Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Potential Activision Layoffs, Feb 8 Hotfixes, Holiday Rare Reward - Lvl 110 Required

Potential Activision Blizzard Layoffs Next Week
    Bloomberg is reporting that Activision is planning to cut hundreds of jobs next week.

Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to announce job cuts Tuesday in the face of slowing sales, according to people familiar with the matter, bringing fresh upheaval after spotty results roiled stocks this week. The shares dropped as much as 2.5 percent to $42.88 on Friday.

The layoffs, which could number in the hundreds, are part of a restructuring aimed at centralizing functions and boosting profit, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the changes haven’t been announced. Activision employed 9,800 people at the end of 2017.

The game maker, one of the largest in the world, acknowledged on a November conference call that some key titles, such as Overwatch and Hearthstone, were seeing flat or declining numbers of users. After disappointing sales of Destiny 2: Forsaken, the company parted ways with its developer, Bungie Inc., a move that could reduce annual revenue by as much as $400 million.

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 8, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Dungeons and Raids
    • Battle of Dazar’alor
      • Jadefire Masters
        • Marksmanship Hunters’ Trick Shots now correctly deal damages to Force.
      • Stormwall Blockade
        • Fixed a bug preventing Sister Katherine and Brother Joseph from correctly using Translocate if they were channeling Tidal or Storm's Empowerment.
        • Fixed a bug preventing some Voltaic Flash patterns from hitting players on the docks on Mythic difficulty.

Events
    • The most-rare item containers from holiday bosses, such as Big Love Rocket, now drop for player characters at level 110 or higher (was level 98).

Items

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Love is in the Air Rewards – Level Requirement
    The annual holiday, Love is in the Air, begins on February 12 and ends part way through the day on February 26. For this, we are applying a hotfix that makes it so only characters who are level 110 or higher will be eligible daily to receive the box that contains the most-rare items from this event’s bosses (for the last two years it’s been set to level 98). You will also see this reflected in the next official Hotfixes update post.

As a result of this, if you are hunting the Big Love Rocket you will want to get characters to at least level 110 for the event.

Good luck collection hunters!

is it still stupidly rare? You seem to be actively encouraging people to farm it on as many characters as possible which doesn’t strike me as a healthy gameplay habit to be encouraging.
    The drop rate hasn’t changed. We are aware of how some people push to farm it and wanted to avoid anybody feeling like there was a stealth change while we keep the availability focused on more active play. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Holiday Rewards – Level 110 Requirement
    Got some info back on this one, the Big Love Rocket mount will now only drop from the Heart-Shaped Box that players level 110 or higher receive from defeating The Crown Chemical Co.

(This will also be the case for Coren Direbrew and the Headless Horseman later this year.) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2019-02-09 at 05:35 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Time to make sure all my mount farming alts are 110

"is it still stupidly rare? You seem to be actively encouraging people to farm it on as many characters as possible which doesn’t strike me as a healthy gameplay habit to be encouraging."

Is this guy for real? Like is someone pointing he with a gun and say to farm it?

This is my surprise face;

Yeah, who didn't see this coming?

Blizzard has become a hasbeen of a company.

Real shame.

Wow not being mentiond as a game with decline. Rip doomsayers

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    whales keeping the game afloat with allied race changes.

Yay??? .......

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean is there any **GOOD** reason why it should only be obtainable by 110+ characters?

Or any holiday event boss that has a chance to drop a mount for that matter. Seems like a
    fucking stupid thing to keep considering the changes to mounts and riding skills over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    whales keeping the game afloat with allied race changes.

Yay??? .......
    Typical MMO C reader.

No prove , no source , just random speculations of things they think are true

Typical MMO C reader.

No prove , no source , just random speculations of things they think are true
    read the earning report calls. Allied races were a hit.

$25 a pop for a simple code change. Isnt hard to work out rofl

Seems like MMO-C has adapted the youtubers way of getting readers to the their page.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I mean is there any **GOOD** reason why it should only be obtainable by 110+ characters?

Or any holiday event boss that has a chance to drop a mount for that matter. Seems like a
    fucking stupid thing to keep considering the changes to mounts and riding skills over the years.
    Lazy or busy people with money might pay for a boost to farm it faster? That's the only reason I can possibly think of.

They don’t mention WOW cuz it died with WoD.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    They don’t mention WOW cuz it died with WoD.

LOL
    It died with the release of BGs
    It died in tbc
    It died in woltk
    It died in cata
    It died in mop
    It died in Wod
    It died in legion
    It is dying in bfa

We can start calling wow sylvanas as often as it dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should try making good games?

I find it kind of funny how WoW is never mentioned in any articles written about Blizzard Activision's financial performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    Maybe they should try making good games?
    Battle royal mode coming to all Blizz games.

Don't worry guys, the Activision shills are here to tell you that subs are higher than ever and anybody that disagrees are mentally ill and in the minority...

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who will lose job? Ofc HOTS team.

This is evident in the plummet in sub numbers. They don't need to (and likely never would) speak on it's decline. My friends list isn't a scientific study by any means, but when BFA launched I had about 20 people on at all times. Now I have 1 or 2 in an entire day.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Don't worry guys, the Activision shills are here to tell you that subs are higher than ever and anybody that disagrees are mentally ill and in the minority...
    Because blindly spreading lies and hating on something without source and prove is reasonable ?

While I hate Arena at the moment ( thanks holinka) i still don’t rush to conclusions like most people here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    This is evident in the plummet in sub numbers. They don't need to (and likely never would) speak on it's decline. My friends list isn't a scientific study by any means, but when BFA launched I had about 20 people on at all times. Now I have 1 or 2 in an entire day.
    When Bfa launched I had 1-3 . Now I have 20