Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Edge barely uses any RAM.
    Hasn't quite been my experience but I could try it some more. Edge does a lot of other things that piss me off, however... such as their nagging obsession with getting me to search on Bing, among other things.

I use Firefox personally, which has its own set of problems, but has (IMHO) the best security features of any browser. While it has RAM issues to an extent, it has prevented me from ever getting a virus, so that's what I use. Including on my laptop and older desktop PC, both of which run slow enough that RAM becomes a minor issue at times. That said, I rarely play games on either so... I guess it isn't really an issue in this sense.

Either way, neither of the aforementioned computers are running Windows 10, so Edge wouldn't be an option, anyways. It should be, however, for anyone building a new PC, so it's good advice.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-02-10 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It's being converted to Chromium soon though
    I also have chromium. Hopefully, it will be good cause I actually like edge (since it clears the RAM uses every so often) which means everything runs smoother over longer times.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Hasn't quite been my experience but I could try it some more. Edge does a lot of other things that piss me off, however... such as their nagging obsession with getting me to search on Bing, among other things.

I use Firefox personally, which has its own set of problems, but has (IMHO) the best security features of any browser. While it has RAM issues to an extent, it has prevented me from ever getting a virus, so that's what I use. Including on my laptop and older desktop PC, both of which run slow enough that RAM becomes a minor issue at times. That said, I rarely play games on either so... I guess it isn't really an issue in this sense.

Either way, neither of the aforementioned computers are running Windows 10, so Edge wouldn't be an option, anyways. It should be, however, for anyone building a new PC, so it's good advice.
    True it depends really. Also had not seen the above my mistake.
    I have done many tests over time and this is the result of my latest.
    All of them was running Facebook as the only thing.

Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

People often forget that programs (and the OS, at least in Windows’ case) dont just dump stuff from RAM for no reason.

If you have 16GB of RAM, and you just pop up the system info to see how much RAM is being used, itll show you that 12GB+ is being used (or whatever), and youll assume that you need that 12GB of RAM.... but you dont. If your system only has 8GB of RAM available, itll start dumping stuff from RAM earlier.

Having 8GB of RAM would only affect performance if something had to be swapped so often it was causing slowdowns. It happens a LOT less often than people think.