Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    But both factions are as powerful as the "story" needs them to be at a specific moment.
    --- snip ---

Infracted.

Ok then no meme post, I'll just type it out.

Laplacedemon's point should be the end of thread

/thread

>_>
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-02-08 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Alliance Leaders :
    - Most powerful Mage on Azeroth
    - Most powerful Priest(ess) on Azeroth x3
    - Most powerful Druid on Azeroth
    - Random Worgen
    - Random Gnome who will probably end up with superpowers from the freezer, as Magni did before him

Horde Leaders :
    - Banshee with superpowers (unsure about how powerful she is thought, that's fluctuating)
    - Random guy with the power of love for the above-mentioned Banshee
    - Random Goblin
    - Powerful Orc, if we still consider him as a Horde leader (but in the range of Genn so who cares)
    - Random Ranger
    - Edit: forgot the totally random Cow as he's 100% transparent even nowadays
    - A bunch of random NPC with no specific feat
    Jaina is not the most powerful mage on Azeroth, she's not even in second place.

The Alliance is more powerful because whenever their leaders get questionable power ups (Alleria's void corruption, Tyrande's Night Warrior powers) it's treated as a fist pumping moment. Whenever Horde factions try to get power ups (Garrosh's Sha), Baine starts crying and guilt trips the Horde into raising a rebellion and further decimation its already dwindling numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    Basically the only reason why the Alliance doesn't roll over the Horde is gameplay. Blizzard can't just have one faction get destroyed and alienate a huge part of their fanbase. Not good for business.
    well they could so long as it was the alliance getting the pounding. that was untill the alliance player base starting to get anemic in terms of high end players. as aposed to token alliance alts. can't have a 2 faction game when one faction isn't represented by actual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    What many people forget is that Vindicaar was constructed by the default draenei and it has no naaru powering it. Although it was only serving as a transportation vessel, they managed to arm it with the gun taken of Xenedar or whatever was the ship's name, and finally powered up with the Triumvirate gems. Lightforged, on the other hand, brought the warframes, that gnomes were immediately interested in.

Also, as seen on Draenor, they don't need a naaru to stand behind them to run any of their devices, they have all sorts of tech using power crystals.
    Which could be the reason why they don't use their weapons as much as they could, because maybe they're low on those crystals or something, but blizz apparently can't be assed to explain - forget it, here, look at some cool cutscenes, just don't think about it too deep.
    I haven't forgotten, it is just meaningless in this context because as I said it is about the long run, the exodar is still functioning so to speak but it has no naaru anymore. The technology works isn't fully operational though, a prime example would be tempest keep and the technology is still vulnerable to magic and the like. After all powerful troll vodoo makes short work of the warframes for example and the Genedar is easily blown out of the sky. It is powerful tech but not nearly as invincible as people often portray it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I haven't forgotten, it is just meaningless in this context because as I said it is about the long run, the exodar is still functioning so to speak but it has no naaru anymore. The technology works isn't fully operational though, a prime example would be tempest keep and the technology is still vulnerable to magic and the like. After all powerful troll vodoo makes short work of the warframes for example and the Genedar is easily blown out of the sky. It is powerful tech but not nearly as invincible as people often portray it to be.
    If you're gonna go with comparing stupid fill-a-bar quests, like the one with "da strong voodoo, mon", then Dark Iron dwarves win with their beer powered golem that annihilates anything that comes to its path - instantly. Plus they can summon elementals, that do the work just as well. Or maybe comparisons based on such silly quests are not quite to be made?

You tell me that a magic-powered spaceship with orbital canon and a warp drive is less powerful than a random ass troll pulling up random ass masks that make racist noises? I mean yeah, there are other stupid quests like that, but if anything, it's a bunch of quest designers coming up like "hey wouldn't it be totally cool if...", not "okay we gotta really show how powerful the voodoo is, so let's do this and that".

Now that I think about it, void elves can just open up a portal that sucks anything in, and they way they make it appear, it takes literally no effort. Like a literal war winning weapon, shame they use it in exactly one quest, like all those other tools mentioned above.
    Last edited by Louz; 2019-02-08 at 11:56 AM.

If you're gonna go with comparing stupid fill-a-bar quests, like the one with "da strong voodoo, mon", then Dark Iron dwarves win with their beer powered golem that annihilates anything that comes to its path - instantly. Plus they can summon elementals, that do the work just as well. Or maybe comparisons based on such silly quests are not quite to be made?

You tell me that a magic-powered spaceship with orbital canon and a warp drive is less powerful than a random ass troll pulling up random ass masks that make racist noises? I mean yeah, there are other stupid quests like that, but if anything, it's a bunch of quest designers coming up like "hey wouldn't it be totally cool if...", not "okay we gotta really show how powerful the voodoo is, so let's do this and that".
    It is what it is, such is the god damn story narrative the vindicar can be blown out of the sky just as easily as the Xenedar and with Azerite lying around pretty much around the globe it is quite possible. Not to mention I haven't brought power levels into this discussion you did all I said it is possible to wreck it all with magic at the end of day a vessel like the vindicar or the warframes are no guarantee of victory they are powerful but not invincible, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is what it is, such is the god damn story narrative the vindicar can be blown out of the sky just as easily as the Xenedar and with Azerite lying around pretty much around the globe it is quite possible. Not to mention I haven't brought power levels into this discussion you did all I said it is possible to wreck it all with magic at the end of day a vessel like the vindicar or the warframes are no guarantee of victory they are powerful but not invincible, end of story.
    You mentioned "the powerful voodoo that takes care of warframes" as an argument.

Yeah, a silly quest, dunno, maybe a Crash bandicoot homage, hovering tiki masks that make you literally invincible, plowing through enemies... Why don't they use it when it comes to world-ending threats then, when some troll can whip THAT up?

What I brought up is how they're inconsistent and that rather than explaining details, they just add some other overpowered shit, be it more or less fun quests, or cinematics, like Slyvanus suddenly having the power of turning into a flying thing that could AoE just about anybody.

You mentioned "the powerful voodoo that takes care of warframes" as an argument.
    Yes because it does, it is what it is.

Yeah, a silly quest, dunno, maybe a Crash bandicoot homage, hovering tiki masks that make you literally invincible, plowing through enemies... Why don't they use it when it comes to world-ending threats then, when some troll can whip THAT up?
    A spaceship and a robot army are at their disposal why do the draenei leave the night elves out to die, is the exact same argument, well except it is consistent for the draenei to leave natives to die , but the answer is blizz didn't want them to use it.
    What I brought up is how they're inconsistent and that rather than explaining details, they just add some other overpowered shit, be it more or less fun quests, or cinematics, like Slyvanus suddenly having the power of turning into a flying thing that could AoE just about anybody.
    News flash they are inconsistent with pretty much everything lets take the screecher sylvanas for example, she could switch in and out of her body as a banshee and as far as storytelling goes her aoe scream can shatter armor, break bones and negate spellcasting but blizz decides to discard all of that whenever they wish, same with malfurion, the reason is they made these characters so overpowered they wrote themselves into a corner to begin with.

They're roughly equal, but Alliance has come off stronger, because the Horde can't keep its ranks together all the way through wars. Both in Second War and MoP War Horde suffered considerable military power breaking off mid-campaign, and it's happening in This War too.

Actually, regarding the current war, we've received conflicting signals. In Lost Honor Anduin laments he can't beat Sylvanas without Saurfang's aid, painting things like the Alliance is losing, yet in-game the war has been going very well for the Alliance completely without Saurfang's aid.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

It is by the Alliance's hands that the Horde was allowed to survive. It is by the Alliance's hands that the Horde will loose.

Why people are thinking Vindicaar is Alliance ship... It is not. If anyone want to use he has to receive approval from Naaru first, and it is not easy to get as Vindicaar is supposed to be used again Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Alliance is far, FAR more powerful than Horde lorewise. Alliance is a cohesive lot with little to no internal struggles, it has the most disciplined and numerous armies, the strongest navy (especially after BoD), the best spellcasters, the strongest economy (even if their people starve at times, c.f. Westfall) and even a big !#$%ing SC battlecruiser-like spaceship. What does Horde have? Blight...?
    But the Alliance doesn't use the power because both factions need to survive.

It's a wash really.

Horde have better singular units in almost every category except numbers (almost every horde species is 'stronger' or 'hardier' except goblin and elf types) their relative tech levels are about even when looking at the overall army with the exception of Draenei/Lightforged magitech (which only seems limited by repairability but that gets handwaved away by most people cause no one cares about logistics)... arguably similar sized pools of magical support.

If we bring in named heroes then the alliance wins the edge because they haven't been having everyone with a lick of character growth get killed off as part of a villain arc in the last 5 expansions.

IMO it seems like the alliance could easily overwhelm the horde straight out, but at the same time the horde would be well within their means to make such an action a VERY poor choice if they commit to an all out life or death battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Why people are thinking Vindicaar is Alliance ship... It is not. If anyone want to use he has to receive approval from Naaru first, and it is not easy to get as Vindicaar is supposed to be used again Void.
    it's helmed by the lightforged under the command of Turalyon. Safe to say it's an alliance vessel.
    edit:
    Also the ship was built by the Draenai.... the only Naaru on it was the one we picked up and watched Illidan shatter.

The Alliance is way stronger right now. It used to be pretty balanced until Garrosh's defeat though (I'd say the Horde was even slightly stronger in Cataclysm and early MoP).

Some of the members of the Alliance are just really strong, they're not facing any internal conflicts right now and they have stuff like the Vindicaar. The only thing that the Horde really got was the Zandalari fleet and that's gone now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    It is an Alliance ship. The Army of the Light (incl. Turalyon, all of the LF Draenei and their leader Fareeya) has joined the Alliance in the aftermath of Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance. Half of their leaders are literally imbued by or powered by "god".

The Horde has stronger troops but needs nukes to compete with the Alliance's literal deus ex machina power. The Alliance also has technology on a superior scale and higher overall numbers.

The Horde uses nukes to bully the Alliance on a more even playing field. Either scare the Alliance leadership from using their own toys by threatening total annihilation of both sides, or use said nukes to thin their ranks knowing the Alliance won't risk hurting their own troops to win. Why won't the Vindicaar blast Sylvanas? Bc Horde retaliation would ruin them both.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    i still don't get why the hell blizzard thought that starting a war RIGHT NOT and setting the scales this high with the ABSURD imbalance. like IT'S UNBELIEVABLE UNBALANCED.

The horde may have a superior army compared to the alliance.
    What uses does that army has when we have people who literally one shot entire armies? we had freaking velen, the FIRST void elf that eaten a naru
    a light-infused paladin, 2 leaders with toons of victories and experience under their belts, the third most powerful mage in azeroth (maybe even stronger than khadgar at this point) maiev who in the past was able to defeat ILLIDAN.

i think that one way to make all of this make a little more of sense is that we have also internal conflict in the alliance at the level of the horde.
    so we have a DOUBLE rebellion.
    at least alliance leaders who are incredibly op would be fighting each other.

because right now, genn, mekkatorke,and jaina caused more damage in a single event that the entire alliance and horde leaders combined in SoO

Now imagine if alleria or velen helped jaina in her combat, horde heros would be dead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    Now imagine if alleria or velen helped jaina in her combat, horde heros would be dead right now.
    Nathanos: ENOUGH!