Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You need to read some IMAGE. They’ve been killing it for a few years now.
    I never really liked anything Image outside of Spawn. And I haven't read Spawn since the 90's lol. I am more a tradition super hero kind of guy when it comes to comics I tend not to read anything outside of that. Any other genre and it; in novel or book form. Image just seem a bit too artsy for my liking. It's a good kind of artsy but it's not for me when it comes to what I look for in comics. So I just stick with DC and Marvel.

Not saying it;s bad either. A lot of the stuff image produce looks awesome, I just cannot sink my teeth into liking it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I never really liked anything Image outside of Spawn. And I haven't read Spawn since the 90's lol. I am more a tradition super hero kind of guy when it comes to comics I tend not to read anything outside of that. Any other genre and it; in novel or book form. Image just seem a bit too artsy for my liking. It's a good kind of artsy but it's not for me when it comes to what I look for in comics. So I just stick with DC and Marvel.

Not saying it;s bad either. A lot of the stuff image produce looks awesome, I just cannot sink my teeth into liking it.
    Witchblade was the only thing I used to read by them. I don't even know what product lines they really have beyond that.

When it comes to third parties, a lot of them really are one-title-wonders. There's nothing wrong with that, not every company needs to be a comic powerhouse, and frankly both DC and Marvel would probably do better to trim their fat quite a bit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Movie event of the year for sure, I expect a TON of Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and maybe even record number of after credits scenes.

When is the FOX/Disney merger? I don't know how much name dropping they can do, but expect at least a bunch of teasing for characters we haven't heard about yet (Adam Warlock, She-Hulk, Namor the Sub-mariner, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit1 View Post
    Avengers Rock!!!. Best comics by far, no one makes them better than Marvel or D.C. Come at me!!!
    Best comics I've read in the past couple years are Animosity(Aftershock) and Monstress(Image), with Kill or Be Killed(Image), Seven to Eternity(Image), and Harbinger(Valiant) being better than the majority of books I read from Marvel or DC.

I said to dad tonight "Hey, come over and we'll watch Avenger's 2!!".

We started the movie and suddenly my dad says "Waaait a minute... isn't this the THIRD one??"...
    Somehow I've completely forgotten that Age of Ultron is an Avengers movie and not Captain America, but my 61-year old dad 'members.

Oh well, further proof that we need to have a sit-through of all the movies in chronological order before Endgame arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Best comics I've read in the past couple years are Animosity(Aftershock) and Monstress(Image), with Kill or Be Killed(Image), Seven to Eternity(Image), and Harbinger(Valiant) being better than the majority of books I read from Marvel or DC.
    Best comics I ever read was Grant Morrison/Howard Porter's run on JLA. It was like a movie come to life with every issue. I can't believe WB hasn't tried to adapt those stories into films yet, the screenplays would write themselves. Much better than the Frank Miller-inspired DCU they tried to pull off.

The Hyperclan/White Martians story would have made a great first film.
    Second film would have been Rock of Ages with the Injustice Gang/Darkseid.
    And finish off the trilogy with the Mageddon story.

Ok I got off topic, I'll stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I never really liked anything Image outside of Spawn.
    Have you tried Invincible? It’s a great series, and fairly traditional super hero style. But with excessive violence, gore and some other weird shit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Best comics I ever read was Grant Morrison/Howard Porter's run on JLA.
    Yeah, that was a fantastic run. And not long afterwards, Geoff Johns was doing his phenomenal JSA run as well, early 2000's was a great fuckin' time for DC team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Have you tried Invincible? It’s a great series, and fairly traditional super hero style. But with excessive violence, gore and some other weird shit.
    Loved reading Invincible and the Spider-man Easter egg.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Loved reading Invincible and the Spider-man Easter egg.
    Yeah. It’s a fantastic run and I can’t WAIT for the show. It’s going to be epic!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I really enjoyed the modern Marvel movies, they are fun and entertaining and have cool effects and sometimes even thought provoking ideas.
    They have a nice blend of many different themes and styles that creates a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

I especially loved Thor Ragnarok, Deadpool 1/2, Captain America 1/2/3 and pretty much all the Avengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I'm not looking forward to in this is having to watch flat butt captain -to-bored-to-act- marvel.

Spoiler: Antman, Bruce and possibly Iron-Man make these grey and red colored suits for the Avengers so they can travel through the Quantum realm. Captain Marvel doesn't need a suit because she can travel through time whenever she wants to.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    With billions of people in the world, it's actually essentially a 0% chance that several families didn't survive as long as we aren't counting like 3rd cousins. It's not too difficult of a calculation either. Let's say the average family size is 10 people. That's a (.5)^10 power that none of them died. Pretty small chance. But the chance that 1 of 750 million families didn't survive is pretty slim. That would be (1-(.5)^10)^750million. Even with just 100 families, the chance that at least 1 fully survived is nearly 10%. The expected number of families to survive would be (.5)^10*750,000,000. So, nearly 750k families would live without losing a single person.

The more interesting thing not discussed in the movie is what happens to children who lose both parents? It's going to be far more than 50% of the population that ends up dying. Kids have a 25% chance both their parents just vanish. Some will have other family but a significant amount won't and some only have one parent.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just saying shit without even attempting to consider the math. It's pretty basic statistics.
    You're assuming that everyone has families in that. A large portion of the world lives alone short of friends and dates etc. For every one of those people who live that means that there's a larger chance someone is taken from a family. Adding in the aftermath things that I mentioned and you reduce the odds of survival. Parents could have been at work or children at school while the event happened or even part of home demolished by a car colliding into the house because its driver was snapped. Way more than 50% died. I'd be being generous in saying that only 60% of the human population died due to the snap. Adding in the numerous ways you could die as a result of the snap while not being snapped that are all HIGHLY likely negates a lot of any math you can try to reason about families being intact much less the aforementioned fact that you have NO IDEA how many families live in the world. We're talking literal families that interact. It's not worth saying "oh this guy who hasn't seen his mother in 20 years and his mother both survived so it counts" because it doesn't count in the aspect we're talking about.

Has there ever been a more hyped superhero film in history? I dont think so.

They can show a clip of Cap american looking depressed for a 30sec clip and they dont even need to show more and you've already booked your ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I said to dad tonight "Hey, come over and we'll watch Avenger's 2!!".

We started the movie and suddenly my dad says "Waaait a minute... isn't this the THIRD one??"...
    Somehow I've completely forgotten that Age of Ultron is an Avengers movie and not Captain America, but my 61-year old dad 'members.

Oh well, further proof that we need to have a sit-through of all the movies in chronological order before Endgame arrives.
    You're forgiven because Age of Ultron is a terrible excuse for a film. All it really did was add some new heroes to the Avengers, but as far as being a good film, it failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Spoiler: Antman, Bruce and possibly Iron-Man make these grey and red colored suits for the Avengers so they can travel through the Quantum realm. Captain Marvel doesn't need a suit because she can travel through time whenever she wants to.
    Oh wow I cant believe no one has thought of this idea yet!

*rolls eyes*
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

I love them

Spam isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-02-21 at 09:53 PM.

Spoilers for Captain Marvel.
    She appears before Black Widow after the Avengers beg for her pager to respond to Nick furys call. She supports an entirely new hairstyle and has enhanced her suit to make her seem more captainy and less Kree.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Details on the Avengers: Endgame Footage Shown at Disney’s Annual Shareholders Meeting
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/03/07/det...lders-meeting/