Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Clearly the Torta and Tooga quest.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia attunement with all its Jailbreak glory and heartache of finding groups. I still remember the march to the throne room and a guard saying "Nerves of thorium, that one."

Darrowshire, added bonus if Cranius is singing about it

The full reveal of onyxia to include walking into the throne room.

Linkin's questline.

Warrior class quest to get your Whirlwind Axe ~30. Don't know why that questline has just always stuck with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never took any notice of the stories, I just played the game.

The quest chain on the shaman that eventually gets you a sweet trinket. In all honesty it is one of the best trinkets pre-raid for all shaman specs and it benefits everyone else in the party too.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20503

The cooldown isn't specified but if I remember correctly it was 2-3 minutes. Also you could drop mana tide and that as a healer and it was a ton of mana back.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-02-11 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The quest chain on the shaman that eventually gets you a sweet trinket. In all honesty it is one of the best trinkets pre-raid for all shaman specs and it benefits everyone else in the party too.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=20503

The cooldown isn't specified but if I remember correctly it was 2-3 minutes. Also you could drop mana tide and that as a healer and it was a ton of mana back.
    3 minutes per https://classic.wowhead.com/item=205...d-water-spirit

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Opening the Ahn'Qiraj gates in Silithus with my guild on a RP server.

Those questlines were great as it involved a lot of people, it felt part of a really greater progression of the realm.

Tirion's quest chain was really good and one of the better chains in vanilla.

This is from 2.0 but here are some of things I remember about my original leveling experiences -

I remember chasing Plainstriders as a warrior in Mulgore.

I remember doing Fenris Isle as my Undead Mage.

I remember doing 1k needles as my Paladin and Druid.

I remember going through ZF as my Paladin and Rogue.

I remember tanking ST as my Paladin.

I remember farming Fulbolgs for hours on my Rogue so I could get to Wintergrasp.

I remember giving up on my 54 shaman in Feralas.

I remember attempting to level in STvietnam, and using one of the tents by the nesingwary to unstealth from to turn in, hoping no one would see me so I could restealth.

THIS ONE! (I still have the boomerang and the faded photograph):

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=3961/linkens-adventure

Last edited by Escepticus; 2019-02-12 at 01:51 AM.

Im not sure how long the quest was or was it even that fun, but I always felt good about helping Awbee! Omg!

One of the few things that I actually remember from back then.

I have a special spot in my heart for the lock quests, Particularly UD-Succubus, Infernal, Dread Steed, and Doomguard.

That said, Mankrik and his wife always stuck out to me... because of how different it was from all the other kill quests before that point... "Hey go kill 5 of these, 9 of these, 12 of these, etc" type quests..... Then you meet good old Mankrik, and it's like... "They stole my wife....just... kill them... all of them.... " and then he asks for 60! tusks as proof...... He just takes the generic kill quest volume up to an 11, or even a 12 compared to anything encountered in game up to that point... and it gives his quest, and the little backstory behind it a little bit more emotional impact when he's looks like he wants you to kill 6x as many people as any other quest has before.

My least favorite quest chain is the shaman water totem line.... Good lord is that entire thing cancer, particularly at the level you get it.

Battle of Darrowshire definitely.

Another chain that is memorable for me is the scholomance key quest chain, even though you could pass the door by other way easier means
    Last edited by MoonPriestess; 2019-02-13 at 07:09 PM.

The corupted ashbringer chain quest before they removed it from the game. They brought some parts of it in legion.

Tirion and his son and darrowshire were great too. In General most of the chain quests in plaguelands were great because that area is rich with lore for both factions.

I loved ZF dungeon and loved the chain to get the Hammer.

Battle of Darrowshire
    Legend of Stalvan
    Tirion Fordring chain
    Onyxia chain (alliance)
    Missing Diplomat
    The undead pirate chain in Wetlands
    Scepter of the Shifting Sands
    Redpath Family chain
    Rak'likh blasted lands dreadlord chain

Loved the Tier .5 quest line and its special fights.

Giving it a quick thought, the first that came to me was the Alliance-only questline regarding Nathanos that originally made him a legend. Especially since he survived it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old mage questline with Tabetha in Dustwallow. Legend of Stalvan. Warlock quest which I did a little before TBC. Searing Gorge questline, I remember the main quest npc turning into a dragon and leaving. I keep thinking more and more so I stop now. Just now I realised how much I liked vanilla.