View Poll Results: Are you easily offended?

Voters
165. This poll is closed
  • Yes I'm easily offended.

13 7.88%
  • No, I'm not easily offended.

152 92.12%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Are you tired of people getting offended just for the sake of wanting to be offended?

The victim role play hasn't been in full effect as it is today since the 20th century. People all over social media and in real life get offended over the smallest stuff and it's so irritating. Here are some scenarios:

THESE ARE NOT ANY OF MY OPINIONS. THEY ARE EXAMPLES.

Someone looks like they're pregnant because their stomach is wider than normal.
    "Offender": "Are you pregnant?"
    Victim: "How dare you say and ask a woman that? That's very rude you asshole!"

Someone is Republican & other is Democratic. Both are standing in line.
    Person [R]: "Hey, voting red this year right?"
    Person [D]: "No, I'm voting blue. I'm a Democrat."
    Person [R]: "You stupid fucking libtard! Why don't you leave the country if you hate it so much?!"

Male guy friend with low pitched voice, masculine female friend and a masculine male employee with a high pitched voice wearing skinny jeans.
    Guy 1: "Get these you'll get all the girls."
    Woman: "I don't like them.".
    Employee: "How about these?"
    Guy 1: "Are you gay?"
    Employee: "That's none of your business."
    Guy 1: "I'm a Christian and I don't like gays you fucking faggot."

Family Guy got it so right.

See where I'm getting at? The world is really hostile and irritable for the sake of being offended and victimized. No one wants to be the accused. Everyone wants to be right.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-02-12 at 05:45 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man ... this thread is definitely gonna go places

as for the poll, no i 'm not easily offended

What? Since when is this a problem? Have never heard of this before. I am starting to see where you're getting at, do you have a pamphlet I could take to read more about this "being offended" problem you have identified?

Are you tired of people getting offended that people get offended so they make a chat topic just to let you know they're offended you're offended?

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    Are you tired of people getting offended that people get offended so they make a chat topic just to let you know they're offended you're offended?
    Looks like I'll have to identify as a problem.

I think we should go back to the good old days, where if someone said something that upset me we could go outside and duel with pistols, not like today, where everyone overreacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this world has become rotten. When basic humor starts to offend people so much to ban it..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

tired of what? people other than myself being upset over things I barely even give a thought towards? can't say I am.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m offended that you want people to be less offended.

This will become a circlejerk of people being offended by imagining other people are getting offended at what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I’m offended that you want people to be less offended.
    I'm offended by that cat that looks like a hamster

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The victim role play hasn't been in full effect as it is today since the 20th century. People all over social media and in real life get offended over the smallest stuff and it's so irritating. Here are some scenarios:

Someone is Republican & other is Democratic. Both are standing in line.
    Person [R]: "Hey, voting red this year right?"
    Person [D]: "No, I'm voting blue. I'm a Democrat."
    Person [R]: "You stupid fucking libtard! Why don't you leave the country if you hate it so much?!"

Male guy friend with low pitched voice, masculine female friend and a masculine male employee with a high pitched voice wearing skinny jeans.
    Guy 1: "Get these you'll get all the girls."
    Woman: "I don't like them.".
    Employee: "How about these?"
    Guy 1: "Are you gay?"
    Employee: "That's none of your business."
    Guy 1: "I'm a Christian and I don't like gays you fucking faggot."

Family Guy got it so right.

See where I'm getting at? The world is really hostile and irritable for the sake of being offended and victimized. No one wants to be the accuser. Everyone wants to be right.
    To be fair, your examples show situation that are personnal, where someone is actually attacked. While there's no need to start screaming, it's understandable that someone can get offended by comments like that directed at them and right in their face.

However, what I think is absolutely unacceptable are people who get seriously fucking worked up over things like someone they don't know, on another fucking continent has dreadlocks and they are offended cuz of "cultural appropriation". And it's not even THEIR culture. They get offended by something that doesn't concern them AT ALL.

This is what is way too fucking much retard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

That's quite offensive, actually. Why ask anyone that?
    "You're either pregnant or fat, which is it? I need to know for no reason."
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    This will become a circlejerk of people being offended by imagining other people are getting offended at what they say.
    How dare you say that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What? Since when is this a problem? Have never heard of this before. I am starting to see where you're getting at, do you have a pamphlet I could take to read more about this "being offended" problem you have identified?
    It's been a growing problem for a few years with the rise of internet dumpsters like twitter and useless classes like gender studies and the creation of safespaces and shit like that.

It's actually amazing that you haven't heard of that before, I'm guessing you don't really run around the internet much, it's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    to congratulate someone bringing life into the world.

"Guy 1: "I'm a Christian and I don't like gays you fucking faggot."

I somehow doubt this actually happens on any noticeable scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Your inability or unwillingness to understand other people's perspectives says a lot more about your lack of empathy and respect than it does about them.

Alternative response: blah blah blah complaining about complainers blah blah blah offended by people being offended</cliche>

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    need to know if they should be kind and offer them their seat on the bus or say "fuck off fatty"?