Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard should make every new tier release at the same time for all regions, to make it actually fair. Right now EU is simply overcoming a massive advantage NA has and even that isn't enough for them. It's an understatement to say they need to git gud. Anyway, just because the EU has players that are so much better that they can overcome this unfair advantage, it doesn't mean this practice should continue.

They could hire some thugs to break the EU players' fingers or something like that. Either that or give the losers a permanent buff for the next raid tier. XDDDDDDDDDD

or simply tell the other guilds to git gud

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    Should make a full 24 hours head start
    If you want fair competition then the raid should become available in all regions simulaneously. The US guilds can get better if they expect to win the world first race any time soon.

You can't balance it because Europeans are not countries where people are expected to work. Way back in WotLK, my guild recruited a priest from the West Coast, she was married to a guy from one of the Nordic countries. They had met in WoW because she played on an EU server from America, and he moved to America to be with her. He was in one of those actual top 1-5 world ranked guilds back in Europe, but stopped all that when he moved to the US. They decided to play casually at WotLK launch, which is how they found themselves in my relatively casual raiding guild at the time. He was a great player, but he also did not work, and in fact him and his wife eventually split up. She said her biggest source of frustration with him was he did not believe in, or accept, the idea that he should have to work to help support his household and he was used to Scandinavia where he was not required to work at all at any point in his life.

It should be no surprise that in a game that rewards "no lifing it", a culture where the government subsidizes people with no disability choosing to forego being productive workers, you will find more top end MMO players than in North America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaledus View Post
    You can't balance it because Europeans are not countries where people are expected to work.
    Thats just bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Europeans are not countries

You can't balance it because Europeans are not countries where people are expected to work. Way back in WotLK, my guild recruited a priest from the West Coast, she was married to a guy from one of the Nordic countries. They had met in WoW because she played on an EU server from America, and he moved to America to be with her. He was in one of those actual top 1-5 world ranked guilds back in Europe, but stopped all that when he moved to the US. They decided to play casually at WotLK launch, which is how they found themselves in my relatively casual raiding guild at the time. He was a great player, but he also did not work, and in fact him and his wife eventually split up. She said her biggest source of frustration with him was he did not believe in, or accept, the idea that he should have to work to help support his household and he was used to Scandinavia where he was not required to work at all at any point in his life.

It should be no surprise that in a game that rewards "no lifing it", a culture where the government subsidizes people with no disability choosing to forego being productive workers, you will find more top end MMO players than in North America.
    LMAO, you have to work, it's just EU countries are more Liberal with paid vacation and have better government safety nets which we don't in the US

Blizzard can't help the US guilds to get better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    NA should git gud. That's all there is to it. Blizzard shouldn't do anything.
    Honestly there isn't even any way to argue against this lol, complete domination. Nothing else to do against this except git gud.

- - - Updated - - -

So because of one anecdote, you came to the absolutely ridiculous conclusion of:

You can't balance it because Europeans are not countries where people are expected to work
    Are you kidding me?

They don't need to.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Guilds with at least 1/9 on Mythic:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 2764
    NA/OCE - 1590
    KR/TW - 185

Guilds with at least 1/9 on Heroic:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 4666
    NA/OCE - 3394
    KR/TW - 590

Guilds with at least 1/9 on Normal:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 3709
    NA/OCE - 3437
    KR/TW - 449

Total guild participation by region:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 11139 (around 223k players)
    NA/OCE - 8421 (around 168k players)
    KR/TW - 1224 (around 25k players)

Total participation for all the regions except China is around 416k players, less than half a million players. Data pulled from wowprogress on February 6, 2019.

Raid Unlock Schedule:
    January 22, 2019 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    January 29, 2019 – Mythic

Looks like far greater number of people participate or perhaps play the game in UK/EU region.

Hey Maximum

Also - blizz should reset the raid when method start, so limit get 16hrs, then a mini reset, so loot from all bosses they kill in 16hrs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Guilds with at least 1/9 on Mythic:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 2764
    NA/OCE - 1590
    KR/TW - 185

Guilds with at least 1/9 on Heroic:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 4666
    NA/OCE - 3394
    KR/TW - 590

Guilds with at least 1/9 on Normal:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 3709
    NA/OCE - 3437
    KR/TW - 449

Total guild participation by region:
    CN - ?
    UK/EU - 11139 (around 223k players)
    NA/OCE - 8421 (around 168k players)
    KR/TW - 1224 (around 25k players)

Total participation for all the regions except China is around 416k players, less than half a million players. Data pulled from wowprogress on February 6, 2019.

Raid Unlock Schedule:
    January 22, 2019 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    January 29, 2019 – Mythic

Looks like far greater number of people participate or perhaps play the game in UK/EU region.
    Did you seriously just add up those numbers? Every guild with mythic progress has heroic progress. Most guilds who have heroic as their end game have normal progress. There is a lot of duplicate guilds in your total participation number.

That said, yeah, EU has more players, meaning a bigger recruitment pool, meaning on average better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Did you seriously just add up those numbers? Every guild with mythic progress has heroic progress. Most guilds who have heroic as their end game have normal progress. There is a lot of duplicate guilds in your total participation number.

That said, yeah, EU has more players, meaning a bigger recruitment pool, meaning on average better players.
    Well, maybe there are more players in EU, but we are also divided by language (not every one speak english) which restrict a little the recuitment pools.

Sorry, but that's so much BS. If it should be fair, then US should NOT get any kind of headstart at all. Giving US 16 hours more is already VERY UNFAIR; and now just because EU won the OP want to increase the time so that US wins? These are the times where i really want a facepalm-smiley, because it's simply too stupid...

Blizzard can increase NA rewards by %30 and give NA guilds an extra item per boss. That should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'm pretty sure the NA playerbase is the lowest of the three major player bases. (Europe, NA, and Asia) That's probably a big part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Reminder :

that's actually the opposite : the USA has less population than Europe, but Europe is an amalgam of plenty of countries which have different cultures and language. Most of the population simply can't play with the rest, if only because of the language barrier.
    So it's actually the USA which has the advantage in players pool.

Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post
    Well, maybe there are more players in EU, but we are also divided by language (not every one speak english) which restrict a little the recuitment pools.

They can't. Aside from timezone differences, most EU countries get 30+ days of Paid Time off, and they work fewer hours a week anyways. Must be nice eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    NA should git gud. That's all there is to it. Blizzard shouldn't do anything.
    Sorry Were too busy going to work. Some the European Union should try one day. If rome had taken as many Holidays as you lot they would have never made it out of the Italian Peninsula.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...vacation-days/

Its common knowledge that the EU has a load more time off work. Between working fewer hours a week on average, and getting over 3x the amount of PTO as US workers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats just bullshit.
    Its actually not bullshit. You lot should try going to work. I'm not saying you guys don't work. You just don't work enough. Cut back to 8 vacation days, 2 sick days you wind up using as vacation days so you can actually take time off, and try working 60 hours a week while still being a in progression raiding guild.

Or take your less than a third of your vacation time and go do world first raiding. Then still have 2-3 weeks of leave in the summer to spend with family. On top being able to spend quite a lot more time grinding muh pluh and artifact power because you only work 30-35 hours a week which is considered part time in the US and would make you not even qualify for benefiets at the job, and as well you'd any government assistance you might get can be lost if you aren't applying for full time jobs even if those jobs would be worse pay.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2019-02-07 at 08:06 AM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Its actually not bullshit. You lot should try going to work. I'm not saying you guys don't work. You just don't work enough. Cut back to 8 vacation days, 2 sick days you wind up using as vacation days so you can actually take time off, and try working 60 hours a week while still being a in progression raiding guild.
    Do you even realize how retarded it is to take pride in having a worse lifestyle and telling people who have it better that they should lower their situation to yours because dick size contest ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

Or take your less than a third of your vacation time and go do world first raiding. Then still have 2-3 weeks of leave in the summer to spend with family. On top being able to spend quite a lot more time grinding muh pluh and artifact power because you only work 30-35 hours a week which is considered part time in the US and would make you not even qualify for benefiets at the job, and as well you'd any government assistance you might get can be lost if you aren't applying for full time jobs even if those jobs would be worse pay.
    Are you seriously proud of getting abused?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..