Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Guess who will lose job? Ofc HOTS team.
    Pretty much. The fact they shut down professional play and known names are moving off the project this is likely the case.

I have never seen Blizzard extend a holiday event 6-7 weeks beyond the norm before the toy event. Yes, it was a great idea and well executed IMHO but damn were they practically giving away loot boxes. So, bad revenue model but very happy players.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    maybe one day blizzard will understand that activision is really not good for them and just break the alliance, but i think its too late, activision already put all their pawn in blizzar hq while the real blizzard employee who cared for it already left the sunken ship
    Jesus fucking christ man do you not understand that there is nothing to break? There is no blizzard, and there is no activision, it's just activision-blizzard, a fully separate yet in possession of all activision/blizzard IP's entity.

There is no breaking away.

I bet fat shit Kotick doesn't get a pay cut though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean, he's right though. When an allied race is released token prices skyrocket, when token prices skyrocket Blizzard is making money. People can say "lol I'm spending gold for it" but the reality is someone spent $20 on that token for you to get $15. The same thing applies too when a store mount or pet is released, the token prices skyrocket and this is fact with evidence in the history of token prices.
    Not even once I have seen token prices drastically go up when a new allied race came.

Same for the mounts. Pig released, token price not even moved. In fact, it dropped about 5K in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I've been watching too much MadMen, Blizzard being Sterling Cooper and Activision being Puttnam, Powell, and Lowe.
    I haven't watched that serie/movie, can you explain the comparison
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

austerity makes things worst

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Not even once I have seen token prices drastically go up when a new allied race came.

Same for the mounts. Pig released, token price not even moved. In fact, it dropped about 5K in EU.
    https://wowtokenprices.com/extended-history

Take another look, every time a mount or pet released in the last 90 days the prices jumped and ramped up before falling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Do you honestly believe Ion and Josh are all to blame? They are just 2 guys part of the much larger team. Blaming them for everything is completely ignorant.
    Ion and Josh are at least 80% to blame. Being Game Director Ion has the final say of where resources are allocated and where manpower goes towards development. Being head of Community Services and Relations Josh is to blame for bad feedback and lack of actual problems/bugs being fixed when many issues are on the forums, but never get fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

wishing the downfall of activision or blizzard is crazy. you want to hurt the executives that you blame for the games not being the way you like. but they already made their millions/billions and if it went down tomorrow will just go home to their mansions and count their money. the only people you actually will hurt are the working joes with familys and bills.

I feel for anyone affected by this, of course.

That said, Activision stonewalled and thought their consumers were idiots. Kinda happy to see their thinking backfired on them.

Bottom Line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxZofbMGpM

This is what happens when decisions are made by marketing instead of creators, and it's what has been happening in both Activision and Blizzard franchises for the last 5 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Since we have no honest source from Activision, anecdotal evidence in quantity is more believable than the same old seeds of doubt.
    I have 30-40 people on every night, sometimes even more. Not really sure how that relates to the game being good or bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I'm sorry, what did you say? I can't hear you from a top that massive tower soapbox you're standing on. Why don't you come down here with the rest of us who live in 2019, and understand that 2005 WoW Game design was bad.
    Hehe, love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Stop gating allied races behind rep grinds and maybe people won't stop playing.
    I don't mind allied races being gated behind rep grinds. Craptastic time gates, however, are another story -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I don't mind allied races being gated behind rep grinds. Craptastic time gates, however, are another story -_-
    They should really not make old content into current relevant content. I'd be happy if we just got a long epic quest and get the legion and older allied races, with the option of having those rep and achievements to unlock the bonus quest to reward their mounts as an incentive to keep the rep going.
    Last edited by Hyeonh; 2019-02-15 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It sounds believable enough. When you are answerable to stake holders just making profit isn't enough anymore, decreasing levels of profit nomatter how well the business performs is still seen as a "loss".
    This is what a lot of casual joes on the street don't seem to grasp. The investing world demands revenue/profit growth.

Almost nobody buys a stock at $50 and is content for it to remain there or to very slowly go up to say $52 in 2-3 years.

This creates an unreasonable and unhealthy fixation on growing profits constantly. If a company makes $1 billion in profit one year, and it falls to $800 million profit the next year, that shouldn't be a disaster, but in the investing world it is.

Constant growth is clearly unsustainable but it's the singular demand of the market. That's why public companies are never are content to be where they are at and succeed. It's not a healthy situation but it's how much of the investing world works sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Not surprised HS is losing players. So boring cards lately! And packs are expensive as fuck! I know I won't buy any more packs myself.
    The online collectible card game genre grew to be a bubble that burst. None of the online card games have been doing well. I was playing Elder Scrolls Legends for awhile, it all but died. Gwent was supposed to be a big deal, it never went anywhere. Artifact was completely dead on arrival. And Hearthstone has been shrinking rapidly the past 12-18 months.

Obviously there is still a large community that plays Hearthstone, but it pales in comparison to what it was. HS became the "it" game for 2 years or so for streamers and e-sports but nothing lasts forever. The online card game genre will persist but in a much smaller space.

Maybe don't pay your executives millions of dollars in bonuses if you also need to lay off hundreds of workers?

I don't understand why Activision-Blizzard is trying to beat out EA for scummiest gaming company, but I think they're starting to pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    Maybe they should try making good games?
    tbh its not about that, its more like corporate greed. They are making a killing in $$$ its just their stockholders/board want more and more and more.

on companies like that its always each year has to be more $. If you make 20% profit last year next year you need 30% if you stay at 20% they start thinking the product is not good, if you go to 15% oh no we need to do budget cuts and fire people... thats literally corporate greed, even though they are making too much money on profit each year its never enough.
    Last edited by tratra; 2019-02-09 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    That sounds like a excuse to hate on the game. Imagine if we use the same anecdote for classic releases and call it a failure
    Sure. If all the servers end up Low Pop like today’s live servers and people report that their friends came back and promptly quit then go for it.

Blizz desperately now start needs to think about the future and really start to think about creating the next best thing or its gonna be another dead games studio that had its day.

Wow isnt gonna last forever and neither is the nostalgia that blizz is banking on what with classic and Wc3 reforged.

HS is almost dead and Fortnite sounds like it has given overwatch a run for its money popularity wise.

Without a new next best thing then Blizz will be gone within 10 years and i say that without any joy or satisfaction.

f*ck activision. when you go back to making games for gamers, you'll see it's a whole better market and experience.
    blizzard doesn't need this backbone. separate already. should have never let them be a part of this franchise.