Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Because blindly spreading lies and hating on something without source and prove is reasonable ?

While I hate Arena at the moment ( thanks holinka) i still don’t rush to conclusions like most people here

- - - Updated - - -

When Bfa launched I had 1-3 . Now I have 20
    Do you have proof of that increase in your friends list?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Do you have proof of that increase in your friends list?
    It wasn’t a serious statement , it was to show how bad of a source something like that is . And you supported this with your comment, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the apparent belt tightening, Activision Blizzard saw fit to award its new chief financial officer, Dennis Durkin, a bonus worth $15 million for accepting the job, on top of his $900,000 salary and $1.35 million target bonus. Analysts expect Activision's sales to slide by about two percent for the year, to $7.28 billion.
    I've been watching too much MadMen, Blizzard being Sterling Cooper and Activision being Puttnam, Powell, and Lowe.

It wasn’t a serious statement , it was to show how bad of a source something like that is . And you supported this with your comment, thanks
    Since we have no honest source from Activision, anecdotal evidence in quantity is more believable than the same old seeds of doubt.

Since we have no honest source from Activision, anecdotal evidence in quantity is more believable than the same old seeds of doubt.
    That sounds like a excuse to hate on the game. Imagine if we use the same anecdote for classic releases and call it a failure

Wow not being mentiond as a game with decline. Rip doomsayers
    or they chose not to mention it cuz it will be even more disastrous

member they stopped showing active sub during warlords because it had a massive decline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling numbers out of your arse and beliveable. Now thats a good one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Remember when people use to say nothing can kill WoW?, lol looks like Activision not only killed WoW but multiple IPs.

The moment you locked basic MMORPG stuff like new races in Legion and in BFA with time gated mechanics along side trying your pathetic attempt at milking subs. This is what corporate greed gets you, a nice wait in the un employment line.

all this "tightening" while strangling their golden goose that is WOW .. from billions a year to this.. something has to give at blizzard. this is a sign of a company going under. and they have no one to blame but thier own arrogance.

Hopefully they get rid of Ion and Josh. Two under-qualified idiots who ignore feedback and concerns of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Guess who will lose job? Ofc HOTS team.
    If the WoW team is only, in Ion's words, "around 180 people" then the hots team was never that large in the first place. With them using the term "hundreds" of people being laid off, it's very likely that many people from EVERY franchise will be losing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds believable enough. When you are answerable to stake holders just making profit isn't enough anymore, decreasing levels of profit nomatter how well the business performs is still seen as a "loss".

The gaming industry is long over due a crash 'n burn reminiscent of the early/mid 80's, but that doesn't mean I like the idea of people losing their jobs, least of all those who are basically front line minions without a parachute (unlike those near the top), even if I have concept disagreements with the directions they take.

Typical MMO C reader.

No prove , no source , just random speculations of things they think are true
    I mean, he's right though. When an allied race is released token prices skyrocket, when token prices skyrocket Blizzard is making money. People can say "lol I'm spending gold for it" but the reality is someone spent $20 on that token for you to get $15. The same thing applies too when a store mount or pet is released, the token prices skyrocket and this is fact with evidence in the history of token prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I wonder if Ion is among those getting sacked. He really should be

centralizing functions
    Does that mean centralization on company level or on team levels? Removing some useless HR might be beneficial but I'm rather worried if that could mean bringing Activision and Blizzard closer.

I rather wish the love rocket drop chance would be boosted up to the same 1% levels as the rest of the festive vanity mounts as a vanity mount is all it is at this point. The rationale behind its microscopic drop rate owes itself back to the era in which it was released where getting it automatically awarded you 310% mount speed skill, a pretty big deal at the time when the skill could not be bought and only earned through incredible gaming feats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hopefully they get rid of Ion and Josh. Two under-qualified idiots who ignore feedback and concerns of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

If the WoW team is only, in Ion's words, "around 180 people" then the hots team was never that large in the first place. With them using the term "hundreds" of people being laid off, it's very likely that many people from EVERY franchise will be losing people.
    Yep but keep in mind, yesterday Kaeo Milker maked post on HOTS forums. Familiar thing was happend with Paragon promising good 2018 for game, and we know how it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    read the earning report calls. Allied races were a hit.

$25 a pop for a simple code change. Isnt hard to work out rofl
    They have even consistently said that revenue is flat because of the store in the face of declining numbers, which I cannot say is something I feel wonderful about.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    They have even consistently said that revenue is flat because of the store in the face of declining numbers, which I cannot say is something I feel wonderful about.
    they just got $9000 alone from one guild transfer (limit) im sure they're doing fine.

Hosting WoW servers isnt as expensive as people think
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why post such news :P honestly you know the kind of awesome replies this will get(and has gotten already).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Do you honestly believe Ion and Josh are all to blame? They are just 2 guys part of the much larger team. Blaming them for everything is completely ignorant.