Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's trying to be Diablo 3 with "seasons" (only one relevant tier, blazing through all other content being generally unkillable) and a grindy MMORPG at the same time. Doesn't work. WoW has forgotten that target demographics are actually important, instead it's trying to satisfy everyone from 15 min / day mobile players to those who are willing to grind a lot for an edge. Now it's like an ARPG that gives everyone 95% then hopes those remaining 5% will keep you grinding, where you're not actually accomplishing anything. And then the next raid is released and everything you've done is replaced in content that requires absolutely zero effort.

PS: Didn't enjoy Legion that much either, but at least it had stuff to strive towards. Finish Class Order halls, unlock artifact appearances, leveling up your artifact, legendaries gave even the most basic, grindy content a chance to be lucrative, that is important.

BFA is "perfect", too bad perfection kills MMOs. Blizzard has been so hellbent on making the perfect wipe-your-arse-with-silk game that they've seemingly forgotten that games are meant to present obstacles to overcome. WoW ever since MoP ended, if I have to draw a hard line, is like playing a large theme park that apologizes profusely whenever you're "inconvenienced" for actually losing something. Heavens forbid you can wipe in a dungeon after 5 hours of getting random items thrown at you for zero effort.

BFA is a GODAWFUL MMORPG. It's an insult to the game, and it's only saving grace is people's undying loyalty and short-term players who think this is how the game is supposed to be, I'd be very much interested in knowing how many of the current players have actually played pre-WoD. Maybe they genuinely think this is what the game "has always been" or should be.

Like playing Diablo 2 and seeing it become Diablo 3, whether you want it or not.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-02-11 at 05:55 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

In my opinion only reason BFA is bad is that it's not interesting.

We have loads of content but it's not interesting.
    Warfronts are not interesting. it's a PVE battleground. easy and lazy.
    Expeditions are not interesting. you hurry up, running around blindly not even having time to explore the land.
    Lore is not interesting. it's stupid, it's bad and it sucks.
    Classes are not as good as were before.
    Azerite system is not fun.
    Artifact is not fun. Weapons were amazing, neck sucks.
    We don't even have a legendary this time. nothing that grandiose to fall into.
    Dungeons are not as cool as it were in Legion.
    I don't even know what happened to community. Skip first day of raid and you are done. you are forced to form your own group with 0 leading XP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They arent saying its a good expansion they are saying that BFA is worse then WOD not that WOD was good. Just using it as a comparison saying that this shitty expansion is even shittier than the previous goal post for shitty expansions.
    Greyscale "Becuase wod was actually quite good"
    Monkey "You know how amazing a mop or wod private server would be?"
    Picklenerd "Wod and mop better then legion and BFA"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I thought WoD was amazing at the time, still do. Legion was bad IMO until they fixed legendaries/etc in 7.2 I believe. And I think BFA will become much better in 8.2
    also there is this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

HOLD ON: disclaimer
    >> This is all PERSONAL Opinion. Read. dismiss, dont read. An opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one.

Azerite system is shite.
    Azerite traits compared to legion legendaries are shite
    Mythic+ new affixes I dont like
    Farming azerite is meaningless. In legion your character gained actual power from leveling the artifact.

pvp war mode. good apparently if your faction is at top otherwise shite. When was ever world pvp a thing: yes, vanilla where everything was different...
    An xpac where the big bad guy is the other faction and feels like Garosh 2.0 yet again? please no.
    Lore highjack: what? we fought and saved azeroth and now we are bickering and the bad guy is the other faction? give me a break!
    The burning of the tree: actually made me want to quit. Completely outside the realm of possibilities for a honor driven horde. lore took a dump here.

Gear disparity: what the actual F. There is NO gear difference between a player that CLEAR and FARM mythic raid and someone that does not raid.
    Gear proc titanforge: shite
    Mythic+ giving gear that make the actual heroic raid gear useless: way to go blizzard!

Need I say more?
    Last edited by psyquest; 2019-02-11 at 06:08 PM.

Because you actually get LESS in BFA than you did in Legion?

No Suramar YET, so artifact weapon, no tier set..no mage tower challenge, no order halls.. the list goes on. The 2 most anticipated allied races not released yet.

Somehow I feel 8.2 will be the real BFA.

Plus, unlike Legion, you see only half the story due to factions, you have no idea what's going on on the other continent unless you level an alt.. in Legion, all zones but Stormheim had the story in it for both factions.

Plus you had a new class and 12 class campaigns...

Sure BFA has the systems, but it feels like less content and well, using the exact same systems makes it feel less like an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Let's compare BfA to Legion for a moment:
    It has the same dungeon systems
    It has the same mythic+ systems
    It has the same raiding systems
    It has the same looting systems
    It has the same PvP gearing system
    It has the same PvP rank system
    It has the same world quest system
    It has the same titanforging system
    Not quite.

Dungeon trash has a lot more mechanics. You can argue that to be a good thing or bad, depending on how you like your dungeons to be. Overall it only matters in making mythic+ harder.

Mythic+ is very different compared to Legion, even though it appears to be similar. We get Fortified/Tyrannical at key level 2 when it used to be at key level 10, which automatically made all keys a lot harder. We also have a seasonal affix at key level 10, and the first season Infested was overall a very annoying affix. Reaping is more fun although it can still be annoying in some situations. And Mythic+ is now a horrible way to farm AP, which again could be considered good or bad depending on how much you like to do mythic+.

Raiding is mainly the same, I don't think anyone complains about BfA saying that the raids are crap. Uldir was better than Emerald Nightmare.

Looting is not the same. Master loot was removed and Personal Loot was enforced. This is not a trivial change for anyone playing in a guild. I find it very negative.

I'm not qualified to talk about PvP.

World Quest is mostly the same, but it has a few small differences. In Legion we did World Quests mostly to farm Legendaries, which was pretty bad. Since there are no more legendaries, Emmisary caches in BfA give much higher ilvl gear than they used to. I think it's better to be honest. Legendary acquisition sucked.

Titanforging is actually better in BfA since it happens a lot less often. Unless you really liked it then it would be worse for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Because you actually get LESS in BFA than you did in Legion?

No Suramar YET, so artifact weapon, no tier set..no mage tower challenge, no order halls.. the list goes on. The 2 most anticipated allied races not released yet.

Somehow I feel 8.2 will be the real BFA.

Plus, unlike Legion, you see only half the story due to factions, you have no idea what's going on on the other continent unless you level an alt.. in Legion, all zones but Stormheim had the story in it for both factions.

Plus you had a new class and 12 class campaigns...

Sure BFA has the systems, but it feels like less content and well, using the exact same systems makes it feel less like an expansion.
    Why do people complain about the Horde/Alliance split meaning you need an alt, but then point to Legion class campaigns as a lot of story content, despite it requiring 11 alts.

You can't go "Legion had 12 class campaigns!" in the same post where you claim you BfA is lacking story because it requires an alt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because keeping stuff largely the same/making it worse while adding nothing new that's interesting shouldn't be called an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Let's compare BfA to Legion for a moment:
    It has the same dungeon systems
    It has the same mythic+ systems
    It has the same raiding systems
    It has the same looting systems
    It has the same PvP gearing system
    It has the same PvP rank system
    It has the same world quest system
    It has the same titanforging system
    They took what worked quite well and made it a lot worse, be it less rewarding, non engaging or just boring. Timegating increased. You know the saying "Dont fix whats not broken"? Blizzard doesnt.

The only things left to blame is the NEW systems. Namely
    1. Azerite Armor system
    2. Island Expeditions
    3. War mode
    4. Warfront
    1. Self explainatory. The fact it replaced tier armors (both visually and the bonuses) added insult to the injury.
    2. Too little rewards for how much time you have to commit do complete it, gets boring after the third one and doesnt really make sense with its "on the clock" limit (what, after the alliance collects their 5000 all the azerite suddenly disappears from the island?)
    3. This one i actually enjoyed, probably because ive made a mistake of starting playing on pvp server many years ago and the attachment to my characters wouldnt let me go
    4. For the main feature of the expansion it's lackluster as hell. And the timegating man, its the worst there's ever been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    It was. Every expansion is considered terrible until the next one comes out.
    It's not.
    The negativity during MoP and Legion is nothing compared to what whe have now.

Asserite armor is garbo
    Islands are garbo
    Warfronts are garbo
    Classes are garbo (they were just barely acceptable with leggos and artifact weapon powers, before you got your good leggos, and unlocked your artifact powers, they felt garbo)

Overall, the new systems suck ass, and getting weaker leveling from 110-120 is bullshit.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walross View Post
    He's not lying, tho. 2 years from now you'll see people saying "BfA wasn't that bad, you know".
    Yeah, perhaps the next xpac will be so !#$%ty that BfA will look good in comparison. Much like WoD suddenly doesn't look *that* bad when compared to BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

There are plenty of things wrong with BfA, even if some of them were from Legion. Additionally, because many of those things OP listed were from Legion, they lost their shine and are considered largely boring now.
    - Mythic+ aren't new, so there isn't really anything to get excited about. An affix may change here or there, but at the end of the day it's more of the same old same old.
    - Loot system, it's lukewarm with the community. I don't mind it personally, but I do wish they had kept the option to toggle master loot v personal loot for guild runs.
    - PvP gear system, from what I see discussed, it's pretty much garbage. Blizzard tells you what gear you're getting for each level so you can't go after what you want. I don't think it's the same as Legion and I believe in Legion they even had PvP world quests you could do, sometimes with gear rewards on par with the current season.

Classes felt better in Legion, mainly because of the Legendary weapons and how they fit with each spec in a special way. Once BfA came about, a lot of those talents either went out the window, became standard, or became talents.

As for the new, most of it flopped and hard.
    - Azerite armor pieces were a downgraded version of the Legendaries, but also added in extreme amounts of RNG. There's always going to be a BiS and now not only do you have to get that specific item, but have to get it with the combo of ring talents on it that is most ideal.

- Island Expeditions are nothing besides a zerg rush to fill up a meter before the other team fills up theirs. They were introduced as something that would be fun to do and explore, but that just never has been a reality.

- War mode, they screwed it up right from the start with poor sharding, which resulted in Alliance all but opting out entirely. Alliance complained that they were getting camped repeatedly with absolutely no way to defend themselves (and they were right) and the Horde complained that there was no one to actually fight back against. That led to them having to massively incentivize the Alliance to participate, which took 8 weeks before those massive rewards downgraded into a paltry boosted reward. It's been 2 weeks since then with the Alliance still having the increased reward buff meaning they're still underrepresented in world PvP, although less than at the start.

- Warfronts. Not only were they extremely poorly communicated and executed, but they have next to no depth or interesting things to do. When they were first launched, two months(?) into the expansion, they just kind of threw you into it with very little explanation on what to do. You then hop in it, run around for a while (since it's tuned to LFR difficulty) and get your free loot. They were boring and uninspired as well; go here, collect this, go here, kill this guy, finished. Not only that, but after your faction had it for a week, you wouldn't actually be able to do it again for another 3 weeks. With how the hand out gearing has been this expansion, it also made them fairly pointless fairly fast. The only reason to do them was to gear alts, but as soon as WQs handed out gear of an equal or higher ilvl, they became disposed of content with no point.

- Content pacing. The one thing Legion had over BfA is pacing. Every 77ish days we were getting a major content patch. 8.1 came out 119 days after launch and the raid came an additional 42 days after that.

At the end of the day, it wasn't one thing that makes BfA bad, it's a whole bunch of them, even small ones, working together to make it just a mediocre to poor expansion. Blizzard needed to keep the game in beta longer and actually listen to their beta testers, who told them the majority of this stuff on the beta, but they completely ignored it instead, shoving a, frankly unfinished, product out the door. The game from launch to 8.1 is what this game should have had in place from the start, pushing Dazar'alor off to 8.2, but all the other "improvements" should have been in place before launch.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-02-11 at 06:42 PM.

Something I admit bothers me with the BFA bashing is that some people here take features that were added late into legion and compare it to BFA.

In example, I often see complains that there is no mage tower and class mounts. Something similar to the mage tower may arrive in 8.2 or even 8.3. Who knows. Class mounts, I don't hink they will honestly and I won't shit on them for that. Yes they were cool but legion was the only expansion that had so much focus on your own class. As far as it goes for that, I do not condone them for not continuing in that direction. For them, it was probably very problematic as doing those things means that you count on players playing many classes to see all the content. Blizzard made LFR so more people experienced more of the content. They don't like developing things that only 2% of players see. Ironically, legion was a PITA for alts at the beginning when it would benefit blizzard a ton to not have been.

I don't like BFA. It's the first expansion since vanilla that I straight up quit but it's it's own beast. Lacking some stuff that was unique to another expansion is not necessarly bad. Blizz probably got scared that class halls would be as badly received as the garrison from WoD and designed BFA without out. Never forget that they're already working on the next expac and often do things not knowing if people will have enjoyed or not what is currently live. Even class halls were not super liked when it was announced. People saw them as reskinned garrisons that would fail again. Turned out pretty great in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion had a flawed, boring artifact weapon system. BFA has a flawed, boring azerite system.

I did enjoy Legion and to some extent BFA - but I believe the main thing is that the classes feels a bit.. slower paced, now.
    Hi

i didnt enjoy legion much same as bfa, but i'm still playing the game because of habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Tough luck, it is on the docket for BFA too.

And honestly, Island Expeditions are one of the better things but needs more development.
    We need to evaluate every expansion on content it adds to the game. Island Expeditions and Warfronts have potential but currently they are unfinished low quality products.

Part of the problem with BFA is if you want artifsct power you need to either do islands or world quests where as in legion you could Get it from anything. I don't like islands or world quests (I like quests with text/purpose and not a star on my mini map). Dungeons barely give any AP anymore. Why? And random BG once you finish the one for the day it only rewards about 100-150 which is barely anything when you need like 30k for each neck level.

1. WQ rewards are far less lucrative in terms of gold and rewards. Rewards got pushed to warfronts and IEs which are much less fun than WQs.
    2. The 5 mans in bfa are probably the most dull, boring and uninteresting 5 mans in Wows history.
    3. War mode is an annoying disaster that affects your ability to make custom groups or assemble 5 man teams.
    4. They broke group finder and no one uses it anymore to the extent they used to. So it can be hard to find groups for big bosses.
    5. The raid mog sets are the most ugly dull and boring ive ever seen which kinda kills interest.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the WoW community...they cry over and dramatize everything no matter how big or small they blow it out of proportion they even did it with Wrath, which is an expansion everyone (nearly) puts on a golden pedestal

Its usually best left to ignore the many many many complaints people shit out, because lets be honest. Most of the time its whining or bitching and not talking about the actual issue or why said thing is bad or why said feature needs work. *shrug* Its nearly all subjective and accounts from the individuals experience and how they choose to play the game.