Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    In short, you're complaining while playing the best comp in the game because you died a preventable death and linked outdated evidence to support your claim.
    I'll get a screenshot of the next damage coming from a lock the next time i play against one. But 40k+ hits seems to be fine for you guys so i will still level up my warlock it's 94 already so I can enjoy too.

So I play a warlock at very top level in PvE and have managed 2.6k in RBG. Also former gladiator on warrior back in TBC (People are way better now)

I am by no means a top warlock in Arena as I prefer the RBG. And let me tell you this, while you guys may hate playing against destruction in Arena I fucking hate playing it aswell. And this is coming from someone who basically never plays anything else than destruction even when affliction is superior in PvE or PvP.

There is absolutely no joy in doing an arena against 2 melees that have 3 stuns, 2 interrupts, knockback, mobility, slows and other forms of disruption.
    I can pop my infernal even when all their CC is on cooldown and still not manage to get a single Chaos Bolt cast off in 30 seconds as they will get their CC back and then just LoS behind a pillar for the remainder of the time.

Yes I am not an arena god but very capable of ~2k. However playing a destruction warlock is just not fun at all atm. casting 1 spell of relevance every 30 seconds while being pummeled unable to move for the entirety of the arena. I have to rely on my team mates to do all the work and just hope that I finally get one cast off that can secure the win.

So yeah I think warlocks are balanced atm. as we have a hard time getting any casts of at all against players who actually know how to play against warlock but if we actually manage to cast we will punish you hard. High risk, high reward. Although I would prefer some more mobility instead of just standing there like a pinata waiting to be broken for some candy

Maldiva's presentation in the championship this weekend shows how warlock plays atm. You can apply pressure but you can also be shutdown hard. I don't have a link but you can look for "Storm" team in the official warcraft twitch channel.

One thing you may not have considered is that Warlock may counter your comp, whatever it is. Just like I feel RMPally counters basically everything at high level.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    So I play a warlock at very top level in PvE and have managed 2.6k in RBG. Also former gladiator on warrior back in TBC (People are way better now)

I am by no means a top warlock in Arena as I prefer the RBG. And let me tell you this, while you guys may hate playing against destruction in Arena I fucking hate playing it aswell. And this is coming from someone who basically never plays anything else than destruction even when affliction is superior in PvE or PvP.

There is absolutely no joy in doing an arena against 2 melees that have 3 stuns, 2 interrupts, knockback, mobility, slows and other forms of disruption.
    I can pop my infernal even when all their CC is on cooldown and still not manage to get a single Chaos Bolt cast off in 30 seconds as they will get their CC back and then just LoS behind a pillar for the remainder of the time.

Yes I am not an arena god but very capable of ~2k. However playing a destruction warlock is just not fun at all atm. casting 1 spell of relevance every 30 seconds while being pummeled unable to move for the entirety of the arena. I have to rely on my team mates to do all the work and just hope that I finally get one cast off that can secure the win.

So yeah I think warlocks are balanced atm. as we have a hard time getting any casts of at all against players who actually know how to play against warlock but if we actually manage to cast we will punish you hard. High risk, high reward. Although I would prefer some more mobility instead of just standing there like a pinata waiting to be broken for some candy
    It's not hard risk when you're tanky as hell, that's the thing, also if anybody kicks you on "shadow" school you've "destro" and "fire" schools still available (you know to get shards, fears, roots, pet silence... your other skills which are not ment to kill but to ease your rotation) you also has like a 3 minute CD that makes you immune to kicks, you can root somebody or fear him and spam 2-3 bolts while being immune to kicks, yes some characters can jump but if they've no hand of freedom or dispel it's ggs for them... I got hitted twice by 55k chaosbolt in less than 2 seconds while being on a stun without trinket, that's unhealable.
    First game I played yesterday, fun and interactive gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so out of 12 classes, they are 9% of the players... that means they are only slightly above average...
    I'm not trying to make an argument for locks being OP or not, but FotM rerolling has always been a thing in PvP, so any class having a higher than average representation clearly does something better than other classes, and rerollers flock to it. The fact that their representation rises the higher the rankings proves that further. And this is considering that lock is one of the least played class on max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by drentzlet View Post
    It's not hard risk when you're tanky as hell, that's the thing, also if anybody kicks you on "shadow" school you've "destro" and "fire" schools still available (you know to get shards, fears, roots, pet silence... your other skills which are not ment to kill but to ease your rotation) you also has like a 3 minute CD that makes you immune to kicks, you can root somebody or fear him and spam 2-3 bolts while being immune to kicks, yes some characters can jump but if they've no hand of freedom or dispel it's ggs for them... I got hitted twice by 55k chaosbolt in less than 2 seconds while being on a stun without trinket, that's unhealable.
    Fire school basically does negative damage.
    The interrupt immunity sure is nice, but then you just get stunned or otherwise CCd during the duration and if not they will just LoS.
    And sure we are tanky but we are immobile so we can pretty much just stand there since creating distance is almost impossible.

I'm not trying to argue whether warlocks are strong or not, cause they are. I'm merely saying while other players may not find it fun playing against destro I certainly don't think it's fun playing in arena at the moment either.

The interrupt immunity sure is nice, but then you just get stunned or otherwise CCd during the duration and if not they will just LoS.
    And sure we are tanky but we are immobile so we can pretty much just stand there since creating distance is almost impossible.

I'm not trying to argue whether warlocks are strong or not, cause they are. I'm merely saying while other players may not find it fun playing against destro I certainly don't think it's fun playing in arena at the moment either.
    Fire makes no damage but build shards and let you root (which gives haste for the next chaos).
    Maybe it's boring compared to a monk a mage or a druid, but not everybody can be as mobile, they play the unstopable turret on the middle of the arena, I guess that I just need another 100k hp to survive their goes I guess.

Turns out warlocks are currently in such a poor state that they are being benched for Guardian Druids in tournaments /s

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Today in things that have been going on for 15 years: pvp sucks in this pve game that was originally not even supposed to contain pvp.
    ^this

/10char
    Resident BM Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Maldiva's presentation in the championship this weekend shows how warlock plays atm. You can apply pressure but you can also be shutdown hard. I don't have a link but you can look for "Storm" team in the official warcraft twitch channel.

One thing you may not have considered is that Warlock may counter your comp, whatever it is. Just like I feel RMPally counters basically everything at high level.
    One big problem is most of your real damage stuff is hard cast spells and if you get a couple melee dps on you then you are not going to get any spells off basically ever. If you can actually get a break enough to get a chaos bolt off then yes you can hit pretty hard but vs a couple melee the chance of you doing that is not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically people see you pop that and immediately stun/cyclone or other hard CC you. It is rare when I get much if any use out of the silence/interrupt immunity from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have 270k hp in pvp...
    so someone doing LITERALY EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to get that perfect 3 second cast off! and it only does 70k.... yeah nothing special man...
    i have been hit by evicerates that do 80k and has no cast time.
    and you seem to be "calling me out" without even saying WHAT i am talking out of my ass about...

So crying that a spell with full procs and settup with a 2.5 second cast time doing 70k damage is... like wut..?
    80k evis calling bullshit sorry no way demon armor haha ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Warlocks are in overall a pretty good place but are not well situated for arena pvp. Like any caster that does primarily one school of damage are pretty easy to shut down by a couple melee.
    No, demon armor needs tuning at the very least, you cannot punish a destro lock right now.

Destros definitely need tuning, they can literally sit in the middle of the arena and turret you. They’re more broken than they were in Legion.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2019-02-18 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miamii Paradise View Post
    Warlocks are very strong. They are the foundation of a raid . CC, Gateways, Summon Portal, Combat Res, Healthstone.
    Warlocks are in overall a pretty good place but are not well situated for arena pvp. Like any caster that does primarily one school of damage are pretty easy to shut down by a couple melee.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    80k evis calling bullshit sorry no way demon armor haha ok.

No, demon armor needs tuning at the very least, you cannot punish a destro lock right now.

Destros definitely need tuning, they can literally sit in the middle of the arena and turret you. They’re more broken than they were in Legion.
    interrupt them then damage them... thats how you punsih them...
    its only 10% health and armor which only helps against melee, and its still not as much as some other classes have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    interrupt them then damage them... thats how you punsih them...
    its only 10% health and armor which only helps against melee, and its still not as much as some other classes have.
    Coil, shadowfury, infernal stun it’s not as easy as just interrupting especially in arena. They’re a wall rn demon armor is too unforgiving.

7+ Year Old Account
    Coil, shadowfury, infernal stun it’s not as easy as just interrupting especially in arena. They’re a wall rn demon armor is too unforgiving.
    shadowfury has a cast time.
    infernal is a dps cooldown so...
    coil yeah that exists.
    and yeah interrupting them is pretty easy, as they cant use any ogf those while casting chaos bolt.

7+ Year Old Account
    shadowfury has a cast time.
    infernal is a dps cooldown so...
    coil yeah that exists.
    and yeah interrupting them is pretty easy, as they cant use any ogf those while casting chaos bolt.
    You literally cannot punish a destro lock in arena rn, they have as much armor as a plate wearer warriors are squishier, that's a problem.
    Legion Warlock at least could be punished outside of their walls, BfA lock is just tanky constantly.
    You can only interrupt them so much till they get one off + their partners setup for them you're fucked, double coil into root yeah you're gunna get lit up.
    You're completely biased.

7+ Year Old Account
    You literally cannot punish a destro lock in arena rn, they have as much armor as a plate wearer warriors are squishier, that's a problem.
    Legion Warlock at least could be punished outside of their walls, BfA lock is just tanky constantly.
    You can only interrupt them so much till they get one off + their partners setup for them you're fucked, double coil into root yeah you're gunna get lit up.
    You're completely biased.
    mind showing me your armor count?
    and again, literally just intterupt their chaos bolt and their fucked.
    how am i biased? i literally do not play destro, the only time i run into destro is fighting against it, and it has been fine, i play affi in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drentzlet View Post
    so you let a fully proced and cooldowned destro lock cast 2 chaos bolts in a row...

Hasn't the meta always been "train the warlock?" It's like the most trained class in history

3:50

In arenas you can just exploit their casttimes by hugging pillars.

They might dominate everywhere else, but arenas, i mean i affliction yes, but destros? They must have a good setup for that, on their own they can't get a single cast off.

You guys should speak more about actual arena setups supporting the destro lock not the spec itself, when discussing arenas, its a bit silly just talking about a single spec there, in team pvp?

So, if people ars saying a sub rogue permantly stuns and slow them, so the destro pulls some cats off that kills them, i see your point, on their own, they are trash.

Same stuff can be said about bgs/rbgs, they hit hart because you know - chaos bolts from the 2nd row.

If they get trained there is no dmg.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2019-02-19 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Today in things that have been going on for 15 years: pvp sucks in this pve game that was originally not even supposed to contain pvp.
    Not sure what you mean by "originally" but I was playing on a PvP server ~6 months before retail launched.