Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Capacitor was really cool.

I do somewhat like the idea of on use trinkets for raid effects but you add something more "tricky" to the "larger playerbase" if anything trinkets that boost other skills like set bonuses could be interesting but a nightmare to balance, When moving your arcane shot does 3% more damage per second you remain moving stacking up to 12%, your aimed shot deals 3% more damage per second you remain still stacking up to 12% etc.
    but that is a huge text dump for a trinket.

I also always liked the idea of a ring or trinket that was "counts as your 2 or 4 piece towards your tier set" on use could then be "double your X tier bonus for X seconds"
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    You need to keep in mind that with a 100% uptime, the trinket is the most powerful in game at the moment (maybe not for all specs, but at least most). It's not balanced around having 100% uptime. If you occasionally need to stack and have an uptime at maybe 70-80%, it's still good, just not overpowered. If your raid requires even more stacked time than that, go for another trinket.

It's one of the more interesting caster trinkets we've had this expansion in my opinion, even if it can be annoying to use sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Sort of. If you go purely off charts it assumes 100% uptime of 10 stacks. Plenty of bosses you will have a much lower uptime. Some bosses it'll likely be close to zero uptime, especially later bosses.

It's a trinket for farm raids, when you can count on having enough of them in the raid that you can make a sizable trinket stack. Unless your raid has been supremely lucky, it's unlikely that you'll be able to work enough people into the trinket stack to have a working strat for the last couple of bosses.
    FWIW, we have 4 out of 25 on the roster, checking the logs we average 70% 10stack uptime across 5/9mythic progression. Still BIS and will get better raid on raid. It just means its more positioning, and some thought goes into pulls.

Take grong, the 2 mage casters are always buddies, stand away, they have the 1st 2 ranged interrupts etc. Having the trinket changes how the fight is done.

I see that as a good thing. There is a high skill cap

It's Blizzard's way of trolling us Resto shamans. Buff us, give us stacked fights.. Make people not want to stack :P

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Assurance of Consequence !!! (Never forget)
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Rune of Re-Origination!!

OT: The issue with trinket design is that most of the effects do not scale, so they are perceived as "bad". Something cool that does not have an impact on important stats will always fall behind as people get more gear. The few times they made static damage trinkets good, they dominated the entire expansion (consider the Tarnished Sentinel Medallion from Tomb of Sargeras).

However, as a healer, I think the trinket is pretty cool. I agree it is at odds with some fights, but there are others that it can do fairly well on. It's just rare that you'd have a stack group of only healers/casters - unless your raid had no ranged hunters.
    RoRo on Feral and Assurance on a Combat Rogue, oh god how I miss these. Also Black Blood of Y'shaarj... on affli lock in MoP <3 MoP trinkets were the shit. Also Soul Capacitor + WoD Legendary Ring as sub rogue

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Tome of Shifting Words+Prophecy of Fear were the best trinkets that ever graced my mage while I still played. It made my guild do speed kills for months.
    Fuck yes, I'm getting wet rn. This was also the shit. Damn, WoD had some really fun trinkets.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2019-02-11 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Sort of. If you go purely off charts it assumes 100% uptime of 10 stacks. Plenty of bosses you will have a much lower uptime. Some bosses it'll likely be close to zero uptime, especially later bosses.

It's a trinket for farm raids, when you can count on having enough of them in the raid that you can make a sizable trinket stack. Unless your raid has been supremely lucky, it's unlikely that you'll be able to work enough people into the trinket stack to have a working strat for the last couple of bosses.

My guild has half the casters with the trinket now at least. and we're about to start what week 4 of heroic/norm and week 3 of mythic? Tottally possible to get everyone stacking this trinket in the caster group that actually wants the trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What is your idea of the perfect raid trinket?
    Deathbringers Will baby. Such an awesome trinket and transforming was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    +1 still my favourite trinket!

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's not like the trinket is strong enough to need a downside. It's like they're obessed with forcing people to fish titanforges from world quests.

DING DING DING DING DING, we HAVE a WINNER!

... Yes, hyperbole perhaps, but it's also a fact that the designs are all about keeping people playing less than it is about just progressing, working on a character because you want to and then either be done or move on to another character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I second your sentiment.

It is actually one of my earliest "hell yeah!" memories in terms of growing my character's power. That and the bow from Lady Deathwhisper... But that dialogue... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Loved that trinket
    Same.
    Kinda weird how ToT had both RoR and UVLS - 2 of the most broken, yet fun trinkets ever.
    I remember how some specs would reforge their stuff evenly but put their RoR-desired stat 1% higher, to get a huge benefit of the trinket proc
    Reforging was fun

Dragonspine Trophy and Shard of Woe lasted whole expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree, raid trinkets have been trash for ages now.

If you want the best trinkets, better get farming M+ in the hope that you get a high ilvl trink from a huge loot pool. Or better yet, farm world bosses that drop 355 ilvl trinks and hope they titanforge.

Ridiculous how hard (not hard, just terrible RNG and how rare it is) it is to get decent trinks these days.

The trinket in your title is a really nice trinket, if you can stand alone, or if everyone you have to stack with wears it. In raids and M+ you rarely get to stand alone for any vast amount of time, making the trinket shit.

Fun trinkets like Deathbringer's Will

The devs have to make their designs seem "original", even it's in a retarded way.

This trinket doesn't mesh well at all with the majority of later mythic bosses (looking at you Stormwall and Jaina), since you're stacking as a raid and doing precise baits. Not a fan either.

Trinkets that boost my dps with no interaction.
    If something is going to mess with my rotation or positioning I rather it be my talents/traits, not trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    If something is going to mess with my rotation or positioning I rather it be my talents/traits, not trinkets.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290299/...fects-adjusted

Check out the new caster trinket in Crucible of Storms. Every time it procs you have to dodge the incoming impact or you get your current cast interrupted and a .5 sec blanket silence

Virtually every Dragon Soul trinket, or the healer one from heroic Bastion of Twilight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    To piss off the Raiding community, worse off, the Jaina trinket is a "channeled" ability, WTF is that garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, that Trinket was Fun and Hell.
    its a channel trinket... like many other cool trinkets before it you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content