Poll: Which potential future Allied Race would you anticipate the most?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    None of these are appealing. I mean, there is no difference between Vulper and Hozen and if I have to make my choice between idiotic options, I would choose Hozen definitely.
    Hozen are rarely seen as a cute race.

Also the Vulpera are not just a walking joke (they have a culture at least), though they do have some Gnome-style characters (those that are actual walking jokes)

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator Garrus View Post
    While I agree Mok'Nathal should come for the Horde soon (I really hope so anyway), I doubt they will be taller than Tauren/Zanda Trolls. It would be too much of a hassle for current doors/buildings. If they come, they'll probably be on par with Tauren size.
    Thats big enough~ I do hope that they will use the female orc as the female form for the Mok'nathal, just alot more-.. thicker? Then the female KT.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I really hope we get Mok'Nathals, Horde needs a big hulking race.
    Tauren are as big if not bigger then Ogre's lore wise, it's one of those weirder things that happened to keep it from going bananas with model sizes. The current in game ones are about 8'10" while lore wise they should go up to 10' tall. In Warcraft 3, Cairne was about twice as tall as an Orc and those are not tiny either.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    Maybe because Ogre was misspelled in the poll.
    Oh come on, people know what he meant. It's not like he spelled it orgy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I suspect not many people want ogres as much as people claim...
    Of course I can't be certain, but it's possible their fans are a vocal minority. They're just a mix of what makes the other races less popular than humans/elves. People made a similar fuss over pandaren/goblins and they're both not very popular. Tbh I feel like a majority of players want prettier/cuter races and ogres can't properly compete with that unless they were given makeover/cool factor.

Even though I hate KT Humans, they are more appealing than ogres thematically/aesthetically. An ogre race would likely be a VE-like compromise if they gave them to us.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Orges are never going to be a thing, just like Naga will never be a thing.

Blizzard has already explained the numerous problems there are in making those a playable race, so just get over it already...
    I thought KT Human males used a variant of the Ogre skeleton. If thats the case then couldnt ogres happen?

Quote Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
    and what exactly is the difference? Some 1-10 story? Or that you actually need to play the game to get them?

Last races they did, worgen and goblin, didn't even get an accessible capital city or anything like that, and all that makes them different is the first 20 levels (of which only 10 are actually relevant, after that they go to old leveling zones).

Instead of 1-10 story, you get a story line to unlock them. And the last one i did, dark irons, was actually pretty lengthy, and quite a bit more fun then some 1-10 leveling in worgen-country.

And for the unlock ... If you actually played bfa at all, you'll get the 8.1.5 allied race for your faction basically for free. The requirements is something anyone that played for at least a month or maybe 2 should just have already.
    wrong. Stop spreading fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Honestly I suspect not many people want ogres as much as people claim...
    Of course I can't be certain, but it's possible their fans are a vocal minority. They're just a mix of what makes the other races less popular than humans/elves. People made a similar fuss over pandaren/goblins and they're both not very popular. Tbh I feel like a majority of players want prettier/cuter races and ogres can't properly compete with that unless they were given makeover/cool factor.

Even though I hate KT Humans, they are more appealing than ogres thematically/aesthetically. An ogre race would likely be a VE-like compromise if they gave them to us.
    Are you serious dude?

The three most requested races in game are:

Naga, High Elves, Ogres
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Sigh. The only ones I'd want at this juncture are Furbolg and Vulpera, and only the Vulpera seem likely.

Alliance could use Furbolg. They're naturally affiliated with the Alliance, they have a plausible home-base we haven't yet seen (timbermaw hold), their model could use some love, they're a tough beastial (and druidic) race, and with all the shit going down in Darkshore they'd be perfect allies for the Night Elves. But Blizzard doesn't like to do things that make sense, which is why we got AU orcs instead of Outland orcs, so it's unlikely this will ever happen.

Vulpera, at least, are virtually guaranteed. Their model is too detailed to not be intended to be playable, and the invasions in Vol'dun set up why they'd side with the Horde, as literal Alliance death squads are trying to wide them out.

I still want Sethrak, for lack of playable Naga ever being plausable and finding the race has a lot of interesting-in-theory lore and story threads.

Now if Blizzard would only decide to actually write around how interesting the tidbits of Sethrak culture we get are, but it's looking less and less likely.

None. I think that the Allied Race concept is one of the worst things they've ever added in this game.

I think that all races should be playable by anyone when they get released. For example, I was actually considering to play a Dark Ironw Dwarf, but by the time I actually managed to unlock them (like a month or so into the expansion), I got so fucking bored of this game that I actually quit and I never got to roll a DI dwarf. Also this system is heavily encouraging people to buy race changes.

As for the poll, I pick Ogres. They're the only proper race in this list. All the others either suck (like Vulpera and Sethrak) or they're yet another simple reskin of an already playable race that already got an allied race reskin. Like they could just add extra customisation options to existing races, which was the one thing that players were actually suggesting for like a decade (and it'd be alright if that was made something you can unlock)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-02-09 at 03:10 AM.

I would like to see Arakkoa, Sethrak and maybe some more trolls (forest trolls make the most sense, as they are the most different from Darkspear and Zandalari).

What I THINK we'll get, though, are Vulpera, Mechagnomes, Nazjatar fish people (which look like Jinyu) and Mok'nathal (pretty close to ogres). All of them probably in the last patch of BfA or as a bonus for buying whatever the next expansion is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Are you serious dude?

The three most requested races in game are:

Naga, High Elves, Ogres
    Echo chambers on forums aren't really reflective of the overall player base though. I'm merely asking if the demand/interest for a race like ogres is actually as high as people think it is, especially in comparison for other races.

For example, the VES are routinely ridiculed on this forum and many claim they are hated across the board/disliked. Yet they are the most popular Allied Race among players who unlocked these features. Who is to say that despite the badgering for ogres, more than 10% of players will actually use one? The trends of racial popularity are heavily biased towards aesthetically pleasing races despite people trying to argue otherwise.

So in reality I don't think most players would be interested in playing an ogre race as they are now/how they know them to be. I don't doubt them being desired by players, but I think if they were ever added they would be altered to be more appealing to everyone else. Hell even if they did a poll and 55% of players said they wanted them added, I doubt more than 10% would actually play one. I'm sure you'd see more players willing to play a halfbreed like Rexxar than a true ogre. There is a dissonance between the alleged demand and the actual popularity of races like this. So I'm curious if there are as many people who want them as some claim. More options are nice, but I'd rather it be filled by a race with greater appeal than to check boxes.

Delete allied races. Terrible.

For me, and yes I'm a roleplayer, the more allied race options the better. If the allied race or subrace is already an established member of the faction, they should be added. No questions asked. The allied races we have so far are awesome. I love them. However, I hope Blizzard doesn't forget the "OG allied races" we've all requested for years.

Where's the option for the ones that aren't time gated behind bs mechanics that are only there to try and milk subs?

Oh that's every MMORPG that isn't WoW....

When did the Furbolg tribes unify?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Naga have been a hostile race since Vanilla, have a design that makes several armor pieces incompatible, and can't ride mounts. You might as well just make a completely new race, because the amount of changes you'd need to make so they could be functional, technically wouldn't make them "Naga" anymore.
    If you did saw recent lore, you will know there is friendly naga, who rebel against azsharaa, and the ones who ally with illidan

They can do naga if they want and just hide the shoes, or make legs just in combat, there is lots of options anyway
    Orges are a giant 10-15 foot race,
    thats half wrong, ogres average size is 8ft not 10-15, but some of then could go to 25ft

And fun fact, taurens and zandalari are 10ft, do you see problem with then? no

would have countless clipping problems,
    they would not, if taurens do not, they would not have this problem
    and would create an even bigger problem than Tauren have when it comes to mounts.
    nop, same tauren size, no problems at all
    Then there's a problem with lore, and what orges would be playable.
    the only lore problem is ogres not being playable yet
    The ones originally friendly with the Horde are extremely few in numbers,
    what? what source is this? the stonemaul clan is huge, and have members even in Easter kingdoms, their only problem was with the black dragonflight in the past, but they numbers are not extremely low

and the other factions are extremely hostile to both Horde and Alliance.
    The dunemaul clan joined the horde back in cataclysm, and the others can be persuaded as well.

The ones from Draenor are also out of the question, because they're also hostile to both factions

That is again, incorrect, Many ogres came with the maghar orcs from Draenor with their quest-line scenario, they are already part of the horde and are doing their home here, so they are not hostile and are ready to be playable.

Unless they completely retcon the lore, shrink them down by half their size, completely redo the model to be more functional as a playable race, and create a whole new model for female, they're never going to be playable.
    the only thing they need to do is create a female model, and they can use the kul'tirans rig to do, and also use it to update the male model

and this shit can be easily done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Echo chambers on forums aren't really reflective of the overall player base though. I'm merely asking if the demand/interest for a race like ogres is actually as high as people think it is, especially in comparison for other races..
    They are, its not just forum echo chambers, the first race mostly people think should join the horde is ogres, many pools were made and ogre were always number 1 horde races, their fans are just not organized.

this just change now with the vulpera, and they are now 2, you can't compete with elves and furries

Still number 2 is a solid position, even with the lame mok'nathal supporters pushing then away.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-02-09 at 09:07 AM.

My option is missing: no more allied races in BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They are, its not just forum echo chambers, the first race mostly people think should join the horde is ogres, many pools were made and ogre were always number 1 horde races, their fans are just not organized.

this just change now with the vulpera, and they are now 2, you can't compete with elves and furries

Still number 2 is a solid position, even with the lame mok'nathal supporters pushing then away.
    That makes sense. Thanks for explaining since it's hard to always get an accurate take on community expectations/desires. It's why I like the wow statistic sites, because they paint an interesting picture.