Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Did they resources get cut by 25%?
    Subs have been going down, which means budgets will be under pressure.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    When you have spent 15 years hearing from a community that thrives on some kind of insane toxic Stockholm syndrome, it's impossible to separate negative feedback from autistic screaming of people who don't want anything new and hate every change, but will turn around and lionize it was "the best ever" during the next expac.

Just look at all of the "Warlords/Cata/Pandas wasn't so bad" posts, and then compare to the flood of brainless vitriol that was shouted by forum goons while those expacs were current.

BfA is fine. There's been some missteps, but one of them wasn't a selfie patch.
    And one of those "missteps" made them fall down the fucking stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    The sadest thing is that Players told Blizzard things wouldn't work out well in the beta, that they didn't like them. Blizzard didn't bother listen. even bugs did not get fixed.
    That is actually the biggest problem besides sharding.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    For me the saddest thing in bfa are all the forum warriors that think they know whats wrong with wow instead of accepting that the constant change of wow has changed it far enough from their vision that they don´t like it anymore but rather bash it then say goodbye.

I still enjoy wow for what it is and accept, that it needs change every expansion so that it doesn´t become stale due to no changes.
    The saddest thing in wow is people like you that accept everything blizzard do and do not try/help/hope to change the direction.

Most players that complain wants the game to change in a direction where it becomes more social and rpg-like.

-Remove RNG,
    -Remove blah blah blah-finder
    -Remove "fill this bar" wq/quests (Ok at some points, but not all the f time)
    -Scrap Azerite Armor
    -Make armor sets again
    -Add PvP Gear Vendor
    -Get back the old story/lore-writers.
    -Make atleast some zones/story where our characters aren't the Hero of blah blah blah and commander -dit commander -dat.

-Remove lazyness:
    - No starting zones for Allied Races,
    - Almost no customization,
    - No new cool stuff for leveling
    - Stale and boring Reputation farm
    - Shitty pvp gearing system,
    - Avoid using Scenarios for Everything,
    - Boring profession system ( I liked that they made all professions expension-separated tho),
    - Boring classes (there is less class-identity),
    - Stop focusing on making the damn boring Warfronts and Island Expeditions, scrap Warfronts and make the Island Expeditions into normal zones with whatever content and not a full zerg against time-shiet (M+ is enough for that),
    - Make PvP-islands instead of WF and IE,
    - Make less quests where you get a 370-385 ilv item (They are coming all the f time),
    - Make Sylvanas become Sylvanas again.
    - Bring Ogre and Vrykul to Horde,
    - Bring Naga and High Elves (or furbolgs, or Arakkoa) to Alliance.
    - Make new open zones (Non-scenarios) with different and special type of content.
    - Find another solution of the warmode buff and warmode quests.
    - Open the World map and add player boats (open the ocean up for players to explore, this is how the island expeditions should have been)

There, Expension fixed!

The saddest thing about bfa is everything.

It's all designed to increase time played while also encouraging paid character services. The common denominator for every boring, tedious or infuriating thing in the game (including all the bugs) is that it makes pursuing ANYTHING take longer. They're too lazy or bereft of talent to make a game you WANT to spend a lot of time in, so they throw every possible roadblock in our way to artificially extend every aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    They're either out of touch or just don't care all that much about feedback. Either scenario is disconcerting.
    Sadly, it's both.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    The saddest thing about bfa is everything.

It's all designed to increase time played while also encouraging paid character services. The common denominator for every boring, tedious or infuriating thing in the game (including all the bugs) is that it makes pursuing ANYTHING take longer. They're too lazy or bereft of talent to make a game you WANT to spend a lot of time in, so they throw every possible roadblock in our way to artificially extend every aspect of the game.

Sadly, it's both.
    It's amazing how many of the bugs from Beta are still going on. It seems that the first folks to be fired were from QA
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep trying to force PVP and it fails every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Subs have been going down, which means budgets will be under pressure.
    They also declined dramatically during WoD which is when they were making Legion, by far much more content rich expansion. At this point in Legion lifecycle, we had an entire questing zone dedicated to it's own storyline (Suramar), megadungeon in Karazhan and ToV. Also general abundance of content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    And yet people are excited for vanilla wow, which there was less to do and everything took more time.
    Less to do is, at this moment, a good thing. Daily/weekly quests, like most things, are best enjoyed in moderation, and now we have too many of those. Warfronts and IEs aren't exactly enticing content, and I simply dgaf about pet battles. That leaves us with dungeons, raids and PvP, all of which are present in Vanilla, so I think at least some people will do just fine. Now, if you can't live without emissaries or warfronts, be my guest

They also declined dramatically during WoD which is when they were making Legion, by far much more content rich expansion. At this point in Legion lifecycle, we had an entire questing zone dedicated to it's own storyline (Suramar), megadungeon in Karazhan and ToV. Also general abundance of content.
    Still, I'm wondering if Legion really paid off in terms of subs...
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-02-10 at 07:30 PM.

Class Design and the gearing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still, I'm wondering if Legion really paid off in terms of subs...
    Well it obviously matters to the investors and the powers that be at Blizzard but overall, despite it's problems, I think more people played it and what's more important, it actually felt good to play as you had something to play in it. The overall perception of it at the time was better than BfA so far.

I bet that in 5 years Legion will be seen as the highpoint of the game that everyone slept on for whatever reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The saddest thing is the community, honestly. The entitlement, the disrespect, the righteousness and the pure ignorance. The absolute bandwagon that’s become of a portion of the community is a shit show, with most people presenting themselves of being incapable of independent thought and will just shit post in order to fuel this toxicity that’s brewed up this expansion. I’m by no means blind to the problems this game has right now, but being purely toxic towards Blizzard is utterly pointless and serves nobody any good. That’s the saddest part.
    what's said is that you think that when a large number of people are in agreement that a product made by a toxic mega-corporation includes monetization and time-grab schemes that are flagrantly obvious and implements core changes to the product while being warned by their customers that the changes won't be well received that it is the customers are incapable of independent thought and not the changes that are the ultimate cause of the product being perceived negatively.

is it also the "toxic" community at fault when people in large number despise cable companies and other mega corporations who flagrantly abuse their customers?

the simplest explanation for this convergence of opinions on the state of wow is that the state of wow is broken. there is no platonic ideal of wow being reflected on a cave wall somewhere. if the customers think the game is bad, it is bad, regardless of whether it conforms to some "ideal" in the minds of the devs

it's a fucking product and if the customers don't like it then it's bad and you're delusional if you think a great product is corrupted in the minds of it's fan by bad press from people who don't like it. bfa is just bad and the confluence of thought is reflecting reality, not some mind control on the part of a few people yammering on youtube.

They are so dead set on making this a game for everyone that its become a game for no one.

BFA had shit all over it the second most of us starting seeing the features in alpha/beta. Many of these concerns were reported and simply were ignored or couldn't be fixed that deep into development. Given some of the bugs still in I'd go with ignored. The hype going into BFA was so much lower than the last few xpacs its mind boggling it took them so long to make changes.

They are basically just hoping to grind out a few more million off of the cash shop before closing this game down for good.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?
    saddest thing about bfa is all of these threads, glad im not a mod, i'd have them all closed and all op's banned

As always, the playerbase itself.

I was talking about subs being down over an extended period, multiple expansions. The sub decline now will not have affected the budget during the development of BfA, but it's not good news for the next expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I was talking about subs being down over an extended period, multiple expansions. The sub decline now will not have affected the budget during the development of BfA, but it's not good news for the next expansion.
    Well I guess we'll see next year... I think the narrative choice was/is also a problem. They had to conjure up lore, therefore game play and content out of nothing for WoD. They retreated to familiar ground with Legion. I think it's fair to say that this whole faction-war-but-not-actually-faction-war-yet-it-still-is-a-faction-war was a mistake. If all the hints are anything to go by, we'll be dealing with Old God(s) next expansion - something they are familiar with and that ought to come as naturally as all things Legion related.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    saddest thing about bfa is all of these threads, glad im not a mod, i'd have them all closed and all op's banned
    annnnnnnd no longer a mod

- - - Updated - - -

If all the hints are anything to go by, we'll be dealing with Old God(s) next expansion - something they are familiar with and that ought to come as naturally as all things Legion related.
    You don't have to respond to this but every xpac someone says Old Gods will be the next xpac lol. One day you guys are going to be right and I'm really dying to see what people will say comes after the Old God xpac.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    The class changes. I know, sometimes a class needs to change a bit - but each expansion since legion you play a completely dumbed down version of your class.
    So many baseline skills have become talents, which really hurts gameplay.
    Loved my hunter & pala back in wod. Now they feel so strange, unrewarding and boring.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    Maybe that's the reason you aren't (Loa be praised) a mod. Although you could always apply to the official forums, that's exactly the mindset they value there. Oh right, they aren't hiring mods, they are rather firing them