Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Update on the size of Sargeras.

I have a feeling that they nerfed Sargeras' true size because of both the in-game engine, as well as his imprisonment slowly shrinking his ass as he's getting pushed back to the Seat.

I mean, as he's getting pushed back, you can see that his index finger-tip's relative in size with The Vindicaar (Which shouldn't be the case at ALL, unless the Vindicaar's just that big).

At the very least, Sargeras SHOULD be relative in size with Azeroth, and that's sword wound SHOULD span far beyond just a simple zone. Half of Kalimdor + Part of the sea below should have been fucked up by Sargeras' blade. But, it wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

So, unless he was shrinking, or got nerfed, or he was still manifesting into physical being, Sargeras' size is VERY inaccurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I have a feeling that they nerfed Sargeras' true size because of both the in-game engine, as well as his imprisonment slowly shrinking his ass as he's getting pushed back to the Seat.

I mean, as he's getting pushed back, you can see that his index finger-tip's relative in size with The Vindicaar (Which shouldn't be the case at ALL, unless the Vindicaar's just that big).

At the very least, Sargeras SHOULD be relative in size with Azeroth, and that's sword wound SHOULD span far beyond just a simple zone. Half of Kalimdor + Part of the sea below should have been fucked up by Sargeras' blade. But, it wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

So, unless he was shrinking, or got nerfed, or he was still manifesting into physical being, Sargeras' size is VERY inaccurate.
    please dont necro a thread that is more then a year old...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's likely the ingame engine, as this was Sargeras' size taken from the Magni comic:

Since I can't seem to use images, lemme post this rq so you could get the idea: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sargeras

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well shit. Lemme make a new one, then.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2019-02-10 at 04:00 PM.

Update on the size of Sargeras.

Tho, judging by what we've seen outside of the game, it's likely the ingame engine, as this was Sargeras' size taken from the Magni comic:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sargeras

Now, look at the images shown in there from the Magni Comic (As well as other sources), and what's actually shown in game.

Quite the difference, my dudes.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2019-02-10 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the same. Sargeras was under shrinking ray to fit his prison cell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    As a Horde player, I'd love to necro this thread. Deal with it or be blighted.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I thought the same. Sargeras was under shrinking ray to fit his prison cell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post50837359

Talk in here, my guy.

possibly best thread since BfA so far.

because: just fun, ppl with normal acting and behaviour instead trolling, flamewarz and an endless row of undifferentiated ppl that doing like its only all hate or all whiteknight‘ism.

a thread just about the game, that do something funny... its like fresh air, these days.

Whoa, how did I miss this thread? That's some fine work and analysis, OP. I mean, the simple explanation has to be "for game play purposes and scale." They weren't going to make Sargeras to proper scale if he could have just squished Azeroth like a tomato in his hand. A lot of things seem misrepresented in-game because the scaling is changed. Racial leaders/boss models for example. Kael'thas isn't 16 feet all, he's an average blood elf height, but in TK, he's like giant-sized. Even in lore, I doubt siphoning energy made him literally grow and then shrink when beaten, that's just game mechanics. Likewise, Sargeras' size was nerfed in-game for a more visually-dramatic purpose--stabbing a planet is about as epic as you can get short of obliterating it with ease if you're big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    20 days in and we already have the best thread of the year.
    yep. really seems like that

i have just one question, and it has completely nothing to do with this thread:

why all your statements always end with „... , my dude“ or „... , my dudes“ ?

PS: No offense here (even when i am for sure not your dude). Just curious and therefore asking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    possibly best thread since BfA so far.

because: just fun, ppl with normal acting and behaviour instead trolling, flamewarz and an endless row of undifferentiated ppl that doing like its only all hate or all whiteknight‘ism.

a thread just about the game, that do something funny... its like fresh air, these days.
    this is from 2018, this was made before BFA.... this is over a year old...

- - - Updated - - -

yep. really seems like that
    yes, 20 days into 2018...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Whoa, how did I miss this thread? That's some fine work and analysis, OP. I mean, the simple explanation has to be "for game play purposes and scale." They weren't going to make Sargeras to proper scale if he could have just squished Azeroth like a tomato in his hand. A lot of things seem misrepresented in-game because the scaling is changed. Racial leaders/boss models for example. Kael'thas isn't 16 feet all, he's an average blood elf height, but in TK, he's like giant-sized. Even in lore, I doubt siphoning energy made him literally grow and then shrink when beaten, that's just game mechanics. Likewise, Sargeras' size was nerfed in-game for a more visually-dramatic purpose--stabbing a planet is about as epic as you can get short of obliterating it with ease if you're big enough.
    yeah it was a pretty good thread, i was confused when i saw this pop in the feed as i swore this thread already existed about a year ago. And i was right.

i have just one question, and it has completely nothing to do with this thread:

why all your statements always end with „... , my dude“ or „... , my dudes“ ?

PS: No offense here (even when i am for sure not your dude). Just curious and therefore asking.
    My way of speaking usually affects how I type.

Also, i'm a guy IRL.

I'm all for resurrecting old threads for posters to comment who might have missed it or not have been active an year ago. lol I've had this account since 2010 but didn't become an avid poster until maybe an year ago or something. Making a new thread seems pointless next to just digging up the old one. If it's a good thread, it's like pulling out a dusty old good book. Bad metaphor, I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of your links work.

But yes he was shrinking whilest being pulled back.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm all for resurrecting old threads for posters to comment who might have missed it or not have been active an year ago. lol I've had this account since 2010 but didn't become an avid poster until maybe an year ago or something. Making a new thread seems pointless next to just digging up the old one. If it's a good thread, it's like pulling out a dusty old good book. Bad metaphor, I know.
    Well its against the rules, so you can be for or against it, but its against the rules, has been still is.
    if you wanna revive it make one and link to this as reference.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Made my day, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

As for why Sargeras is so 'small', chances are that the planet itself is akin to an egg; the Titan will compromise a much smaller part of that, it's why only the sword hitting so deep was able to produce Azerite, which is literally the blood of a titan. It's also probably why Sargeras went "nooooooo", you know... since it was stopped just short of killing Azeroth -- since he feared Azeroth would be corrupted by the Void Lords and his greatest fears would come true.

This is further expressed by Argus; the planet is falling apart partially because, most likely, the Titan is rapidly being 'hatched' from it. The process would tear the world apart, surely.

I mean, this makes a lot more sense than the planet itself suddenly realigning itself dramatically into the shape of a humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post
    None of your links work.

Can't seem to make them work.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, y'all do realize this is a new thread, yes? For some reason, some of the necros from the last thread came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well played. Well played, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post
    None of your links work.

Maybe Titans exist in 4 spacial dimensions ‐ if Sargeras was pulled away from us in the 4th dimension we would perceive it as his 3 dimensional form diminishing in size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predicting that one day a portal's gonna open up in the middle of a big battle against the Void's forces and Illidan's gonna come to our rescue with a Keeper-sized Sargeras in tow, wrapped up in cosmic Pantheon chains that force him to behave, and he helps us.