Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's nice as it means I never have to bother with PvP. The downside is that you're punushed for not having PvP on and thats something Blizzard needs to work on.
    The world PvP alone is enough, the is no need for extra xp and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Getting tired of all of the continual negativity towards Warmode. I actually think it's great and have a lot of fun with it turned on. I find that a lot of the players I know in game have a lot of fun with it too. It makes the world always seem more alive and dangerous.

So much spontaneous fun can develop from it, from the push and pull of raids being formed to fight each other at incursions, to random battles when people try and gank you when you're fighting a rare, to having loot crate battles - stalling players long enough or more of your own faction to get there to help you win the crate.

Sure, doing a lvl 400 item in mythic progress week was a bit of a silly move (which even Blizzard admitted) and there's probably a few tweaks that can improve the QoL for players with it a bit (maybe making flight masters annihilate people ganking there) but all in all, it's good fun.

Who else is enjoying it? What tweaks would you want to see? What fun stories do you have to share?

This past week I even ended up in a battle at Sha of Anger, as people kept net-ganking all the fliers there and it all descended into madness.
    I think you should consider that for every individual like yourself who had a single good experience, there are ten times as many who are being farmed at flight points, or being steamrolled by raids, or being denied by sharding when they form a counter-group.

So you're either shilling(in which case you should give some full disclosure) or you're not actually being reasonable or objective about it. Because looked at objectively, War Mode is lazy. It's hardly even a "feature". It's just slapping PVP into a PVE game without any thought. There are no PVP objectives or resources to fight over. There's no territory to take over and control. There aren't any long-term objectives. You can't win or even permanently effect other players or the opposite faction.

You can have "fun" with virtually anything. Telling people you have fun with it while creating "other players" that also have fun, but can't be verified, is a nonsense endorsement. Are these other friends in different area codes, go to a different school, and we wouldn't know them?

Come on man, you can do better. Blizzard can do better as well, by actually putting some time and effort into real WPVP content and mechanics instead of just dropping a PVP flag into the game and calling it good. Look at what other games are doing with WPVP, like GW2, ESO, EVE online, or even Black Desert.

War mode is a halfassed joke that wasn't funny to begin with, and still isn't.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-07 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So you're either shilling(in which case you should give some full disclosure) or you're not actually being reasonable or objective about it.
    ....you seriously think that because somebody enjoys something you don't then they're probably some paid "shrill"?

I think you should consider that for every individual like yourself who had a single good experience, there are ten times as many who are being farmed at flight points, or being steamrolled by raids, or being denied by sharding when they form a counter-group.
    According to who? According to what data?

Maybe you should consider that just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the majority of players participating with warmode intentionally switched on aren't enjoying it. The people online on these forums are just a tiny fraction of players, and tend to be the most whiney entitled +bitchy players after all, so you can't take anything on this forum as a representation of how the player base feels.

You can see in game around incursions that people are having fun, because you can see all the groups forming and fighting each other, and even when quests are done people stick around in groups and people always seem a LOT more engaged with the world and each other then I've ever seen players before.

Blizz needs to build on incursions and come up with more World PVP short time events to get everyone involved.

Do people even do raids to hunt down the other faction anymore? They were around a lot right at the start of the expansion but now, unless there's an incursion going on (which are a PVP event) then I never see raids of people anymore. Even then I see counter raids all the time, the idea that any new counter raid is always put in a different shard is just a rare exception bordering on myth. Even then, sure there are inconveniences from this but THAT"S WHAT THE EXTRA BONUS IS FOR. It's literally there to compensate for time taken up by random PVP happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's nice as it means I never have to bother with PvP. The downside is that you're punushed for not having PvP on and thats something Blizzard needs to work on.
    The world PvP alone is enough, the is no need for extra xp and gear.
    Are you being "punished" by Blizzard if you don't raid, because you don't want to raid and you're not getting as good gear?

Are you being "punished" by Blizzard if you don't want to run dungeons, so you can't get dungeon mounts?

The extra bonus is there so that if people WANT to have Warmode and participate in WPVP then it compensates for the time (and thus resources) loss of the issues that it can cause too. Even if you enjoye WPVP, getting ganked a few times by someone high level can be a pain, but the extra % will mean you're not just wasting too much of your time. It's there to compensate those with Warmode on, not to punish people without it.

If you don't like Warmode, switch it off.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

....you seriously think that because somebody enjoys something you don't then they're probably some paid "shrill"?
    You'll note that I put another condition there. Either you're shilling or you're not being objective. And I listed the reasons why you wouldn't be objective in calling War Mode "good". Maybe you should try reading with the intent to understand.

The people online on these forums are just a tiny fraction of players, so you can't take anything on this forum as a representation of how the player base feels.
    Including you!

I'm just being objective and pointing out that while you might be enjoying War Mode, that doesn't make it good, nor does it mean other people's lack of enjoyment is invalid. I've done my homework and checked other outlets besides just theses forums. Multiple different popular youtuber/streamers(even the guys like Bellular who normally are apologists for WoW), different forums such as reddit and the official forums as well as here.

The overarching assessment of War Mode is that it's terrible. The vast majority of people who are willing to provide feedback(you know, by posting on forums) admit to only doing it to either grief the other faction by sitting on flight paths, or only do it long enough to get their quest reward then turn it off.

What part of that is good?

You can see in game around incursions that people are having fun, because you can see all the groups forming and fighting each other, and even when quests are done people stick around in groups and people always seem a LOT more engaged with the world and each other then I've ever seen players before.
    You're seeing confirmation bias. How do you know when people's quests are done? Are you sitting at their keyboard? How do you know they're more engaged? Are you in their head?

I'm using what people actually post as feedback. You yourself even said in your opening post that you were seeing a lot of negativity. And then you try to dismiss that same negativity when it doesn't suit your goals anymore. That's what's more commonly known as "bullshit".

Blizz needs to build on incursions and come up with more World PVP short time events to get everyone involved.
    No, Blizzard needs to get AWAY from short-form, disposable content and events. You want short term, go play a facebook or phone game. MMORPGs need something for players to sink their teeth into and have some long-term goals. The entire problem with WoW is that nothing you do feels meaningful. In order for WPVP to improve, it MUST have something meaningful to work towards.

Even Warhammer Online, a game nearly as old as WoW, and not anywhere near as well-funded, managed to get the Faction vs Faction war more right than Blizzard. Every zone event, every PVP action contributed a little bit towards invading the opposing faction's capital city. Even PVE events contributed a little if you wanted to help, but didn't like PVP.

Virtually EVERY other game with faction vs faction does it better than War Mode. To praise war mode tells me that you haven't ever been exposed to anything else. Is WoW your first large-scale PVP game? I'm guessing it is.

Do people even do raids to hunt down the other faction anymore? They were around a lot right at the start of the expansion but now, unless there's an incursion going on (which are a PVP event) then I never see raids of people anymore. Even then I see counter raids all the time, the idea that any new counter raid is always put in a different shard is just a rare exception bordering on myth. Even then, sure there are inconveniences from this but THAT"S WHAT THE EXTRA BONUS IS FOR. It's literally there to compensate for time taken up by random PVP happening.
    And that's a shitty design at a fundamental level. You should be PVPing because you want to work towards something important, or just enjoy fighting other players. You shouldn't have to be compensated for getting destroyed and having your time wasted in a bad design.

If you don't like Warmode, switch it off.
    Oh look....the warcry of someone who doesn't actually have an argument, but doesn't want to admit that War Mode is garbage. Really, this is all you needed to post.

/disgust

Really, thanks for completely invalidating your point of view with this. But here, I'll give you a way out. Just say this:

"I know War Mode is bad, but I'm having fun with it despite its flaws."

You admit that it's flawed, but don't give up your position of having fun. GG.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-07 at 01:25 PM.

Even then I see counter raids all the time, the idea that any new counter raid is always put in a different shard is just a rare exception bordering on myth. [/B]
    It's everything but a myth. Nowadays the servers can't handle 40 people fighting on the same shard. It doesn't work in AV. It doensn't work in the open world. It doesn't work in dead cities. You get sharded seperately way before you even reach 40 people.

Warmode + sharding + CRZ just don't work together and make a fucking horrible system.

Since I came back in 8.1 it's been amazing. Sure it's annoying when the Alliance camp a WQ spot with 40 players but usually if you're patient you can amass a horde army and over take them. That's EXACTLY what WPVP is. Grouping up and having Group v Group battles.

The faction assaults are hit and miss. Half the time it's awesome and there's some great battles... but the other half it's just a zerg slaughterfest.

Overall I've had more fun in WPVP since 8.1 than I have since like TBC launch.

I've always been on a PvP-Server, but I have warmode turned off. No fun in constantly running into whole groups from different servers. I like occasional pvp encounters, hence playing on a PvP-server, but that whole warmode mess is bs in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Since I came back in 8.1 it's been amazing. Sure it's annoying when the Alliance camp a WQ spot with 40 players but usually if you're patient you can amass a horde army and over take them. That's EXACTLY what WPVP is. Grouping up and having Group v Group battles.

The faction assaults are hit and miss. Half the time it's awesome and there's some great battles... but the other half it's just a zerg slaughterfest.

Overall I've had more fun in WPVP since 8.1 than I have since like TBC launch.
    Now imagine if you actually had some objectives to fight over. Real, tangible benefits for victory instead of just brawling because someone decided to camp a flight path.

Warmode is meh because WPvP is meh by default. Makes everything more immersive and fun for people who like it, but in the end it's just people zerging other people and gankers waiting for the best moment to kill a player at a disadvantage. It's always been like that from the very beginning, and i don't understand people trying to make it something more than it actually is.

This said, i like the feature. Sharding systems needs improvement for sure, but it gives freedom to players to opt in and out of it at a glance, with a bonus for the additional "danger" they're putting themselves into.

I don't get all the Horde fuss - or better, i agree that Blizzard went way over the top with bonuses and the 25 kill quest; anyway i went directly with WM on for this exact reason because huge bonuses and basically free items? Anyone who says that he wouldn't have done the same is just a liar. I am happy bonus went down and that they removed the quest, though this just means all uninterested alliance will just turn WM off (i did it already) because i don't have any interest in getting more or less the same rewards for losing time because of WPvP. I value my time much more than a 10% bonus but i'm not asking for something more, i'm content to play with WM off.

We all know what we're playing for - character power - and we will get it via any means necessary. The zerging at fp and raids and constant griefing is nothing new in WPvP and i'm baffled at people actually surprised that this happens.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    War mode was great until blizz started handing out charity gear and extra rewards. Don't care if it s 10%, 30%, or 0% so long as they keep it even.

@SirCowdog

Why is Warmode bad?
    Warmode is just a PvP server and there were PvP servers since Vanilla.

Care to explain why warmode is bad?

-------

I agree at the very second you give rewards for group/raid PvP...is chaos in the world.
    Never before seen types of chaos.

I have some ideas to keep the chaos controlled via incentives by Blizzard.

But apart from the chaos...Warmode is just a PvP server.

EDIT: Ive read your first post and now i understand. Never mind.
    I agree Warmode could be so much more
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-02-07 at 04:59 PM.

Now imagine if you actually had some objectives to fight over. Real, tangible benefits for victory instead of just brawling because someone decided to camp a flight path.
    I don't really need tangible benefits. It's WPvP after all. When it's forced (with benefits) it's never as good as when it organically happens like it does now. I'm not saying it's perfect, but when it's relatively balanced in numbers it's super fun. It's similar to the MoP timewalking badge vendor. The PvP around that NPC is always super fun.. Usually one faction is camping it but then the other gathers enough people to eventually overtake them in an epic battle. I love it.

I could see something similar to that MOP isle though in terms of benefits. Gain some sort of token per kill and then you can buy cosmetics with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I love warmode, i would only want 2 things to be added to it.

A long term reward structure.
    Quests that incentivize solo world pvp.

I really want to login everyday and embark on an adventure of hunting the other faction with rewards at the end...of 1 month farming.
    I'd like them to actually make the honor gained be worth it. The fact that I can go back to Legion, clear the towers and ffa stuff, and get more honor in 10 minutes than I do in an hour of wpvp during an invasion is not right.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Warmode is garbage. It would be good if they remove PvE bonuses from it (%AP and such). This way only players actually interested in this crap will turn it on instead of forcing players that don't give a single fuck about PvP to turn it on.
    This and give us the half of our abilities stolen for this shit, back to us.

World PvP would be AMAZING with just a little more attention, foresight from Blizzard.

I'm just being objective and pointing out that while you might be enjoying War Mode, that doesn't make it good.
    Good is a subjective word. Realistically, all war mode did was make something set in stone at character creation always be a choice.

I'm happy that the free piece of gear is gone so I don't have to do the quest any more and can keep warmode off all times. Either I felt like a complete asshole when killing horde for no reason other than quest credit or I felt I was ganked by complete assholes for no reason. Fun was absolutely nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, what we had before with PvP/PvE realms
    Except it's better with bounties, Assassins, chests and the sort.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I love warmode, i would only want 2 things to be added to it.

A long term reward structure.
    Quests that incentivize solo world pvp.

I really want to login everyday and embark on an adventure of hunting the other faction with rewards at the end...of 1 month farming.
    This. Right now the gank-fest of 1k honor kills pr. zone is pointless grindy (Doing it atm...and trust me, there is no pvp here, its just about ganking)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    World PvP would be AMAZING with just a little more attention, foresight from Blizzard.
    Fun thing is, that there dosent need to be much as well. Look at Nagrand and Halaa etc - these small little world events + give us good rewards that ONLY can be gotten from that...And please no stupid grindy once, at least not too much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Warmode COULD be great if the class design wasn't this crappy!