Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i loved feral during legion with both the druid class ring that gave you the soul of the forest talent and the chatoyant ring that gave you additional 100 energy. it made it so fun and you had actual energy to spend to play it spammy and fast.

not im starved after 4 gcds and can watch my guy do autoattacks for seconds with hands off keyboard until tigers fury comes off cd.
    Last edited by dewd; 2019-02-10 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i loved feral during legion with both the druid class ring that gave you the soul of the forest talent and the chatoyant ring that gave you additional 100 energy. it made it so fun and you had actual energy to spend to play it spammy and fast.

not im starved after 4 gcds and can watch my guy do autoattacks for seconds with hands off keyboard until tigers fury comes off cd.
    Try 3xWFr (azerite traits) with MoC talent instead of BT, Haste Navigation enchant on weapon (99% of time difference between Crit/Mastery and Haste navigation is 0.0X%). MoC instead of BT in theory will make you loss ~2% DPS on ST, in AOE (with Primal Wrath talent) most likely near same DPS or even better, while feeling near as spamy as Legion 7.3 kitty...
    Talents compares (https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...KvBNfX74EV51c8 ST-Patchwerk; https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...zqAGkLQDsbWzUM - M+ - Dungeon Slice (BETA))
    Here is my logs for M+ - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&source=2 (btw i still have old 4 ring Hat instead of 5 ring ='( but 4 shoulders to select from xD, so 5 Azerites instead of 6...)

Why 3xWFr ? Because without them spammy build DPS loss is to heavy (by defalt our spammy (Shread/Swipe) skills hit like paw pads ).

Quote Originally Posted by TorikSAn View Post
    Try 3xWFr (azerite traits) with MoC talent instead of BT, Haste Navigation enchant on weapon (99% of time difference between Crit/Mastery and Haste navigation is 0.0X%). MoC instead of BT in theory will make you loss ~2% DPS on ST, in AOE (with Primal Wrath talent) most likely near same DPS or even better, while feeling near as spamy as Legion 7.3 kitty...
    Talents compares (https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...KvBNfX74EV51c8 ST-Patchwerk; https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...zqAGkLQDsbWzUM - M+ - Dungeon Slice (BETA))
    Here is my logs for M+ - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&source=2 (btw i still have old 4 ring Hat instead of 5 ring ='( but 4 shoulders to select from xD, so 5 Azerites instead of 6...)

Why 3xWFr ? Because without them spammy build DPS loss is to heavy (by defalt our spammy (Shread/Swipe) skills hit like paw pads ).
    When using that build is it better to do crit haste as opposed to crit mastery? I just hit 34 percent crit last night and curious if i need to swap my stat prio now and just maintain 33 percent crit. Also with a crit rate like that wouldnt stacking jungle fury diminish just because of too much crit?

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    I recently changed my Balance Boomkin to Feral, after finishing the artifact questline, and have come to realize that Feral Druids have been completely nerfed out of the game for some reason....
    They do almost zero damage, even to PVE trash mobs, they run out of energy almost before the fight starts, and they are completely squishy to the point where they almost die of fright at the first sign of an enemy.
    So my question is this, is there any good reason to play as a Feral Druid anymore, or has Blizzard just removed that spec from the game altogether, and if so why??
    Also, as a side question, is there any kind of energy potion that is not just for Rogues in the game?? I thought Thistle Tea, but of course, that is only for Rogues too. What a rip off, I am sincerely considering ending my sub to WOW, until they can get a team in there that is not dedicated to ruining everything fun about the game that pays their salaries.
    Oh yeah, and Thanks in advance!!
    you're pretty much in the same boat im in. rogue subtlety sucks too to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymacaroni View Post
    When using that build is it better to do crit haste as opposed to crit mastery? I just hit 34 percent crit last night and curious if i need to swap my stat prio now and just maintain 33 percent crit. Also with a crit rate like that wouldnt stacking jungle fury diminish just because of too much crit?
    I didn't make much science in secondary distribution.. From runing my character in AMR and RaidBots.
    Crit(high)+Mastery are best stats for ST. For AOE Crit go down and haste go up (with "best" distribution of rating scores like 45/30/25 Crit/Haste/Mastery or 1500/1000/800) . So becasue i play M+ mostly (don't raid) i aim for something like 30% (1300-1500 rating) Crit and then Haste+Mastery (50/50 raiting distibution).
    Advice about 3x WFr spec, it changes a bit priority in AOE situation. You don't want to use Rake at all (unless you have Blood Mist azerite talent) with 4+ targets. So you tab rake only if there are up to 3 targets. On 4 targets 3xWFr Swipe instantly deal same damage as full length rake. Even with 3 targets i'm not sure what is better because for full Rake you make a bit more damage than Swipe. But Swipe have higher chance to give 2 CP (because of 3 crit chances) that make you gather 5 CP for PW faster (that instant part have better DPE than full lenght Rake).
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2019-02-13 at 10:19 AM.

Feral Druids used to be a fierce spec to level up with, but that seems to have been before Activision took over WOW from Blizz, and now they feel almost helpless, so that is what I meant by 'destroyed'.
    This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this forum. If you could fill in some backstory that would be awesome. Like how Activision and Blizzard didn't actually merge but it was a secret hostile takeover and there is an evil genius at Activision who hates feral druids because when he was 8 he got bit by a feral cat and now he's in league with Russian bankers to destroy feral druids everywhere. Something like that. You should work on it.

If you want to have an honest conversation, it's not that hard, just don't say absurd things. Otherwise you are not worth talking to.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

@Trend
    WHY are you being hostile?? Also, what is SO FUNNY about it??
    It is not my imagination that Activision has taken the reigns of WOW away from Blizzard, and That is what I was saying....
    As this is common knowledge, of which you do not seem to have any, I was making allusion to the fact that since this occurred, the game has been steadily being nerfed to the point of being not worth even playing anymore. There was Nothing absurd about that, and you seem to be purposely trying to flame at me, which I cannot understand!!

PS. I am done with this thread completely now, so you are just posting at yourself
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2019-02-18 at 10:17 PM.

no snapshot no feral druid fun

@Trend
    WHY are you being hostile?? Also, what is SO FUNNY about it??
    It is not my imagination that Activision has taken the reigns of WOW away from Blizzard, and That is what I was saying....
    As this is common knowledge, of which you do not seem to have any, I was making allusion to the fact that since this occurred, the game has been steadily being nerfed to the point of being not worth even playing anymore. There was Nothing absurd about that, and you seem to be purposely trying to flame at me, which I cannot understand!!

PS. I am done with this thread completely now, so you are just posting at yourself
    OK, sounds good mate!

feral always was a spec u had to plan ahead and use energy pooling, SoTF + energy legendary was just an exeption

apart from that i need to say i get back to a game after a little break, and feral looks alot better, u can easily compete with other specs (ST and AOE)...however peoples perception is set from a start of expansion and its quite hard to find a grp from lfg.

Feral is fine in PVP atleast.

i see ferals simming 27k dps now. why cant you do it?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

As a feral main at 1600 IO and a mythic raider, Feral is fine, maybe even a little OP in keys.

Just comes down to build/playstyle. Either learn to use BT perfectly or get 3x JF/WFR and run moment of clarity with haste/crit.

Can you elaborate on how to use BT perfectly ? I go 3x WFR with Predator-Primal Wrath and MoC for M+ (10-15 keys) and my dps sinks on single target. Overall dungeon dps is good but in tyrannical weeks I'm a liability. I must learn to play better with BT. My sim shows like 17k on dummy with Bloodtaons Brutal Slash and Sabertooth but I hardly go over 15k (roughly 400 gear with 3xWFR talents) A few specific questions are
    -Do you need specific set of azerite like 3 x WFR for it?
    -Do you bother maximising your thrash and rake dots or just concentrate on big bites with 50 energy and BT up (and whenever in Tiger's Fury)

Thanks
    Last edited by silkworm; 2019-03-25 at 08:24 AM.

Feral is fine, the only real gripe I have with it atm is Bloodtalons still being more clunky/annoying than it needs to be.

I think it should always be near the top of single target DPS, and if not it should be pretty seriously looked at because of the benefits Balance has over Feral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandokan13 View Post
    Depends on what kind of 'PvP' you're talking about..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post

Just comes down to build/playstyle. Either learn to use BT perfectly or get 3x JF/WFR and run moment of clarity with haste/crit.
    in your opinion , what is the more optimal play style ? would it be BT if played correctly ... even if a MoC build with High Haste % and the right azerite talents is easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Can you elaborate on how to use BT perfectly ? I go 3x WFR with Predator-Primal Wrath and MoC for M+ (10-15 keys) and my dps sinks on single target. Overall dungeon dps is good but in tyrannical weeks I'm a liability. I must learn to play better with BT. My sim shows like 17k on dummy with Bloodtaons Brutal Slash and Sabertooth but I hardly go over 15k (roughly 400 gear with 3xWFR talents) A few specific questions are
    -Do you need specific set of azerite like 3 x WFR for it?
    -Do you bother maximising your thrash and rake dots or just concentrate on big bites with 50 energy and BT up (and whenever in Tiger's Fury)

Thanks
    For Single Target you want to use BT on initial rake then rip and from then on with your rake refresh/FB.
    For M+ I find the best use of BT is on swipe/primal wrath.
    This is the azerite/gear setup I run at 1900 io. WFR isn't required as I can still pull pretty decent ST in this build.

I also take Predator/Primal for pretty much every key now. But it's maximum potential can depend on the dungeon. There are some dungeons that you can proc your predator on most bosses - Atal Dazar for example.
    You won't do as much ST as if you had Brutal Slash/SaberT but I would say predator is still the better option and if you look at warcraftlogs m+ runs you can see that more of the top end ferals are playing predator way more often. I would say to only take Sabertooth on tyrannical week and if it's KR, ToS and maybe Shrine. The reason being that these 2/3 dungeons each have bosses that can be really difficult and stressful the longer they're alive so maximising ST dps is favoured.

I know this doesn't answer all of your questions etc but just offers some insight on another playstyle.

MoP was my favorite feral experience. It was difficult but very rewarding and had a high skill ceiling.

Feral is the worst melee class in the game in Both PVE n PVP! PVE - we have a harder rotation and do the same damage as classes that only hit two or three abilities.
    PVP- we are squishy and do little to no damage to our targets, But YES BLizzard we have cyclone that can be interrupted or stun while casting!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sandokan13 View Post
    this must be a Troll....