Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    Bro, velen is equal to ARCHIMONDE and KIL JAEDEN. some of the greatest threats that we ever faced.

velen would turn talanji into dust, make tyrande implode in holy light and kill anduin with a melee hit.
    No... no he isnt.... not even close

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    No matter the narrative, character, whatever Blizz says, some people always say "Anduin is (becoming) a paladin!". I think they just need their Arthas fix.

On topic... Have we seen Velen be offensive/destructive with using the light? All I remember is more protective/restorative stuff.
    Plenty of times. A good example is in the Kil'jaeden cutscene.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Velen could 1v4 them with little difficulty. A better fight would be Velen vs Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If Talanji is supported by Bwonsamdi, it is fair to assume she is quite powerful.

I'd argue that Velen is the strongest, but it's debatable. His staff which presumably was a source of at least some of his power is no longer his to utilize, really, as he used it to power the Vindicaar.

Tyrande has always been very strong and has a more diverse set of abilities than exclusively priest ones... but it's hard to say where she would place, especially after her transformation.

Anduin is the weakest of these, but would probably be on par Talanji if we exclude Bwonsamdi's support. Anduin is simply young and inexperienced, but even then, he is not weak or helpless.

I feel like we should also keep Moira as an honorable mention. She'd likely be at least as powerful as Anduin, but without martial training.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to touch on this. Anduin is a priest in plate armor. He does not use paladin abilities in any shape or form. He simply is a priest with some warrior training from dad. For crying out loud, he's literally listed as the primary priest character in Hearthstone, even...

This is no stranger than Thrall when he was a shaman in plate armor with his own warrior training, though he eventually decided to go full-shaman. Even now, though, he still wears Orgrim's plate armor. ...but I digress.
    Anduin used a light hammer to kill a dreadlord. That is a paladin ability
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Anduin used a light hammer to kill a dreadlord. That is a paladin ability
    A light hammer? What? I don't recall Anduin ever doing this. Do you mean a sword?

A light hammer? What? I don't recall Anduin ever doing this. Do you mean a sword?
    Did you not read the comic?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Did you not read the comic?
    Huh, it is a hammer. I knew which comic you were referring to, but I don't recall it being hammer that he slew the dreadlord with.

It's certainly an oddity as I think this is the closest thing to a 'paladin ability' Anduin has ever used. It doesn't change the fact that Blizzard has blatantly corrected people calling him a paladin as being a priest in plate... which I'll be honest, is fairly nonsensical. A priest in plate might as well just be a paladin even if there is a mild difference. But unless Blizzard decided to change that, he will remain a 'priest in plate'.

While I don't disagree that Velen is powerful, that cutscene isn't an example, though. Velen didn't use his holy power to make Kil'Jaeden explode, if you are thinking that was the case. Kil'Jaeden was going to explode in a massive Fel explosion by himself, Velen was just making a normal, non-magical gesture to show that, while the two have been in conflict since KJ joined Sargeras, Velen was willing make peace with the former in his final moments for all the good times they had before. There wasn't any sign that holy power were involved there (there definitely wasn't any holy light, for that matter). That was why, after we left and moment before he exploded, KJ contently closed his eyes and accepted his death.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-02-09 at 06:32 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I think that's more of a comforting touch, not exactly a "I forgive you" but a "There there" instead of "Yeah, you're right. I am indeed awesome. You die now.". I'm sure KJ was going to die anyway but maybe I'm wrong and it is kind of a mercy kill, accelerating the process...

That did remind me what he did to Talgath though, that was obviously offensive and destructive.
    Last edited by laplacedemon; 2019-02-09 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    While I don't disagree that Velen is powerful, that cutscene isn't an example, though. Velen didn't use his holy power to make Kil'Jaeden explode, if you are thinking that was the case. Kil'Jaeden was going to explode in a massive Fel explosion by himself, Velen was just making a normal, non-magical gesture to show that, while the two have been in conflict since KJ joined Sargeras, Velen was willing make peace with the former in his final moments for all the good times they had before. There wasn't any sign that holy power were involved there (there definitely wasn't any holy light, for that matter).
    yeah, I agree.

why didn't Archimonde explode though???

that was such a stupid death scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah, I agree.

why didn't Archimonde explode though???
    Whether they'd explode upon death or not is probably on a case-by-case basis. For example, Mannoroth exploded the two times he was killed by Grom and AU Grom, but didn't when he was killed by us.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Whether they'd explode upon death or not is probably on a case-by-case basis. For example, Mannoroth exploded the two times he was killed by Grom and AU Grom, but didn't when he was killed by us.
    he was reanimated iirc.

then again, Mannoroth is a meme so they didn't put much thought on it

Archimonde should have died with an epic explosion.

or they had to be struck in certain parts of their body.

Talanji has the power of bwonsamdi

Velen tells Tyrande and Anduin to sit the fuck down, then blows up Talanji with a single spell(yeah Eredar are strong as fuck). His light probably deals more damage now that Talanji is linked to death loa Bwonsamdi. Afterward he takes all Talanji's gold.

"Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Velen tells Tyrande and Anduin to sit the fuck down, then blows up Talanji with a single spell(yeah Eredar are strong as fuck). His light probably deals more damage now that Talanji is linked to death loa Bwonsamdi. Afterward he takes all Talanji's gold.

Nice fanfic you got there. Too bad Velens entire career was either about running away or doing nothing.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-02-09 at 10:43 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Nice fanfic you got there. Too bad Velens entire career was either about running away or doing nothing.
    The thread's premise is a hypothetical situation....... Undeath is weak to light. That is a fact. So much so that even being healed by the light causes undead extreme pain. Bwonsamdi's power comes from the realm of death. And Talanji is now bound to him. I also used to word "probably" for a reason you know. Eredar are extremely powerful, more powerful than Zandalari. That is why Sargeras used them as his top commanders. Velen's entire character arc in Legion was about finally taking action. Did you skip Legion or something? You know, where Velen, Illidan, Khadgar, the draenei, AoTL and the class order halls take the fight to the Legion's homebase? That's literally the opposite of running away or doing nothing.

While I don't disagree that Velen is powerful, that cutscene isn't an example, though. Velen didn't use his holy power to make Kil'Jaeden explode, if you are thinking that was the case. Kil'Jaeden was going to explode in a massive Fel explosion by himself, Velen was just making a normal, non-magical gesture to show that, while the two have been in conflict since KJ joined Sargeras, Velen was willing make peace with the former in his final moments for all the good times they had before. There wasn't any sign that holy power were involved there (there definitely wasn't any holy light, for that matter). That was why, after we left and moment before he exploded, KJ contently closed his eyes and accepted his death.
    I'm not sure. But Blizzard probably would have exaggerated it if it had been holy power that killed him off, so you may be correct.

Either way, the entire Legion campaign had Velen grow from wanting to save Argus, to wanting to destroy its soul to save Azeroth. He was very aggressive there, both in tactics and in his combat style.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I think that's more of a comforting touch, not exactly a "I forgive you" but a "There there" instead of "Yeah, you're right. I am indeed awesome. You die now.". I'm sure KJ was going to die anyway but maybe I'm wrong and it is kind of a mercy kill, accelerating the process...

That did remind me what he did to Talgath though, that was obviously offensive and destructive.
    What makes me assume that is what he did to Velen through Talgath. But as mentioned above, it's true that there was no obvious holy power used so it may have simply been a gesture after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The thread's premise is a hypothetical situation....... Undeath is weak to light. That is a fact. So much so that even being healed by the light causes undead extreme pain. Bwonsamdi's power comes from the realm of death. And Talanji is now bound to him. I also used to word "probably" for a reason you know.
    Thank goodness that Talanji isn't undead then. And she is capable of calling for aid of all Loa that are native to Zandalar.

Eredar are extremely powerful, more powerful than Zandalari. That is why Sargeras used them as his top commanders.
    And they were almost wiped out by orcs. Path of glory the most powerful pavement ever!

Velen's entire character arc in Legion was about finally taking action. Did you skip Legion or something? You know, where Velen, Illidan, Khadgar, the draenei, AoTL and the class order halls take the fight to the Legion's homebase? That's literally the opposite of running away or doing nothing.
    He had to act because Legion already reached them. But in Cataclysm he was already contemplating to run away again! The only reason why he decided to stay was that he realised that Azerothians are strong enough and it's wiser to stick with them.
    Absolutely fantastic that it only took 25 thousands years of running away and hiding and a personal loss of his own son That made him act.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Velen stomps, probably could take all 3 at once tbqh with you he's god tier.

The only one he'd have trouble with is Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Thank goodness that Talanji isn't undead then. And she is capable of calling for aid of all Loa that are native to Zandalar.

And they were almost wiped out by orcs. Path of glory the most powerful pavement ever!

He had to act because Legion already reached them. But in Cataclysm he was already contemplating to run away again! The only reason why he decided to stay was that he realised that Azerothians are strong enough and it's wiser to stick with them.
    Absolutely fantastic that it only took 25 thousands years of running away and hiding and a personal loss of his own son That made him act.
    She not undead but her blood is now bound to a demigod of death. That has to have some effect on her.

The path of glory was because the Draenei are normally pacifist. In this hypotheical situation that doesn't matter. So it's a bad argument to rely on. The Eredar were the ones who used the orcs like tools anyway. Bringing up the path of glory doesn't make the Eredar as a whole look bad. Only the pacifist ways of the Draenei. Which have now been changed thanks to Legion's storyline. You got nothing.

So what? He changed his ways because of the events of Legion. Doesn't matter how or why, all that matters is that it did happen. Sargeras himself found the Eredar powerful, smart, and gifted in all kinds of magic enough to choose them to lead his armies. Sargeras, you know the guy who easily cleaves planets in two. Talanji has the Loa. Velen has the Naaru. Velen's race has way more feats than the Zandalari could ever hope to achieve. A random Eredar warlock has the power to destroy a planet as stated in Velen's short story. And even Kil'jaeden respected and was always envious of Velen. Talanji doesn't stand a chance against him. Zandalar would have imploded if the horde adventurers didn't babysit the Zandalari. Using the PC's actions against Velen doesn't mean much. What is more powerful, the Burning Legion, destroyers of countless worlds, Or random blood troll and a discount old god? LMAO.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-02-10 at 04:27 AM.