Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    What you are sure of doesn’t matter. Statistics say it’s doing well
    Please link those statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    lol says who. EU has more than that alone, and NA 100% has more than that. you kid trolls picking numbers out of no where’s.
    Pretty much doubt that WoW has ~ 2 million EU subs. The major playerbase in Europe is based on Germans and most German realms are low.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    fucking idiots. how have layoffs ever achieved anything? the games have not enough devs as it is, why take more away? company will never recover.

how can blizzard let activision do that to them?

Layoffs??? Pretty sure this is the first time in history for something like this to occur. What's next?? Car manufacturers laying people off too?? We need the Donald to come save us all.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You literally just did the same thing...
    Not picking numbers out of no where, I’m not stating any numbers either. I’m just simply saying the subs aren’t lower than that in either retrospective region, or that they’re not any lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Wow not being mentiond as a game with decline. Rip doomsayers
    The report of sales comes from the Q3 2018, which included the Battle for Azeroth release so naturally they wouldn't have negative things to say about WoW at that time.

Q4 will be much more interesting, if they don't mention WoW at all (unlikely) that means it is very stagnant and not considered worth discussing. THey never discuss WoW to great detail at these calls though now that they don't show sub numbers.

However you don't need to be an expert to see that WoW is in shart decline. The 6-month sub mount, two store mounts already this year, the cheeky placement of 8.1.5 to get people to sub for another month for the 2nd half of one patch.

Not to mention any graph or metric you can find online from google trends to Website popularity graphs show a sharp decline, under anything pre-BFA.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    fucking idiots. how have layoffs ever achieved anything? the games have not enough devs as it is, why take more away? company will never recover.

how can blizzard let activision do that to them?
    Because they’re the same company, that’s why. The thing is, WoW can provide for itself from sub subscriptions and expansions etc. I can’t see them cutting much, if any, from Blizzard’s biggest cash cow. They’ll start from the bottom up, so WoW won’t see that much of a cut I don’t think.

Shithead devs deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The report of sales comes from the Q3 2018, which included the Battle for Azeroth release so naturally they wouldn't have negative things to say about WoW at that time.

Q4 will be much more interesting, if they don't mention WoW at all (unlikely) that means it is very stagnant and not considered worth discussing. THey never discuss WoW to great detail at these calls though now that they don't show sub numbers.

However you don't need to be an expert to see that WoW is in shart decline. The 6-month sub mount, two store mounts already this year, the cheeky placement of 8.1.5 to get people to sub for another month for the 2nd half of one patch.

Not to mention any graph or metric you can find online from google trends to Website popularity graphs show a sharp decline, under anything pre-BFA.
    Yes, they very well may be for one region. Most of WoWs sub base from China, so if both regions (EU and NA) had 1.9 million subs that would be about 4 million subs for the western world and if you say China had like 3 million that would be 7 Million WW (more successful than WoD)

That is definitely not the case. EU/NA both having about 1-1.3 Million subs would make sense with China being about 2.5 million.

Yes these numbers are pulled out of no where but given the obvious state of decline the game is in it is not at all far fetched to say WoW has about 5M subs right now if not less.

I am not sure if Blizzard factors China into their monthly subs that they use to show back in the day as they pay differently, but I would assume they did.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Overwatch hasnt received any meaningful updates for a long time, the direction a lot of heroes took was total garbage, holiday events are recycled and boring, and the community has all but given up. They need to start putting effort into making it fun again. They have an amazing ESports scene with Overwatch, I want to be invested in this game I really do, but its hard to enjoy.

I enjoyed Legion as a casual player at times, but I feel like if I have to buy the expansion at the end when everything isnt gated, then the game probably has issues. I found myself subscribing for a month and playing barely a week of it. I know Im not hardcore PvP / PvE-ing anymore but that shouldnt really matter. The quality of content has dipped for me, compounded with a barely lingering community has completely torn my interest away from BFA.

Im pretty excited for Vanilla but again not sure when thats coming, all in all I think Blizzard has to take a look at itself and reaffirm what their core values were at the start, and what led them to redesign every genre they touched into amazing timeless games.
    I'm sorry, what did you say? I can't hear you from a top that massive tower soapbox you're standing on. Why don't you come down here with the rest of us who live in 2019, and understand that 2005 WoW Game design was bad.

I for one would pay hearthstone again if they stopped gouging the crap out of us. It's by far the most expensive game for me to play. I realize the irony considering it's ftp but either I'm ponying up or such with garbage decks. Don't have the time to earn packs, I'd pay a subscription to have access to all cards but not own them. There's no motivation for me to buy digital cards that become next to worthless once the set cycles out.

As for overwatch, lack of creativity culminating in a shallow esport focused game.

Diablo outsourced, this one is huge to me. I know they outsourced hellfire and even d1 was a team that was later integrated, but this is different. They're trading away their values for money and it's sad.

Bfa is kind of a hot mess, nuff said.

It's not a huge wonder things are kind of flat over there. I work in software and I've seen this happen time after time, they'll cut support and management roles and expect the same results. Drop bonuses, cut benefits etc....

Blizzard is going to be just fine but it's sad to see this happening to them.

MMO-C, always 2 days late for every news directly relevant to the game, but really quick when it's come to some rumors about the parent company. Got to keep the hater traffic strong look the good cesspool you are.

This is pretty stupid move coming from Activision cutting jppl off from jobs over money. Fucking pure greed right there. I don't understand why raise the req for getting mount from 98 to 110. Pretty Moronic move idc their excuses.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't surprise me that Hearthstone is tanking. Hearthstone just became a cash grab with too rapid content updates. By the time I'd have the cards I wanted and had my deck tweaked the way I wanted - bam, all new cards. I just stopped altogether.

Serves them right... for being greedy...

After disappointing sales of Destiny 2: Forsaken, the company parted ways with its developer, Bungie Inc., a move that could reduce annual revenue by as much as $400 million.
    Hmmm, maybe don't break up the core game into 3 paid DLCs that end up costing 3x retail of the launched game? Oh, also... don't wait over a year to actually release a patch that makes the game good.

maybe one day blizzard will understand that activision is really not good for them and just break the alliance, but i think its too late, activision already put all their pawn in blizzar hq while the real blizzard employee who cared for it already left the sunken ship

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets hope that those fired will make their own gaming company. (if they get fired)

And hope they go the bullfrog way (2 point hospital) and not wildstar way.

I'll wait and see exactly what happens on the Blizzard end before I start thowing my shit.

But, if this end up affecting Blizz in any moderate capacity, I'll be waving my "I told you so" banner. I've been saying for years that Activision has their claws sunk deep into Blizz and has ruined the company. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

Kaplan save us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The toxic nature of people here is almost fascinating to watch, almost like watching a wildlife documentary how single minded you are.

The ones here almost wanting to see all this go under, to see wow die or the company collapse, because 'Hurr, Dey Greedy, Dey Deserve it!", do you understand how fucking stupid you all sound?

The person that have caused this decline leader to them firing hundreds of workers, if wow or activision goes under, the ones who caused it won't care, because they will be sitting pretty, they will still be making money and transferring themselves into new money making schemes.
    Meanwhile, the actual hard workers in blizzard will out of jobs, and everything they worked on to keep this boat afloat will be for nothing, all the work they put into this, their be without means anymore, unlike the people at the top who made these decisions.

Also, MMOC won't have a presence anymore, because despite this websites attempt to include other platforms, the very structure of this website is built upon wow's popularity, the other games are just side projects. So if wow's gone, this site will die the same death.