Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    So self described Republican hating, life long liberal like Johnathan Haidt who says the college campus has swung too far to the left, with safe spaces and trigger warnings and showing that the swing of Liberal to Conservative college professors has swung from a 2-4 to 1 to as much as a 14 to 1. Is really just making stuff up? Or conservative spy?
    Liberals are closer to conservatives than they are too the left, don't see how his opinion has so much value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I would argue they are both rather equal with regard to the amount of things that "trigger" them.

To argue that the social justice crowd is only put off by a narrow field of things, even just one as you imply with the bold, is rather silly, though.
    You are the one who is equating them. If you think you can come up with more triggers for SJWs, than the entirety of academia, then all power to you. I’d like to see you try.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are the one who is equating them. If you think you can come up with more triggers for SJWs, than the entirety of academia, then all power to you. I’d like to see you try.
    I mean "all of academia" is just one entity to their disdain, much the same way "the establishment" is to the fringe left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I mean "all of academia" is just one entity to their disdain, much the same way "the establishment" is to the fringe left.
    Yeah, one entity that includes all of academia.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Liberals are closer to conservatives than they are too the left, don't see how his opinion has so much value.
    It has some value because he set out on understand the difference between the two, but namely he wanted to try and understand conservatives, because he thought they were such weird people. He is a life long democrat voter, and has stated he doesn't think he could ever vote for a republican.

But since he doesn't agree 100% with the Far left, he's basically Alt Right Neo nazi I guess

So self described Republican hating, life long liberal like Johnathan Haidt who says the college campus has swung too far to the left, with safe spaces and trigger warnings and showing that the swing of Liberal to Conservative college professors has swung from a 2-4 to 1 to as much as a 14 to 1. Is really just making stuff up? Or conservative spy?
    I never saw a single safe space or trigger warning at my college. This whole nonsense is blown out of proportion from likely a small handful of colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    And I learned nothing since this thread is a hard to follow mess.
    Just like every other political thread.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It has some value because he set out on understand the difference between the two, but namely he wanted to try and understand conservatives, because he thought they were such weird people. He is a life long democrat voter, and has stated he doesn't think he could ever vote for a republican.

But since he doesn't agree 100% with the Far left, he's basically Alt Right Neo nazi I guess
    Does not really change anything I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Happy birthday to this thread in two days.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusMoncrieff View Post
    I think that college is a normal educational institution, where many students study, I recently graduated from college, I study at the university now.
    Don't be a necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    Why do Liberals value this experience, while conservatives do not? So when little Bobby comes home at Thanksgiving and says, you know, maybe the gays/muslims/others shouldn’t be put in camps, the blame goes straight to the colleges and the evil professors indoctrinating our good kids in the ways of Satan.
    Have you truly spent this little effort trying to understand the conservative arguments against the state of higher education that you resort to shit like this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    It's a great mistery how the US, which has the most liberal and secular constitutions ever designed, can still have such strong conservative and religious base to still dicuss that kind of stuff in 2018
    It isn't a mystery, conservative ideology in the US has fought tooth and nail since this nation's founding against democracy, education, and equal rights/protections for all people.

They spied for the Royal British Military, conscripted their indentured servants and slaves to fight against the US patriots, and mandated a senate and an electoral college via the threat of not ratifying the constitution.

They seceded from the union and sent hundreds of thousands of men to shallow graves, they instituted draconian segregationist and racist policies for a hundred yeats, some which are in spirit today in today's conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I think that college is a normal educational institution, where many students study, I recently graduated from college, I study at the university now.
    New account to bump a 1 year old thread? Let's hope you keep up this winning streak.

If education in other worldviews causes people to turn away from yours, you probably need to re-evaluate your positions.

I'm not saying indoctrination can't happen in college, but there's a reason people wanting to usually target kids under the age of 18 instead, when they're more malleable/gullible.

I was told the same stuff every Sunday for 18 straight years, and it took under a year of hearing alternate explanations for me to realize that they had never actually given me a reason why I should believe anything I was told those 18 years except for threats of grievous, incorporeal bodily harm.

Why I bring this up is that if people are changing their mind in college, maybe you should turn around and look the other direction to see where the actual brainwashing was happening.

Stupid people hate school.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Conservatives in most college situations probably feel like a homosexual in a religious organization that preach homosexality as sinful and wrong.
    the difference "conservatives" could be show that their policies for the most part are complete failures and why. While a gay person will only be show "cause the bible says so"

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Have you truly spent this little effort trying to understand the conservative arguments against the state of higher education that you resort to shit like this?
    Conservatives have been railing against how "Liberal" or "Marxist" colleges are for decades, and yet in all of those decades, Republicans/Conservatives have been highly competitive with if not preferred by college graduates.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Can I ask you a question? Why did you make a new account, just to necro a year old thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Being in an environment where you:

- Are exposed to other cultures and must think of how to get along with them
    - Must think critically and in new ways
    - Share thoughts and ideas with others as well as question your own
    - Must get along with people and not be a giant troll or shit bag

Can often lead to having a heavy liberal bias, and will often obliterate conservative modes of thinking.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Conservatives have been railing against how "Liberal" or "Marxist" colleges are for decades, and yet in all of those decades, Republicans/Conservatives have been highly competitive with if not preferred by college graduates.
    This sentence doesn't make sense grammatically. Are you trying to say that college graduates are preferable job applicants to conservatives (as if those two groups are mutually exclusive)? Most conservatives who are skeptical of the state of higher education are ones who went there and had to sit through it so that criticism isn't really valid.