Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xwolf1989 View Post
    good example could be archeage, that game is P2W as fuck and player base isnt that high... yet its still going because of the whales....
    I mean, quality over quantity, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Players DO NOT want phone games, and the market share for phone games is huge
    Read that again, slowly.
    Last edited by Walross; 2019-02-11 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    I still can't get over the whiteboard thumbnails.. was his previous job as a cam model?
    It takes less effort to create a thumbnail if you can just pick a frame from the footage.
    You know: The lazy mans way.

Quote Originally Posted by Walross View Post
    I mean, quality over quantity, amirite?

Read that again, slowly.
    I know you are trying to sound smart and be a smart-ass, but obviously you know what I am referring to. Fans of blizzard which can also easily be referred to as players are the general player base that would be playing Blizzard games. See the whole Diablo fiasco with fans.

Casual players and the overall Asian market which is the target mobile market as it's substantially larger than the western market is who they are targeting, which their shareholders are clearly whispering in their ears to make games for.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is on the same level as starting a thread about some random person giving their opinion on stuff.

You're trying to make the irrelevant seem relevant. How has this made 11 pages, wow.

I think people should start having their own fucking opinions without needing some "youtuber" to make them realize obvious facts.

I know you are trying to sound smart and be a smart-ass, but obviously you know what I am referring to. Fans of blizzard which can also easily be referred to as players are the general player base that would be playing Blizzard games. See the whole Diablo fiasco with fans.

Casual players and the overall Asian market which is the target mobile market as it's substantially larger than the western market is who they are targeting, which their shareholders are clearly whispering in their ears to make games for.
    Imagine being so snobbish that you think that you're more important than a fuckton of people who play the games 100 times more than you do and makes the company 100 times the money you make them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    It doesn’t, however WoW does cut corners to reduce costs and say to the players “it’s a good thing” this is mostly obvious for BFA.

An example, is the lack of class gear for tier. Now the art team only has to make 4 sets of armour for each difficulty, compared to one for every class on each difficulty.

Another example, would be the “allied races” instead of making a new race which requires a new skeleton and etc, they cut the cost there too by just using the same skeletons, and on most of them, the same model.

One more example, would be mythic+. Why make all new dungeons, when you can change an affix? It’s very cheap.

WoW as it stands is for the shareholders, as they are using a lot of recycled content or cut down massively on development costs. A game for the players of a theme park MMO, would want brand new content. WoW is not delivering on that in BFA.
    Your only example that makes any sense is allied races.

Bfa has added more sets then legion now even without tier sets as they have been adding more sets in other places like warfonts, there is no argument to make for them to be cutting corners there.

Same goes for mythic plus, they are still adding new dungeons but now they also also putting in MORE work to add affixs to every dungeon. They are putting in more work on dungeons then they ever have in the past where they would just slap them in then leave them to rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not even that, if you consider zandalaris and kultirans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not even that, if you consider zandalaris and kultirans.
    Well Kirk Tirans are comptly new I think zandalari are still modified night elfs/trolls and I don’t know if the work put into all the other allied races would add up to a single new race so I’m willing to let that point go.

Imagine being so snobbish that you think that you're more important than a fuckton of people who play the games 100 times more than you do and makes the company 100 times the money you make them.
    If you want to try and white knight Blizzard, go ahead. Probably not a very good sword to fall on though. It's pointless arguing with you as the market has already and is still reacting to the absolute shit Acti-Blizzard has gotten itself into. Acti-Blizzard stock price has dropped about 50% of its price from September until now. I don't know where these 'fuck ton' of people you claim exist that are making the company 100 times the money you claim, but they obviously aren't enough to keep their stock thriving. The drop started around BFA and continues.

It's pretty plain and simple, making garbage games your fans don't want is a pretty quick way to lose money. Your casual gamer or whatever vision you have of these fuck ton of people are never going to be playing Blizzard games. Have fun with your logic though. While all this can not be squarely placed on Blizzard's shoulders, a failing expansion, a mobile Diablo game that was the meme of 2018, executives leaving the company, the mass layoffs and all of the other problems they have right now is just the tip.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...-price-history
    Last edited by crono14; 2019-02-11 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I think that Youtubers don't have opinions, they track the most populist thoughts and make a video in order to grab some views.
    Which ironically is making their content more towards "shareholders" mentality in itself. Making videos for the sake of views and monetization rather than than necessarily their own thoughts, thoughtful analysis, evaluation of multiple sides fairly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Which ironically is making their content more towards "shareholders" mentality in itself. Making videos for the sake of views and monetization rather than than necessarily their own thoughts, thoughtful analysis, evaluation of multiple sides fairly, etc.
    I call them "theQuartering" types of YT channels.
    Its all about the drama.
    Good entertainment value for me BUT most of the time i disagree with them....because i have a fukn brain. (or so i like to think)

TheQuartering types of channels are so famous now even BellularGaming made a 2nd channel...that is exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Bfa has added more sets then legion now even without tier sets as they have been adding more sets in other places like warfonts, there is no argument to make for them to be cutting corners there.

Same goes for mythic plus, they are still adding new dungeons but now they also also putting in MORE work to add affixs to every dungeon. They are putting in more work on dungeons then they ever have in the past where they would just slap them in then leave them to rot.
    Please, show me the numbers. If you are going to show that I am wrong, count them yourself. I will wait.
    Soooooo what new dungeons have they released in BFA?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What you are trying to say is that Blizzard is betraying its original target audience of "MMORPG fans". With that i agree.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Blizzard thinks this bandaid fixes will work on the long run they are badly mistaken and WILL lose players.
    Therefore making shareholders unhappy.

A bandaid fix is just that it wont take long before it breaks.
    That’s the thing tho, with WoW, all this band aid fixing, just means that they need to slap a band aid on something else and the loyal fan base will say they are listening.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Like wild st- oh... Literally died
    like ES- oh... had to go free to play
    like swt- oh.... Dying
    That's irrelevant to the statement I made (but true). Those games had a lot more issues than WoW currently does and I constantly say that every other MMO does something light years ahead of what WoW's doing but is overall inferior. Rift had a talent tree with far more freedom and choice than WoW ever did. The difference between WoW's "customization" and almost every other MMO is absolutely jarring (Which sucks because WoW's art style is amazing). The list goes on in so many other ways.

Side note: ESO despite being FTP has pretty cool features like actually being able to turn into a werewolf and/or a vampire instead it being limited to a race. SWTOR has a vastly superior storytelling format with atleast some sense of choice.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2019-02-11 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You don't understand what that means. It means they are making games to maximize profits, a little tip, Activision doesn't give a flying fuck about their fans. They need MONEY to satisfy the beast that is the stock investors and to do that, they need to maximize money from players.

Why do you think OW has Lootboxes? WoW has a store? HotS sells their Heroes? It's to maximize profits at the expensive of a good game and somehow they have gotten these gullible people to buy in to this shit being normal in games.

- - - Updated - - -

Belluar is just on the other side, he excuses Blizzard a hell of a lot more but say what you want about AZ (I recently unsubbed because his bullshit politics he keeps bringing in) but he is at least trying to call them out on their bullshit instead of riding the fence and trying to make excuses for a multi billion dollar company.

There is no agenda, Like he secretly is working against them. The company is cancer and will continue to be that and we all know it. Sitting back and watching these companies destroy your hobby isn't going to help either.
    First, OW doesn't encourage people in ANY way to buy lootboxes, you can get any of it by just playing and doesn't affect your gameplay in any way nor is that lucrative visually to the player that he must buy them, also, a game that came out two and a half years ago and hasn't got an expansion and hasn't asked for money for any map or heroe, I think some gullible people paying loot boxes is OK for the game to maintain itself.

And what you say about HOTS is just plain stupid, because it's free to play ofc it has to have something to generate some money, as does smite, league of legends and all of the FP2 games. And HOTS doesn't have anything that is P2W so it's OK.

What the one you quoted wanted to say with "agenda" it's not about working agains blizzard, it's an agenda to bring the more haters the best since is the trending and almost no one will give him dislikes but a ton of views and likes for the $$$, same way blizzard is doing with WoW for profit and MAU's as much as I hate it, but one is doing it for shareholders and the other one is taking advantage of other manchildren.

things talked out of one's ass
    I mean, if your only arguments are "you're a white knight lal" and something people who have any amout of braincells more than your armchair cruzader head have already pointed out why it happened, then really trying to reply your nonsensical post is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    With the difference being that, in the youtuber's case, people who hate your work still help you make money.

Please, show me the numbers. If you are going to show that I am wrong, count them yourself. I will wait.
    That gnome dungeon would be equivalent to Karazhan, so we still have two more normal-sized dungeons to go. If BfA ends and no new dungeons are released, then your argument can make some sense.
    Last edited by Walross; 2019-02-11 at 04:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait are you going to pretend that dungeons added post 8.1 don’t count? We already know we are getting a dungeon in 8.2 did wrath and tbc not have any new dungons because they weren't in the .1 patch? Is cata and legion the only expans with new dungeons to you?

As far as new sets go my count might be a bit off because I’m not at an computer.

8.1 gave us 4 raid sets 8 warfront sets and 2 race sets. 7.1 for example gave us 4 sets with trial of valor, this is of course not counting recolours or mythic versions.

Launch gave us 16 leveling/dungeon sets legion gave us 8 i believe then reused them for Kara.

PvP/warfonts gave us 8 sets in bfa legion gave us 0 just recolouring raid/dungeon sets.

Launch raids gave us 4 sets in bfa and 14 in legion.

Legion also had 4 crafting sets I think where bfa has none I believe.

So bfa has had 42 give or take. And legion had 30 give or take. It’s likly I’m forgetting some sets so feel free to mention them or I am.

but not counting recolours or mythic versions bfa is ahead
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-02-11 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Typos.

I mean, if your only arguments are "you're a white knight lal" and something people who have any amout of braincells more than your armchair cruzader head have already pointed out why it happened, then really trying to reply your nonsensical post is pointless.
    So you have absolutely no rebuttal to any of my points, and you can't spell anything correctly in your post. I presented many arguments and points in my post, but you clearly ignored them all and only saw what you wanted to see. You didn't provide any kind of back-up to your own claims which weren't really claims at all. Saying a fuck ton of people(how many?) are making the company 100 times more money(where is this data?) is a ridiculous point to begin with. This pretty much sums up just about all I need to know about you.
    Last edited by crono14; 2019-02-11 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    what do you think?
    the world would be a better place if video game streamers like him got hit by a truck. want a good kind of streamer, that would be rtgames, who basically just plays around in games while talking to get people interested in them and gives honest opinions about them. doesnt go around crapping on everything in sight just because it brings in the views

fuck az
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    what do you think?
    Another clueless youtuber who preys on sheep that automatically believe the BS they are throwing in order to make money.