Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It’s just a really crappy trinket. Even if it did more damage it wouldn’t solve all the other issues that the trinket has.

It probably should work like the healer trinket from champions where if it hits one person the absorb is only like 55k, but if it hits 5 people the absorb is 78k per person. In the DPS case it should be 55k damage total for one target but 78k total split among multiple targets.

I got a 425 Merektha's Fang this week, so I feel your pain. I remember having the cannonball runner very early in the xpac so I was happy to replace it so that cannon wasn't popping up on my screen all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got a 425 Merektha's Fang this week, so I feel your pain. I remember having the cannonball runner very early in the xpac so I was happy to replace it so that cannon wasn't popping up on my screen all the time.
    wait what can you link this? gear should cap at 420 if i remember correct. if you have a 425 that is HUGE.

-nvm cap is 425 i was off-
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    So, a few things to mention here:

1. That trinket has X agility, which is worth Y dps.
    2. The Z damage it deals is split among all (4) shots a Cannon shoots out hence you only see it doing only ~1.7k hits on single target encounters.
    3. Overall damage is higher on multiple targets while individual hits are lower because the damage is split between every target hit.
    4. The simulated dps is a combination of the agility and the procc. X agility + Z damage procc = XYZ sim dps.
    5. Considering the above points you can be sure that the trinket is NOT bugged.
    I think he just assumes that because of the item level that it should be some amazing trinket. What he doesn't realize is that since even BC there have been low tier trinkets that lasted until almost the last tier came out. As I stated earlier, this trinket isn't even in the top 5 of same item level trinkets for BIS Outlaw rogue trinkets from dungeons. Not even top FIVE. Its a shitty trinket hands down. Its only saving grace is that it has static agility on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wait what can you link this? gear should cap at 420 if i remember correct. if you have a 425 that is HUGE.

-nvm cap is 425 i was off-
    You would think that but that trink is so garbage that even a 425 is worse than some 370 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    That's an incorrect interpretation. Blizzard want these trinkets that deal AoE damage to be more powerful in AoE than single target, so if the trinket proc hits 2 or more targets the damage is increased by 75%. That damage is obviously still split across both targets, so even in a 2 target situation, the trinket proc deals less damage to each of the 2 targets than if it hits a single target yet deals 75% increased overall damage.
    It's basically a st trinket. They aren't trying to make it aoe, it was previously tooltipped just to be "split among all enemies" then that tooltip like was removed from all things like it, and replaced with what it is now.

Each additional target only increases the damage by 15%, capped at 75%. This is a TERRIBLE aoe trinket. It's essentially a ST trinket that gives a pity bonus if you happen to use it on aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clawlancer View Post
    To be clear, i did multiple tests on 10-13+ Mythic instances
    Yeah, you're essentially judging a ST trinket on how it performs in AoE.

You should be judging it by what % of your damage it does over a ST fight.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I think he just assumes that because of the item level that it should be some amazing trinket. What he doesn't realize is that since even BC there have been low tier trinkets that lasted until almost the last tier came out. As I stated earlier, this trinket isn't even in the top 5 of same item level trinkets for BIS Outlaw rogue trinkets from dungeons. Not even top FIVE. Its a shitty trinket hands down. Its only saving grace is that it has static agility on it.
    Greatness card. Even blackhand's breadth from vanilla to an extent.

tells a lot about how well blizz can realize their claim of "an item level increase should be an upgrade".
    even funnier when you consider the fiasco at KJ in Tomb "our internal testing team is better than we thought so we overtuned the boss".

if your test team is oh so great, why can't they see what the majority of raiding people can tell after 30 minutes of testing?

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    The arcano crystal was not a fiasco. It did what it was supposed to do. It has higher budget than other proc/on use trinkets
    nothing wrong with the trinket design, more the fact that the best trinket for pretty much any class / specc was first locked behind a single chance every 8 weeks, after that in a rnd fkn trinket pool of like a 1/80 chance once a day providing you would farm some stinky rares for weeks / months was just mind blowing... Even RNGJesus would turn around in his grave

Hey OP, the long and short of it that BFA trinket design is generally about having one component that scales well, and one component that's pretty weak. If it has X primary stat, odds are the other half doesn't do much. Like another poster said, you get a 15% increase per extra target it strikes, but it's not meant to amount to too much either way

(for those wondering the case of the ghuun was two poorly scaling components, the proc and secondaries dont really scale as fast as primary anymore, like it gives you less. not sure why it didnt get buffed. jaina caster trinket is weak too for the tradeoff of the channel time)

Gone are the days where you could get primary + a really strong proc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    The arcano crystal was not a fiasco. It did what it was supposed to do. It has higher budget than other proc/on use trinkets
    Personally I thought they should have nerfed the Arcano in EN, this extreme budget was noticed early on, but I take a bigger issue was putting versions on the Relinquished vendor. Got so tired of grinding for that thing, ugh, lol. At least nerf the budget in the later patches or something when it's time for a gear reset.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-02-12 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Hey OP, the long and short of it that BFA trinket design is generally about having one component that scales well, and one component that's pretty weak. If it has X primary stat, odds are the other half doesn't do much. Like another poster said, you get a 15% increase per extra target it strikes, but it's not meant to amount to too much either way

(for those wondering the case of the ghuun was two poorly scaling components, the proc and secondaries dont really scale as fast as primary anymore, like it gives you less. not sure why it didnt get buffed. jaina caster trinket is weak too for the tradeoff of the channel time)

Gone are the days where you could get primary + a really strong proc

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I thought they should have nerfed the Arcano in EN, this extreme budget was noticed early on, but I take a bigger issue was putting versions on the Relinquished vendor. Got so tired of grinding for that thing, ugh, lol. At least nerf the budget in the later patches or something when it's time for a gear reset.
    My only question is, if it does 7k damage , which splits to all target, why it doesnt do decent damage versus a single target boss fight? It does 1.6k damage to the boss also, like in an AOE Situation, you can see the max damage on my log.

For real >.<? I have been using a 370 for long time as a casual pleb. Is it that bad you cant trust raidbots / simming?

I have other trinkets that sims very close.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    For real >.<? I have been using a 370 for long time as a casual pleb. Is it that bad you cant trust raidbots / simming?

I have other trinkets that sims very close.

Yeah, you should pick any other one, that one is a trash