Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trump's stooges try this shit on the richest guy alive, are they retarded?

Reminds me of:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    No... they are National Enquirer... there is a reason it’s place is right next to weekly world news updates on the whereabouts of the batboy.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

Reminds me of:

[video=youtube;1z6o1GIEsQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6o1GIEsQE[/vieo]
    Super ultra mega retarded, it seems.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Three is several? There's Fox, The National Enquirer, and The Blaze. Although Fox appears to be the only one with TV programming if i'm not mistaken.

On the left you have CNN, The Washington Post, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Politico, New York Times, Mother Jones, and Salon totaling 12. 10 if you don't count Mother Jones or Salon as newspapers which most people don't.

With 3 vs 11, Seems like there's a bit of an imbalance going on.
    you are confusing slanted and propaganda, Fox is propaganda - msnbc is slanted.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Three is several? There's Fox, The National Enquirer, and The Blaze. Although Fox appears to be the only one with TV programming if i'm not mistaken.

On the left you have CNN, The Washington Post, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Politico, New York Times, Mother Jones, and Salon totaling 12. 10 if you don't count Mother Jones or Salon as newspapers which most people don't.

With 3 vs 11, Seems like there's a bit of an imbalance going on.
    Translation anything that reports on Trump that doesn't suck up to him is on the left, also Sinclair Broadcasting group means your math is so very wrong.

Bezos's security expert claims the documents were likely obtained by a government entity. Kusher also tried to use the National Enquirer to expose Joe Scarborough's affair in the past.

edit: Pecker has also gotten close to the Saudi royal family through Kushner and was likely involved in the Scarborough blackmail.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2019-02-08 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    American Media officially responds.

I love how they claim it was a "good faith negotiation". As in, "how much money are you willing to buy this story for?" is somehow not blackmail.

They do claim they'll do an internal investigation, which sounds a lot like "please don't arrest us".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    American Media officially responds.

I love how they claim it was a "good faith negotiation". As in, "how much money are you willing to buy this story for?" is somehow not blackmail.

They do claim they'll do an internal investigation, which sounds a lot like "please don't arrest us".
    Yeah it's basically stall tactics given guilt in this case would void their agreement with SDNY.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

The National Enquirer, Saudi Arabia and possibly trump in a blackmail scandal. Not entirely implausible that trump referred National Enquirer to Saudis for blackmail. I mean we already know the connection between trump and Enquirer. So how/why did the Saudis hook up wit the Enquirer?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The National Enquirer, Saudi Arabia and possibly trump in a blackmail scandal. Not entirely implausible that trump referred National Enquirer to Saudis for blackmail. I mean we already know the connection between trump and Enquirer. So how/why did the Saudis hook up wit the Enquirer?
    Saudi Arabia also bought the phone spying tool Pegasus from the Israeli government back in 2017. Saudi Arabia has been reportedly using the tool to spy on "enemies" who fled the country.

edit: Which is convenient given Kushner and MBS having close ties, the tool being speculatively used to monitor Khashoggi as well as many other exiles and notable flights, and then the recent issue with Joe Scarborough having his phone compromised with the information being sent to the National Enquirer.

edit 2: Pecker is now close to the Saudi government through connections to Trump and Kushner, which would explain why information was sent to AMI.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2019-02-08 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    The NE threatens to
    Sorry to interrupt, but second accuser comes forward.

Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Ronan Farrow alleged Thursday that American Media Inc. threatened to "ruin" him if he didn't stop "digging" on his investigative reporting on President Trump and the National Enquirer.

AMI is the parent company of the National Enquirer David Pecker, a longtime friend of Trump, who serves the tabloid's chairman.

"I and at least one other prominent journalist involved in breaking stories about the National Enquirer’s arrangement with Trump fielded similar 'stop digging or we’ll ruin you' blackmail efforts from AMI," Farrow wrote in a tweet to his more than 780,000 followers.

"I did not engage as I don’t cut deals with subjects of ongoing reporting," the New Yorker magazine reporter added.
    Wow. The NE is really trying to protect Trump. This could tie in with Cohen, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    "both sides" doesnt work when you can show one side reading GOP issued memos and forcing all its local stations to read word for word RW talking points while trying to hide that they were passed down from their owners and your claim the other side is the same is "well, they aren't nice to my guy after his admin has they cant return those kids they stole"

I would have thought that a reptilian being masquerading as human would be above things like blackmail.

In both the case of Farrow and Bezos, their allegations lack any evidence to support their claim other than "crazy person said this" or "I believe this".
    Uh...did you not see the email transcripts that Bezos posted in his piece? Because he posted emails from AMI lawyers in his piece.

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no...r-146e3922310f

AMI has responded. They haven't disputed the authenticity of the email transcripts Bezos included - https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ng/2810937002/

So Bezos does something sleazy, as bad as anything we know Trump did. Bezos accuses the NE of running stories for their personal gain with Saudi Arabia through the WP, slander or libel in most circles.

The NE threatens to release the dick pics of Bezos unless he states he has no basis to accuse them of working on behalf of the Saudis.

Then the usual crew who obviously are more interested in conspiracy theories than facts (Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary and they did!!!!), parrots Bezos talking points like they’re informed or objective.

Par for the course. I think the NE is tabloid trash and hold them in the same esteem as Wikileaks or Buzzfeed. But a lot of people seem to only call these outlets garbage or amazing depending on whom their story is harming.

Maybe people shouldn’t be cheering on the wealthiest man in the world as some kind of savior. The left used to trash Wal-Mart, but Amazon is somehow ignored for its identical and far more damaging tactics.

Maybe the far right pundits are correct in that all the left desires is power, and will use any story or tactic to try to achieve it.
    No.

This is delusional take which relies on ignorance, willful or otherwise, in order for someone to espouse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...did you not see the email transcripts that Bezos posted in his piece? Because he posted emails from AMI lawyers in his piece.

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no...r-146e3922310f

AMI has responded. They haven't disputed the authenticity of the email transcripts Bezos included - https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ng/2810937002/
    Yeah AMI isn't denying it at all so not sure what Negan is on about. They're now taking the stance of "oh fuck don't void our deal. Drop it and we'll investigate what happened!" now that they realized they fucked up.

I did. I'm talking about his claims the NE is doing this for the Saudis. He has nothing to support that. I'm quite capable of reading the emails where, as I stated in the post (so how could you be confused) the NE said if Bezos doesn't retract his statement, they'll release the photos. It's sleazy, I'm not going to defend it. But accusing your adversary of being in bed with a foreign government is equally sleazy less you have actual evidence to support that. Bezos doesn't.
    You not seeing the evidence does not mean it doesn't exist.

This is the very early stage of the public outing of an attempted blackmail. You declaring evidence doesn't exist is pretty absurd. But, here you are...

15+ Year Old Account
    So Bezos does something sleazy, as bad as anything we know Trump did. Bezos accuses the NE of running stories for their personal gain with Saudi Arabia through the WP, slander or libel in most circles.

The NE threatens to release the dick pics of Bezos unless he states he has no basis to accuse them of working on behalf of the Saudis.

Then the usual crew who obviously are more interested in conspiracy theories than facts (Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary and they did!!!!), parrots Bezos talking points like they’re informed or objective.

Par for the course. I think the NE is tabloid trash and hold them in the same esteem as Wikileaks or Buzzfeed. But a lot of people seem to only call these outlets garbage or amazing depending on whom their story is harming.

Maybe people shouldn’t be cheering on the wealthiest man in the world as some kind of savior. The left used to trash Wal-Mart, but Amazon is somehow ignored for its identical and far more damaging tactics.

Maybe the far right pundits are correct in that all the left desires is power, and will use any story or tactic to try to achieve it.
    Man you guys are just sounding desperate at this point. With it all but proven that Trump was in cahoots with Russia, your arm flailing sounds like some pathetic animal in its death throes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You not seeing the evidence does not mean it doesn't exist.

This is the very early stage of the public outing of an attempted blackmail. You declaring evidence doesn't exist is pretty absurd. But, here you are...
    They're basically dishonest sea lions.

"SHOW ME PROOF"

"Ok here's video, audio, and a personal written statement by the person saying they did it."

"THAT'S NOT PROOF, SHOW ME REAL PROOF! THE DEMS PROBABLY FAKED IT ALL ANYWAY!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I did. I'm talking about his claims the NE is doing this for the Saudis. He has nothing to support that. I'm quite capable of reading the emails where, as I stated in the post (so how could you be confused) the NE said if Bezos doesn't retract his statement, they'll release the photos. It's sleazy, I'm not going to defend it. But accusing your adversary of being in bed with a foreign government is equally sleazy less you have actual evidence to support that. Bezos doesn't.
    There's email admitting the attempted blackmail when it comes to the overall crime.

When it comes to Saudi Arabia, Bezos's security expert is claiming the phone was compromised by a government entity. Which is odd given Pecker has a close relationship with Saudi Arabia, was the immediate recipient, involvement and similarities with the Scarborough blackmail, and Saudi Arabia purchased Pegasus and has been using it to spy on foreigners already.

- - - Updated - - -

Another note is that the brother of the woman involved in the affair was a close friend of many in Trump's orbit, including Roger Stone. Stone denied being involved with the hack before he was even asked and seemingly knew about the incident before it blew up, predicting he would be questioned about it soon.

So either way it was a political hit. Just a matter of who was behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    So either way it was a political hit.
    Wow. First Cohen, now this. The NE working with Trump to affect the election I can at least understand -- the election was a big deal. The NE working with Trump to blackmail someone over claims they worked with murdering dictator Saudi Arabia? Did they call in a favor? Because that's suicidal for Team Trump.