Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That movie is great, that's actually where what's his name even got the idea.
    and yet no battle royale battle royale game which the longer time goes on gets increasingly more surprising. I could see someone like the sony japan studio folks who worked on forbidden siren using it as a base to beat that dead by daylight+battle royale game to the horror BR punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    >EA
    Never. Again.
    EA hasn’t had any hand in development in this game. They are only the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    EA hasn’t had any hand in development in this game. They are only the publisher.
    EA is the Developer as they own Respawn and Publisher. To say EA has no hands involved would make the dead come back alive and laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    EA is the Developer as they own Respawn and Publisher. To say EA has no hands involved would make the dead come back alive and laugh at you.
    Have a read at this then

https://www.google.se/amp/s/wccftech...le-royale/amp/

EA is a parent company to Respawn. Which is basically that they are funding Respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I mean this game put in a brilliant ping system. And text2speach. You don't even have to speak, ever (which is a godsend since I have a small kid).

- - - Updated - - -

Like I was saying previously, Overwatch Deathmatch mode comes to mind. Apex certainly could do it, but not a single queue.
    Exactly. Anything can be done, but is it of added value? If not, it's just a waste of resources, like the game mode you described.

The game is 'fun' but its not that deep. 1 map and 8 heroes (2 tied to progression). I don't think BR games change much with a new map. It's also microtransactions up the wazoo, so unless they get the whales, I can't see huge-reinvestment to develop the game (but then you could say the same about Fornite)

Do we really want F2P games to be the future of gaming???

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and yet no battle royale battle royale game which the longer time goes on gets increasingly more surprising. I could see someone like the sony japan studio folks who worked on forbidden siren using it as a base to beat that dead by daylight+battle royale game to the horror BR punch.
    It would be pretty sweet if the actual Battle Royale BR game gave out random starting equipment ranging from guns to pan lids and binoculars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    The game is 'fun' but its not that deep. 1 map and 8 heroes (2 tied to progression). I don't think BR games change much with a new map. It's also microtransactions up the wazoo, so unless they get the whales, I can't see huge-reinvestment to develop the game (but then you could say the same about Fornite)

Do we really want F2P games to be the future of gaming???
    I am okay with F2P being the future if they keep the practices fair. Currently APEX is doing a decent job, only MTX are cosmetic, and they can be earned in game as well. I still think the best example is POE and Apex doesn't seem too far off from them. If a F2P game is good, i will want to give them money, not feel like i need to give them money, and Apex has not made feel like i need to, but i have not quite got the want phase yet (mostly because i keep crafting the MTX i want).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I am okay with F2P being the future if they keep the practices fair. Currently APEX is doing a decent job, only MTX are cosmetic, and they can be earned in game as well. I still think the best example is POE and Apex doesn't seem too far off from them. If a F2P game is good, i will want to give them money, not feel like i need to give them money, and Apex has not made feel like i need to, but i have not quite got the want phase yet (mostly because i keep crafting the MTX i want).
    How is POE the best example?

1. They are way more expensive,
    2. You cant get any of them by just playing the game.
    3. Some of them are huge quality of life upgrades like stash tabs

The game is 'fun' but its not that deep.
    Define "deep".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    How is POE the best example?

1. They are way more expensive,
    2. You cant get any of them by just playing the game.
    3. Some of them are huge quality of life upgrades like stash tabs
    POE is my best example because nothing they have in the shop is required in anyway to play the game. I traded the old fashioned way for a league and a half before i learned about premium tabs. They also put out content at a fast rate than pretty much anyone else on the market right now. This isn't a place for a argument about them. I only listed them because as a company running a free game, they give more content per league than most games in their market give in a year (or years if you compare to D3).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    POE is my best example because nothing they have in the shop is required in anyway to play the game. I traded the old fashioned way for a league and a half before i learned about premium tabs. They also put out content at a fast rate than pretty much anyone else on the market right now. This isn't a place for a argument about them. I only listed them because as a company running a free game, they give more content per league than most games in their market give in a year (or years if you compare to D3).
    What do stash tabs even do in ROE? I never got anything to put in them (if you are referring to the Vault).

OT: Damn i had the shittiest day ingame today, got disconnected in 80% of the games I tried playing, had terrible lag in the other 20%... dunno what is happening today, but I haven't raged this hard since I was competitive in Dota2...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    What do stash tabs even do in ROE? I never got anything to put in them (if you are referring to the Vault).

OT: Damn i had the shittiest day ingame today, got disconnected in 80% of the games I tried playing, had terrible lag in the other 20%... dunno what is happening today, but I haven't raged this hard since I was competitive in Dota2...
    POE - Path of Exile.

I have no had a rage inducing game yet. Honestly my most wins come from playing with randos. Best my friends and i have done in our premade is 2nd. We did have a game where one person landed in front of us and got a gun first, and we proceeded to to beat the tar out him with fists as he tried backpedaling away. Was hilarious until his buddies came over the horizon...

10+ Year Old Account
    POE - Path of Exile.

I have no had a rage inducing game yet. Honestly my most wins come from playing with randos. Best my friends and i have done in our premade is 2nd. We did have a game where one person landed in front of us and got a gun first, and we proceeded to to beat the tar out him with fists as he tried backpedaling away. Was hilarious until his buddies came over the horizon...
    Lol I don't know how I even saw ROE ))) ignore me

And yeah, most of my wins were with randoms too... my friends suck at the game xD, although we did manage to win 2-3 games. We do constantly get in top 3 though.

I don't usually rage either, except when I play with trolls in my team, which hasn't happened in this game yet, and when shit like disconnects/lag happen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Lol I don't know how I even saw ROE ))) ignore me

And yeah, most of my wins were with randoms too... my friends suck at the game xD, although we did manage to win 2-3 games. We do constantly get in top 3 though.

I don't usually rage either, except when I play with trolls in my team, which hasn't happened in this game yet, and when shit like disconnects/lag happen...
    O i had a troll jumpmaster. We started one round, and he launched us as soon as we could, and sent us straight to the ocean, i luckily stayed aware enough to separate, but it sucked starting a game with only 1 person.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Define "deep".
    It's a battle royale. Run around, get as good gear as possible, and kill enough people so you surivive. Done in 20odd mins. Rince and repeat.

It's a fun game, but it's not that complex. Good gun skills and common sense with teammates will get you a long way.

It's a battle royale. Run around, get as good gear as possible, and kill enough people so you surivive. Done in 20odd mins. Rince and repeat.

It's a fun game, but it's not that complex. Good gun skills and common sense with teammates will get you a long way.
    "Good gun skills" and "common sense" suggests that you think anyone can be a top tier player. 'Gunskills' alone, as you call it, has immense depth, never mind team work.

It's not the game that's shallow, it's your comprehension of what distinguishes top tier players from casual ones.

Funny, because I had the same discussion on this very forum with another guy who claimed that Street Fighter had shallow mechanics.

By that definition Rocket League and Overwatch and Subnautica are all not deep either. Which i guess is fine as long as its recognized a game doesn't need to be 'deep' to be good/popular. (Thus why "its fun but not deep" doesn't make much sense) The only point of contention should be what they charge for the level of "deepness" provided and F2P with no P2W is about as ideal as you can get for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    By that definition Rocket League and Overwatch and Subnautica are all not deep either. Which i guess is fine as long as its recognized a game doesn't need to be 'deep' to be good/popular. (Thus why "its fun but not deep" doesn't make much sense) The only point of contention should be what they charge for the level of "deepness" provided and F2P with no P2W is about as ideal as you can get for that.
    That's why I asked him what his definition of "depth" is. The games you mentioned (with exception of Subnautica, which I don't know) and Apex Legends, do in fact have significant depth, provided you're actually attempting to progress.

Nothing has depth, if you don't care about masting mechanics and strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Subnautica are all not deep either.
    Oh come on! you can go real deep in Subnautica, so deep you need huge submarines and shit!!!!!

/s