Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You think its a bad thing that players have access to the game and in turn can get any bugs that pop up fixed sooner rather than later, if more companies did this we may have more games launched in a more complete state instead of waiting 1-2 years for it to be eventually sorted.
    Or never get fixed at all, I'm looking at you Bethesda! Hell, I'd rather see more games with public testing access just so that we don't see shit like Fallout 3 where the game didn't work properly at all with certain computer configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow such a weak argument even more so when you can google search many examples of games that was announced YEARS ahead of time.

Examples:

1) The Last Guardian.
    2) Scalebound.
    3) Final Fantasy VII Remake (Originally shown as a trailer on PS3).
    4) Final Fantasy XV Orignally known as Final Fantasy Versus 13.
    5) Starfield & Elder Scrolls Vi.
    6) Doom (Before the 2016 version)
    7) Pray (well before the rebooted version)
    8) And A Classic that was in development hell for over 10 years... Duke Nukem Forever.

That is just a small list out of MANYYYYYYYYY titles that are well known in advance. So ether your new to gaming or ignorant of its history.
    And you were there on the forums of alk these games rabting about lack of progress? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

You think its a bad thing that players have access to the game and in turn can get any bugs that pop up fixed sooner rather than later, if more companies did this we may have more games launched in a more complete state instead of waiting 1-2 years for it to be eventually sorted.
    He is ignorant of everything about SC just pushing his own agenda.
    I bet he doesn't know they promised to backers they will have access to the game as it develops. Or he knows but he just ignores it together with the fact that EVERY early access game works like this just to be able to bitch about something.

Like most haters he is angry about himself not the game. This is just an escape.

Naw I think its bad when developers use paying customers as free Q&A testers. Shows how lazy/poorly experienced the developers are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    And you were there on the forums of alk these games rabting about lack of progress? Lol
    Don't deflect to me just cause you don't have a actual argument. You made a statement and I provided it wrong, admit defeat like a adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Like most haters he is angry about himself not the game. This is just an escape.
    Not really trying are you?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Not really trying are you?
    You really think the company will fold in 3 months and the game cease to exist?

Naw I think its bad when developers use paying customers as free Q&A testers. Shows how lazy/poorly experienced the developers are.
    What would you rather have a game much more polished because of the active invovlement with the community throughout the development process or a game which is still essentially in alpha state of which causes a large number of gamers to not come back to the game.

Now i know all bugs and such can never be eliminated altogether, for example i like FO76 but it lacks gameplay past 100 hours currently and there was a ton of major bugs that could of been easily found if there was a larger player testing base, so your essentially buying an alpha game and testing if for them anyway.

The actual players are who you need to keep happy, open development like this should be the normal at least in the last year or so.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I think both Wing Commander and Freelancer are the big reasons why Star Citizen funding took off as strongly as it did. Nostalgia plays a large role in that, but the fact that the funding continues shows that the backers are happy with the progression of the game despite all the delays.

I think both Wing Commander and Freelancer are the big reasons why Star Citizen funding took off as strongly as it did. Nostalgia plays a large role in that, but the fact that the funding continues shows that the backers are happy with the progression of the game despite all the delays.
    Now you are speaking for all backers huh? I mean even some of the backers that have been posting in this thread have shown some displeasure.

I agree, Chris' past successful games (also space games) definitely had a massive role in this. They were wonderful for their time. I know that's why I backed at least.

A sidecomment on the (continued)funding: I think some of that comes from sunk cost fallacy. That said, the funding we gave (200m-ish) ultimately wasn't enough to make a game.

Ultimately, I think CIG will be forced to toss out SQ42. SC will be nowhere to be seen.

Since I am a refundee I can't forgive Chris for what I believe to be project mismanagement. And I do believe that the discomfort is growing(and will continue to do so) as time passes by within the community.

Ultimately, the game will speak for itself. I don't think it will be very good, but you never know.

You really think the company will fold in 3 months and the game cease to exist?
    Cease to exist? No but I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of money and some company like THQ Nordic came along and bought it on the cheap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They just had the best year in 2018 and got a half billion dollar valuation along with 46 million. The game never played better, they constantly top twitch views in the space game genre whille showcasing their roadmap for both games.

Thinking they will "toss out sq42" is delusion fueled by bitterness. Same as saying that sc will nowhere to be seen.

Completely the contrary, the game will only become better with more content and better performance and as it shapes up more and more backers will join and funding will keep growing.

They just had the best year in 2018 and got a half billion dollar valuation along with 46 million. The game never played better, they constantly top twitch views in the space game genre whille showcasing their roadmap for both games.
    This seems to be SC's forte, brag about all the big numbers despite being a million miles from a proper release...

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This seems to be SC's forte, brag about all the big numbers despite being a million miles from a proper release...
    Well if people would just accept that it's a game in development instead of trying to be prophets of doom neglecting facts there would be no need to point out the numbers who prove them wrong year after year. Yeah the game might "be a million miles from a proper release" but what's already available already provides more fun than most other space games for a lot of gamers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Now you are speaking for all backers huh? I mean even some of the backers that have been posting in this thread have shown some displeasure.
    TBH, as an original backer, I'm not all that invested in the game at this point. Once it gets further along, I'll be more interested. I think more of my issue is that the continual updates are harder for me to deal with because I am on a metered internet connection for the time being, so it's hard to play for long periods of time because updates are so large and frequent that it is expensive financially.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO, you detractors and your logical fallacies and inconsistencies are amusing to read. it always amazes me that you not only lack logic and reasoning you are also great projectors devoid of any self-reflection. smh.

this week's AtV was pretty good. some nice updates to the upcoming quarterly patch and some really great qol for the community to increase inclusivity and immersion.

RtV was also great this week with some updates from Erin Roberts on the development of the games:

"sniper being dropped off by a Valkyrie":

this is a dope environment scene:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    LMFAO, you detractors and your logical fallacies and inconsistencies are amusing to read. it always amazes me that you not only lack logic and reasoning you are also great projectors devoid of any self-reflection. smh.
    Translation: Stop being so negative it really makes this game look bad. Here are some pictures because the game isn't launched yet! PICTURES!

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    --snip--

Can you actually play there like right now? If so those image's do not matter at all.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: Stop being so negative it really makes this game look bad. Here are some pictures because the game isn't launched yet! PICTURES!
    Pretty low effort trolling right here. I've seen memes with more effort than your shitposting skills.

Can you actually play there like right now? If so those image's do not matter at all.
    Neither does your fucking opinion, so do the internet a favor and fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pretty low effort trolling right here. I've seen memes with more effort than your shitposting skills.

Neither does your fucking opinion, so do the internet a favor and fuck off.
    Wow what the hell was that? These are message boards and people are allowed to post what they want within the site's rules. If you don't like it add them to ignore or report them.

there are several moons you can explore and 1 full scale planet, the full scale planet has a massive city and metro system to explore, next patch will bring another full scale planet covered in city structures with a few landing zones. There is a fair amount to do with only 1 solar system avaiable currently.

pictures are taking from current gameplay so whats your point, this is some of the things you can do now.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen