Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Please do us all a favor, after throwing the same old, same old over-generalized crap, without actually addressing anything or anyone, when posting the staged-screenshots for the "on-topic" points, do post them on thumbnails or direct links, those fucking things are 2560x1440, it can be quite troublesome for people with slow internet speed or limited data.
    I think the worst part is the massive images, they take forever to load, they would murder someone on a phone with a limited data plan and don't really do much. Like how many screenshots do we need? Why not just post them to imgur or some site and provide links instead of tossing that many out in a post.

As far as Odeezee just tossing out over-generalized crap they never seem to talk to anyone that is even slightly negative to the game. I guess they are pulling a move from a certain poster in the Rift side of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    pictures are taking from current gameplay so whats your point, this is some of the things you can do now.
    My point is that he shits those pictures all over the forum, I can understand one every now and then but they are a constant thing and it is multiple of them at once. But those pictures are used to try and crowd out negativity along with his tossed out comments that try to bash people who disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you actually play there like right now? If so those image's do not matter at all.
    Yes you can, looks good doesn't it? It's all been available since last years patch and one of the reasons Star Citizen is the most promising space game and the most viewed on twitch.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2019-02-10 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Yes you can, looks good doesn't it? It's all been available since last years patch and one of the reasons Star Citizen is the most promising space game and the most viewed on twitch.
    I don't know why you keep trying to trumpet Twitch numbers as a big deal. They often have less than 3k viewers. Right now they have 2,350 on a weekend. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't know why you keep trying to trumpet Twitch numbers as a big deal. They often have less than 3k viewers. Right now they have 2,350 on a weekend. Woo.
    Still better than any other space game released. From a game in alpha stage where progress gets a reset every 3 months nonetheless. Not bad imo.

Still better than any other space game released. From a game in alpha stage where progress gets a reset every 3 months nonetheless. Not bad imo.
    Okay, so you are happy with 2,350 viewers on Twitch? I mean if that is the top of the mountain it is a small mountain, more like a hill. You may think that is good, but that is crap.

Okay, so you are happy with 2,350 viewers on Twitch? I mean if that is the top of the mountain it is a small mountain, more like a hill. You may think that is good, but that is crap.
    For a game in alpha stage where progress gets a reset every 3 months. Not bad imo.

For a game in alpha stage where progress gets a reset every 3 months. Not bad imo.
    Okay but you were glad to promote Twitch numbers as some sort of landmark in this genre. Sorry but sub 3k viewers is laughably bad. For a game that should be THE GAME in this genre and with the amount of money it has pulled in you'd think it would have a lot more hype surrounding it. It does not.

The thing with Twitch is that CIG are much more focused on using it as their main marketing platform for streaming unlike the other space games.

They do their shows and conventions on Twitch, they promote streamers, they allegedly give ships to streamers for give-aways, they give PCs to streamers, the give press packs to streamers etc. Never seen EVE, Elite, NMS or any of the others do anything similar.

Considering how much more effort they put into that side of things you'd think they would have a better return on their time/money.

Yes Star Citizen, even in it's alpha stage is de facto the most popular space game on the main stream medium.

You don't have to like it, just accept it for what it is.

Yes Star Citizen, even in it's alpha stage is de facto the most popular space game on the main stream medium.

You don't have to like it, just accept it for what it is.
    Says more about the 'space game' genre than anything.

Says more about the 'space game' genre than anything.
    One more reason to support Star Citizen then

One more reason to support Star Citizen then
    Why in the world would I support a game that has pissed through as much money as they have and don't look even close to releasing this game. You hype up Twitch and Steam as if this game was the 'NEXT BIG THING' when it really does not seem to be the case. It has been another cautionary tale when it comes to crowdfunding a game and letting the scope of the game balloon out of control.

Maybe it will release one day and will be awesome, I am not going to hold my breath over it. I understand WHY the diehard supporters want this game to make it but when they start taking dishonest routes to go about promoting this game that is where I have the problem.

It already "released" , it's already a big thing. That's why you keep following it so closely.

It already "released" , it's already a big thing. That's why you keep following it so closely.
    Well then they hit the big times! A random poster on MMO-C is checking out a thread every now and then!

Btw, 303 viewers on Twitch atm. Woo.

Well then they hit the big times! A random poster on MMO-C is checking out a thread every now and then!

Btw, 303 viewers on Twitch atm. Woo.
    Future is bright! 300 millions bright!

I'm not a die-hard fan, or even much a fan at all, and I really want this game to make it.

I had a blast with Freelancer, especially in modded servers, setting up a small mining crew with my friends was pretty fun, would love to go over it again in a highly improved version of that.

However, I know what it took to freelancer come out, Chris can make some great fucking shit, but he seems unable to set himself any sorts of limits, the guy will just keep wanting more and more, bigger and bigger, which is not entirely a bad thing, but at certain point it can backfire, just like Freelancer kind of did…
    If you want a Freelancer-inspired product that's likely to release, check out the devblog for Underspace . It's being made by Trainwiz, one of the biggest names in Skyrim mods. Kickstarter's meant to launch some time this year.
    Last edited by AwkwardSquirtle; 2019-02-12 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you actually play there like right now? If so those image's do not matter at all.
    those are all in-game screenshots, so to answer your question yes you can actually play there right now. but i am curious though, say they were concepts why would linking them not matter? your logic is not apparent based on your statements.
    Please do us all a favor, after throwing the same old, same old over-generalized crap, without actually addressing anything or anyone, when posting the staged-screenshots for the "on-topic" points, do post them on thumbnails or direct links, those fucking things are 2560x1440, it can be quite troublesome for people with slow internet speed or limited data.
    address what? you guys don't actually make any valid or cogent arguments or have valid criticisms and the fact that you believe you do is indicative of the actual problem. and as for your second comment, no i will not scale them down further. first, the images i link are scaled down (many of these screenshots are in 4K) and second, you have many ways to avoid d/l the images if you have limited bandwidth, sorry.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    address what? you guys don't actually make any valid or cogent arguments or have valid criticisms and the fact that you believe you do is indicative of the actual problem.
    Nope not one single person in this ENTIRE thread has made one single valid or cogent argument in criticism of this game. And you say those people have a problem. Lol.

This game has used more budget than any AAA game ever released so far, and have nothing to show for it besides some tech demos in an alpha

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope not one single person in this ENTIRE thread has made one single valid or cogent argument in criticism of this game. And you say those people have a problem. Lol.
    That it's not released yet is the only/main argument you guys keep parroting.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.