a monthly fee.
    But that isnt WOW and its not been around for as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Or, you know, turbo casuals and alters could delete their characters
    Nah, delete your gear you worked for
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying people at or near cap are the norm. But there was once a time where there were only 10 slots and people asked for more on each realm and they were met with floods of "no one needs more than 10 on a realm, 10 is more than enough." Blizz has since upped the amount available on each realm many times over for each new race or class they add. Times change. There's no reason to say this is something that never will be or never should be changed.
    They have raised the per server limit with the addition of monk and demon hunters. TWICE. They haven't added more because of added class/race combos. They have never raised the limit to the account. They increased the limit to the server because they are giving people the option of having 1 of each class on that server instead of having to decide what class they don't want to have on their primary server. The bulk of the WoW population plays 1 main server where all of their main characters are at and then they might have alt servers with alts they play.

There are 19 races in the game right now. 19x3 is 57. That number moves up to 22 with Kul'tirans and Zandalari. There is enough slots in the game to have two of each race (including 1 horde and 1 alliance pandaren). Two is still enough however.

- - - Updated - - -

You would have 43 characters. Then if as you say you need one of each class as well. The math indicates a problem. That problem is hoarding. Blizzard doesn't need to add slots so a person can collect trophies of each class, gender, and race combination. That would be a lot of extra storage for very little pay off. If you have the big of a compulsion to collect trophies like that then just buy another account. It will actually be beneficial in the long run by setting up multi-boxing to allow you to efficiently do things on all 516 of your characters.

You wouldn't even have enough time to make use of those 516 character slots.

- - - Updated - - -

516. That is the amount of slots it would take to get a gender, race, and class of each combination of just the current races. It doesn't matter what year it is. Increasing the amount of anything will increase the work needed for a database and systems. Hardware and software has improved since the original limit but it would still be a strain if for modern systems if 5+ million people made use of each slot.

Modern technology still has limits and costs associated with it. You need to be willing to consider those.

You're assuming the now. What happens when Blizz keeps adding 2-4 allied races each xpac? On top of new classes?
    My Collection

Well you are already taking the time and effort to transmogrify a character for it to sit on the character selection screen. And don't act like it is a huge burden. Appearences are account wide and can be saved in game for easy application of the outfit. So much effort.
    Its funny but the amount of effort you have put into this thread is prolly less than it would take to implement this and we both know it.

This isnt about account wide appearances its about spending time to make a toon on the character select screen and thinking wow i could make this toon look bad ass and then spending hours to level it up and your mantra is just well just delete it likes nothing and just start over a again like the stuff we do in wow can be just deleted like its nothing and thus making the whole game pointless!

15+ Year Old Account
    But that isnt WOW and its not been around for as long.
    It has been around since 2010 and was re-released in 2013. And has had 3 major expansions. That is long in terms of an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    So four times is many times over? You were using hyperbole in order to make your words seem grander.
    I would say 4 is many compared to 0 over something they insisted they would never do. And while demon hunter and monk were only one slot, each allied race was its own slot, totaling 8. Going from 10 to 18 (possibly 20 if they don't raise to 50, and 22 after that for the next set they confirmed will be happening), is a big difference for something they were never going to do because "no one needs more than 10."

Straight up, your argument is the same as it was back when people were asking for more than 10, and Blizzard decided it was finally time to change that. Blizzard themselves have never said it's about how hard it would be to increase the account limit, they've just repeated the same old "well we think 50 is a high enough number" thing, like they always did about the realm limit.

Is it really going to ruin your day if you find out they decided to add extra slots? Seriously, it changes nothing for you. You can say you'd rather they spend their time and effort on other things, but they don't cater to you any more than they cater to me. There's plenty of things I don't make use of in this game but I don't go into threads about them and claim that Blizzard shouldn't have wasted time on something that adds to someone else's enjoyment of the game >.>
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.