Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm not sure. But Blizzard probably would have exaggerated it if it had been holy power that killed him off, so you may be correct.

Either way, the entire Legion campaign had Velen grow from wanting to save Argus, to wanting to destroy its soul to save Azeroth. He was very aggressive there, both in tactics and in his combat style.
    Yes, I agree with you that he is powerful and by the end of Legion, Velen clearly showed that he can be aggressive if needed. I was just pointing out that he likely didn't use his power in that KJ's death cinematic, or it would have contradicted with what he said shortly afterwards (that in KJ final moment, he learned to let go of the past for both himself and his son). Wouldn't make a good case of letting go of the past if you give an already-dying guy a kick so he dies faster
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Velen over Talanji - He has a massive advantage in power and experience, even with Bwonsamdi's help she would lose.
    Tyrande over Anduin - She is more experienced and got a power up from Elune.

Velen over Tyrande - She has new powers but lacks the experience to make full use of them so she fall to the prophet.

I would say Tyrande, only because of War of the Ancients trilogy feats before she became the Night warrior.

Archimonde was unable to harm her, Elune kept her completely invincible while in the Burning Legions custody. If Archimonde was unable to hurt her, I somehow doubt Velen could. After all Archimonde was considered the strongest of the 3 power wise. This makes me believe that with the power of the Night Warrior Velen would be unable to finish her off.

Velen is obviously the strongest in faith and most knowledgeable, but he spent his entire life running away from confrontation.
    Tyrande recently got buffed and is pretty knowledgeable and been around very long as well.

Anduin and Talanji are the weak links.

Hate to say it, but I think Tyrande would smoke Velen just based on his pacifist nature and most recently in Legion, crisis of faith. Tyrande had her own crisis of faith but never questioned Elune the way Velen has questioned The Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    What is more powerful, the Burning Legion, destroyers of countless worlds, Or random blood troll and a discount old god? LMAO.
    The difference is that draenei ran away, while Zandalari fought against their foes. Doesn’t matter who’s arch enemy was stronger when one of these races spent thousands of years running away or as a part of a grandiose “army of Light” that fit into a single ship and got blown up the first time they actually showed themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

A random Eredar warlock has the power to destroy a planet as stated in Velen's short story
    And..? What does that eredar has to do with Velen? Can Velen do that? I doubt that, because he was *never* empowered by Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

The path of glory was because the Draenei are normally pacifist. In this hypotheical situation that doesn't matter. So it's a bad argument to rely on. The Eredar were the ones who used the orcs like tools anyway. Bringing up the path of glory doesn't make the Eredar as a whole look bad. Only the pacifist ways of the Draenei. Which have now been changed thanks to Legion's storyline. You got nothing..
    They tried to fight the orcs. First they increased their defenses and then they tried to hold the orcs back from raiding their cities. It was all blown to shits. And it’s before orcs ever took the blood. Draenei absolutely suck when it comes to open confrontations.
    A kingdom of Stormwind alone held the entire fel infused orcish Horde and actually initially repelled their attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    People got some weird headcanon about velen here, all he got experience in his running away.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

She not undead but her blood is now bound to a demigod of death. That has to have some effect on her.
    So... “I think it will have an effect” = “My argument stands”?
    Show me a single instance of a non-undead being effected by the light to the same effect as undead are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    People got some weird headcanon about velen here, all he got experience in his running away.

Exactly.
    Do not overhype the old man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    And fights with a two handed sword... oh PALADIN!
    Anduin has literally NEVER used a two handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Anduin has literally NEVER used a two handed sword.
    His father’s sword is two-handed. It can also split into two one handed blades. Or am I mixing something here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    His father’s sword is two-handed. It can also split into two one handed blades. Or am I mixing something here?
    One hander that splits into two one handers.

One hander that splits into two one handers.
    Really? Wow... That’s kinda terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I was wrong, it seems like Varian IS using it as a two-hander here.

Maybe something happened to it when Anduin picked it up and turned it all golden and shit, but Anduin has DEFINITELY never used it as a two-hander.

You can see him swing it, as a one-hander here.

- - - Updated - - -

Priests can't even wield swords normally. You have to remember, lore classes are extremely different than in-game classes.

Your in-game priest can't wield a bow, that doesn't make Tyrante not a priestess.

With that in mind, yes, Anduin is an "in game priest" (he literally used Mind Control in Pandaria, something that paladins can't do). BUT, if we lax our rules of "what a class is" lore-wise, he'd probably fall somewhere between Paladin and Priest, leaning more towards priest.

Actually, I was wrong, it seems like Varian IS using it as a two-hander here.

Maybe something happened to it when Anduin picked it up and turned it all golden and shit, but Anduin has DEFINITELY never used it as a two-hander.

You can see him swing it, as a one-hander here.

That’s an official art to the pre-BFA novella.
    The handle of this sword keeps changing in art. On some depictions it wimply doesn’t have enough space for two hands, while in some he is definitely used as a two hander.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2019-02-10 at 08:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

That’s an official art to the pre-BFA novella.
    The handle of this sword keeps changing in art. On some depictions it wimply doesn’t have enough space for two hands, while in some he is definitely used as a two hander.
    Maybe they were just trying it, and it didn't work out so he went back to one-handing it :P

Who fucking knows, either way, in game priests can't equip one or two handed swords. Then again, in game priests don't exactly inherit insane splitting swords from their king fathers :P

She not undead but her blood is now bound to a demigod of death. That has to have some effect on her.
    it means that she can use his powers NOT that she becomes undead or becomes vulnerable to light powers.
    The path of glory was because the Draenei are normally pacifist. In this hypotheical situation that doesn't matter. So it's a bad argument to rely on. The Eredar were the ones who used the orcs like tools anyway. Bringing up the path of glory doesn't make the Eredar as a whole look bad. Only the pacifist ways of the Draenei. Which have now been changed thanks to Legion's storyline. You got nothing.
    Draenei had numbers, technology and magic needed to resist the orcs, but orcs managed to beat them up. Man'ari only corrupted orcs but didn't directly participare in events.

So what? He changed his ways because of the events of Legion. Doesn't matter how or why, all that matters is that it did happen.
    If that counts for you then sure, you're entiltedto your opinion ofc, but don't get upset when other people aren't really impressed. To me it looked he simply had no choice and couldn't run away again so he finally became useful for once. But it doesn't change the fact that for thousands of years his entire tactic was about hopping planes which later became destroyed / habitants obliberated because Legion found draenei's presence there.

I think it puts draenei in very bad light if it was thanks to mortals on Azeroth is when draenei took effort to actually stop the Legion.

Sargeras himself found the Eredar powerful, smart, and gifted in all kinds of magic enough to choose them to lead his armies. Sargeras, you know the guy who easily cleaves planets in two.
    K, but Azeroth is quite a young planet itself, Velen was already on refuge before even Zandalari established their presence xD. And sure Sargeras picked them, because they were really good in technology and magics. Which is something that draenei didn't use in favor of Alliance ever since they joined in TBC.
    So I don't think that it has any meaning now that Sargeras picked eredar, draenei themsevlves are no longer power scope in their own right. They're space gypsies now.

Talanji has the Loa. Velen has the Naaru. Velen's race has way more feats than the Zandalari could ever hope to achieve. A random Eredar warlock has the power to destroy a planet as stated in Velen's short story.
    You're not mixing the two. either you stick to Man'ari or you stick to draenei. Take your pick, ever since the split they're two different people. For many years I didn't see any draenei sorcerer in lore, and I don't recall for any draenei with power to raze a city. Zandalari are younger race than draenei, but at least Zandalari are not the type of people to run away, they arm up and fight, if disaster hits them they will find a way to get around it.

And even Kil'jaeden respected and was always envious of Velen. Talanji doesn't stand a chance against him
    I think she would stand a chance, why? Because she is actually smart, resourceful and determined. She doesn't have to be super powerful in order to defeat anyone, just knowing how to strike. The fact that she has access to Zandalar pantheon Loa makes her versatile. And lastly I don't really see Velen obliberating anyone I only saw him taking down that guy which was pursuing him up to Draenor, and he still needed assistance of PC and lightforged draenei if I recall correctly.

Zandalar would have imploded if the horde adventurers didn't babysit the Zandalari. Using the PC's actions against Velen doesn't mean much.
    Zandalar defended itself from 3 invasions, PC only exposed the threat but Horde didn't send any big reinforcements through entire questing experience. We only saw Zandalari army in action, some Darkspears and gob squad.

What is more powerful, the Burning Legion, destroyers of countless worlds, Or random blood troll and a discount old god? LMAO.
    Well ofc the Legion, but the Legion grown in power over the thousands of years, and because of draenei inaction :P Had they grown a spine and came up with plan before Legion would grow this wide they'd actuall be worth of something.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

You're a horde fanboy who skipped Legion's storyline.

The difference is that draenei ran away, while Zandalari fought against their foes. Doesn’t matter who’s arch enemy was stronger when one of these races spent thousands of years running away or as a part of a grandiose “army of Light” that fit into a single ship and got blown up the first time they actually showed themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

And..? What does that eredar has to do with Velen? Can Velen do that? I doubt that, because he was *never* empowered by Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

They tried to fight the orcs. First they increased their defenses and then they tried to hold the orcs back from raiding their cities. It was all blown to shits. And it’s before orcs ever took the blood. Draenei absolutely suck when it comes to open confrontations.
    A kingdom of Stormwind alone held the entire fel infused orcish Horde and actually initially repelled their attack.
    Another horde fanboy who skipped Legion's storyline. LMAO!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-02-10 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Night Warrior Tyrande > Velen > Anduin > Talanji

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    it means that she can use his powers NOT that she becomes undead or becomes vulnerable to light powers.

Draenei had numbers, technology and magic needed to resist the orcs, but orcs managed to beat them up. Man'ari only corrupted orcs but didn't directly participare in events.

If that counts for you then sure, you're entiltedto your opinion ofc, but don't get upset when other people aren't really impressed. To me it looked he simply had no choice and couldn't run away again so he finally became useful for once. But it doesn't change the fact that for thousands of years his entire tactic was about hopping planes which later became destroyed / habitants obliberated because Legion found draenei's presence there.

I think it puts draenei in very bad light if it was thanks to mortals on Azeroth is when draenei took effort to actually stop the Legion.

K, but Azeroth is quite a young planet itself, Velen was already on refuge before even Zandalari established their presence xD. And sure Sargeras picked them, because they were really good in technology and magics. Which is something that draenei didn't use in favor of Alliance ever since they joined in TBC.
    So I don't think that it has any meaning now that Sargeras picked eredar, draenei themsevlves are no longer power scope in their own right. They're space gypsies now.

You're not mixing the two. either you stick to Man'ari or you stick to draenei. Take your pick, ever since the split they're two different people. For many years I didn't see any draenei sorcerer in lore, and I don't recall for any draenei with power to raze a city. Zandalari are younger race than draenei, but at least Zandalari are not the type of people to run away, they arm up and fight, if disaster hits them they will find a way to get around it.

I think she would stand a chance, why? Because she is actually smart, resourceful and determined. She doesn't have to be super powerful in order to defeat anyone, just knowing how to strike. The fact that she has access to Zandalar pantheon Loa makes her versatile. And lastly I don't really see Velen obliberating anyone I only saw him taking down that guy which was pursuing him up to Draenor, and he still needed assistance of PC and lightforged draenei if I recall correctly.

Zandalar defended itself from 3 invasions, PC only exposed the threat but Horde didn't send any big reinforcements through entire questing experience. We only saw Zandalari army in action, some Darkspears and gob squad.

Well ofc the Legion, but the Legion grown in power over the thousands of years, and because of draenei inaction :P Had they grown a spine and came up with plan before Legion would grow this wide they'd actuall be worth of something.
    We don't know what effects her blood bond with Bwonsamdi are for sure. Rastakhan was abandoned by him. That same could happen to Talanji. Her being weak to light is just a guess and i never stated it as a fact. Only a possibilty.

The AU draenei showed they can easily kick the Orcs teeth in. So much so they had to run away to a different dimension. Man'ari or Draenei, it doesn't matter. All that matters is the Draenei need to be aggressive. And Velen learned to do that in Legion. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

So... “I think it will have an effect” = “My argument stands”?
    Show me a single instance of a non-undead being effected by the light to the same effect as undead are.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.
    Do not overhype the old man.
    No. It simply means it is a possibility. We know the light is strong against the forces of death and Talanji now has a blood bond to a Loa whose power comes from the realm of death. Another possibilty is that Bwonsamdi straight up abandons Talanji mid fight like he did to Rastakhan. You mentioned the Orcs beating the Draenei in the MU. Well the AU draenei aren't different from the MU draenei powerwise. And they stomped the Orcs so badly they had to run away to another timeline. LMAO. Explain that.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-02-10 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a horde fanboy who skipped Legion's storyline.

Another horde fanboy who skipped Legion's storyline. LMAO!!
    Just because you keep yellin the same thing doesnt make it any more true.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Just because you keep yellin the same thing doesnt make it any more true.
    Velen learning to stop running away and go directly to Argus to confront the Legion is simply a fact.. What the hell are you talking about? Next time pay attention to the Argus plotline. LMAO!!

Even the AU draenei learned to not be pacifist and became the Lightbound led by Yrel, who then proceed to curb stomp the Orcs so badly they had to run away to another timeline. LMAO!!
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-02-10 at 11:53 AM.