15+ Year Old Account
    Giants/Jets playing in Jersey is usually the go-to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Territorial rights is a new one for me........a franchise can block other franchises from playing nearby?
    Correct, it can be overturned by a vote of 30 or more owners, but this hasn't happened, ever.

Also Santa Clara is a different county than San Fran, they're both considered parts of the Bay Area, but it's not a suburb of it.

It's just amusing to refer to them as the Santa Clara 49ers when San Francisco's mayor believes the Raiders should play in Oakland because of their name.

I think the San Francisco mayor is saying they should play in Oakland because there's a team that represents SF already.

My sister lived in SF, in the Mission, for like 8 years. Recently, she moved to Oakland. She moved 20 minutes away from her old place. They're not far to begin with, yet there's a weird, prideful distinction between its inhabitants.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who suffered through McAfee's awful commentary in week 17, good news. He's signed to do commentary in wrestling instead.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Falcons have cut CB Robert Alford. Dead cap; $1.2m. Cap Savings; $7.9m

This was...expected. Dude just did not play well this year, in fact I think he was one of the worst performing CBs in the entire year. Allowed the most yards of all corners I think. He had some great moments in our history, the pick 6 in the superbowl too name one. Walk off pick 6 against Washington in OT too name another. But we need cap savings and this needed too happen. Hope he gets a new starting position somewhere else though. Just not in the NFCSouth.
    Real story was cutting Matt Bryant.

Falcons' PPG is going to fall by at least 25% YOY. Book it.

No more Bryant to make something out of drives that end in a wet fart past the opponent's 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Zac Taylor hired Jim Turner, the O-line coach for the dolphins during the bullygate scandal.

I don't care for that as much as I do for the fact that Turner hasn't produced any quality NFL linemen that I know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Real story was cutting Matt Bryant.

Falcons' PPG is going to fall by at least 25% YOY. Book it.

No more Bryant to make something out of drives that end in a wet fart past the opponent's 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Zac Taylor hired Jim Turner, the O-line coach for the dolphins during the bullygate scandal.

I don't care for that as much as I do for the fact that Turner hasn't produced any quality NFL linemen that I know of.
    Yeah well that happened the day after Robert. I love $$$ Bryant, but had a 3 million dollar cap hit, he's gonna be 44 before the next season starts and he had injuries last season.

We have Giorgio Tavecchio 'Italian Ice', much younger and cheaper and went 5/5 with a 50, and 56 yarder FGS and 8/8 on PATS last season with the Falcons. I hate too see Bryant go but we really need cap space. We gotta pay Grady and Julio for a start. Hopefully Vic gets cut real soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #Vikings finalized their coaching staff, including the addition of Gary Kubiak’s right hand man Rick Dennison as O-line coach and run-game coordinator. Marwan Maalouf is special teams coordinator and Drew Petzing goes from assistant QBs to WRs coach." - Rapoport

So in the end Kubiak DID get all his old cronies on the job in Minnesota. You have to wonder just how much influence the Vikings OC really has on his own team after this and how much he's calling the shots.

Rick Dennison, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Rick Dennison, lol.
    Being Kubiak's clipboard holder has paid off pretty well for him. Too bad it is bad for the players he coaches.

Rick Dennison turned our top 10 offense to a bottom 2 offense........with the same players. He refused to adjust his system to Tyrod Taylor (who QBed that top 10 offense the year before), and Tyrod crashed and burned, and everyone blamed it on Tyrod, when he was a Pro-Bowler the year before under a different coach's system.

This is with one of the better RBs in a system with a guy who is supposedly good at running the ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo, any of you other football addicts checking out the AAF tonight? First games of the season.

Going to look at teams and shit right now trying to figure out if there's a team I want to support. Always more interesting with a rooting interest.

We'll see if it can capture my interest for these cold, empty week-ends in February.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sooooo, any of you other football addicts checking out the AAF tonight? First games of the season.

Going to look at teams and shit right now trying to figure out if there's a team I want to support. Always more interesting with a rooting interest.

We'll see if it can capture my interest for these cold, empty week-ends in February.
    I won't be able to this weekend but I do plan on checking it out next week. Football is football, hell I miss the arena league being on TV for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a team in Birmingham so that's a thing. Won't be able to watch any anyway since I work weekends, so I doubt I'll bother. They have Trent Richardson though. I'm betting that's not a coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. I'm an honorary Texan now, supporting the San Antonio Commanders in the AAF.

The only team that spoke to me, cause San Antonio is the home town of Shea Serrano, and Shea is cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    If really bad o line play is your thing, the AAF is for you.

Not bad so far, otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    If really bad o line play is your thing, the AAF is for you.

Not bad so far.
    Not sure what game you are watching, but it's true for the San Diego Fleet at San Antonio Commanders game. Blitzing = winning it seems, but despite that a good drive just now by Commanders.

Early season is always hard on O-lines so not entirely unexpected. Also these are all basically expansion teams with no time spent playing together, that must make the O-line communication and familiarity pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure what game you are watching, but it's true for the San Diego Fleet at San Antonio Commanders game. Blitzing = winning it seems, but despite that a good drive just now by Commanders.

Early season is always hard on O-lines so not entirely unexpected. Also these are all basically expansion teams with no time spent playing together, that must make the O-line communication and familiarity pretty terrible.
    Its certainly watchable, unlike what college has become.

All I've seen on Twitter is some big hit on the QB that got his helmet knocked off and all the cretins drooling over how there was no flag for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was a very watchable first half of football. I can get used to this. Now time for my beautysleep though, cause I'm not fucking up my sleepschedule for this (yet!).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying it out. Can't be much worse than what the NFL has been. If there are less commercials so the game doesn't last 4 hours even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.