fps issue in wow

So i recently upgraded my pc cus i coudnt wow anymore.
    and i got myself a new motherboard, and cpu(15 8600k) had a 1060 6gb but now a rtx 2060
    and ive been noticing im not getting alot of fps in raids/battleground
    so ive turned down alot of settings and fiddled around with the settings
    so now i have all my settings on 3 aa of, vsync off, texture filerting trilinear and everything on fair/low

and in raid while not having chrome battlenet launcher open im getting around 25 to 40 fps
    in a 25m raid
    do u guys have any idea if this is normal(probbaly not)
    or have a fix for it
    ive tried reseating ram, deleting interface cache wtf folders
    any other game works perfectly fine with all setting on max only wow is having trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the CPU. People think a new graphics card is going to help, but not with WoW. It's all about the CPU.

Is your game set to use DX12 in WoW?

I recently had an issue with inexplicable FPS issues and it was due to the power settings. Somehow even though I have a desktop, the damned thing went into "power save" mode and I was getting literal slideshow performance in raids despite having a fairly recent computer. If you're using Win10, just search for "Power Options" and make sure that "High Performance" is selected.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    It's probably the CPU. People think a new graphics card is going to help, but not with WoW. It's all about the CPU.
    He has a 8600K brother. Like, read the whole thing before posting

25-40 sounds low, especially at quality 3; but don't expect to get stable 60 fps in a raiding environment, even on modern CPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU, RAM and HDD (SSD is the best way) in WoW graphic is pretty much last one you need to upgrade :P

Addons could kill performance.

I played on phenom ii x6 1045t with no problems but it was in early legion last time. Now i have ryzen.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-02-07 at 02:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Try checking which graphics adapter is set in the setting. I've had the issue where it switched to my other(crappy) GPU when 8.1 dropped and was getting terrible frames. Might be that onboard graphics is selected. If not that, then try changing the Direct X version and/or updating drivers.

With an i5 4690k and gtx 1060 I'm getting more frames than that. So it's probably a setting issue since that isn't the expected performance.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Are you running any addons? Some addons can hurt your FPS.

Next likely culprit is probably a driver issue. Your setup shouldn't be having any problems; my desktop is decidedly lower end (None of the components are newer than 4 or so years old) and I manage better in raids than that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    GPU is as important as CPU. Mine is ramped up to 90% everytime and I'm running it only at 2k 75hz, 8/10. After numerous graphical updates WoW is no longer only CPU bound but also needs good GPU if you want to run it at reasonable frames with higher settings. "It's the CPU bruh" is old news.

To answer your question, it's definitely not normal. I have worse CPU ( clock wise ) and I'm running at much higher frames with better settings.
    Try to explicitly set WoW into high performance mode in the nVidia manager. Also run it at DX12 if you can/don't have problems.
    Do you have multiple monitors by any chance? One time I had this problem when I was having shitty FPS on my second monitor, swapped ports on the GPU and been working since then.
    But if other games are working well...

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    CPU, RAM and HDD (SSD is the best way) in WoW graphic is pretty much last one you need to upgrade :P

Addons could kill performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Are you running any addons? Some addons can hurt your FPS.

Next likely culprit is probably a driver issue. Your setup shouldn't be having any problems; my desktop is decidedly lower end (None of the components are newer than 4 or so years old) and I manage better in raids than that.
    ive tried reseating ram, deleting interface cache wtf folders

he already deleted interface folder
    Last edited by scart35; 2019-02-07 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dangthe View Post
    He has a 8600K brother. Like, read the whole thing before posting
    Yes an i5-8600K?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was something like fix .exe ? I dun remember but there shoud it be. You could reinstall WoW with battle.net app and delete all the files and clear registry before fresh installation.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I recently had an issue with inexplicable FPS issues and it was due to the power settings. Somehow even though I have a desktop, the damned thing went into "power save" mode and I was getting literal slideshow performance in raids despite having a fairly recent computer. If you're using Win10, just search for "Power Options" and make sure that "High Performance" is selected.

Hope this helps.
    well turns out it was not on high performance but on something else so i switched it around and saw a huge diffrent.
    went into lfr 25 man first boss and instead of having 25-40 fps yesterday im now getting 50-80 fps
    cant believe i didnt check these setting settings thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by dellboy112 View Post
    well turns out it was not on high performance but on something else so i switched it around and saw a huge diffrent.
    went into lfr 25 man first boss and instead of having 25-40 fps yesterday im now getting 50-80 fps
    cant believe i didnt check these setting settings thanks for the suggestion
    Glad that worked, mate!

It was honestly a stroke of luck that I found it. I was almost ready to RMA my PC when I did some google-fu and found a WoW forum thread with somebody describing a similar issue with that solution. It's odd that something so obscure can have a massive impact on performance in WoW... I'd wager it has something to do with the 15 years of pure, unadulterated spaghetti which make up the game's code.