15+ Year Old Account

Unlocking Mag'har & Dark Iron?

So I'm about to finish the war campaign and then finish the rest of the rep needed for The Honorbound. My question is if I unlock the Mag'har does that mean that I also unlock the Dark Iron or do I have to go the whole route on the Alliance side to unlock them too?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So I'm about to finish the war campaign and then finish the rest of the rep needed for The Honorbound. My question is if I unlock the Mag'har does that mean that I also unlock the Dark Iron or do I have to go the whole route on the Alliance side to unlock them too?
    Yeah you need to do the alliance rep too to unlock.

I have Mag'har unlocked but my ally 120 is barely out of friendly and tbh i really cant see if i can be arsed to get it to exalted for me to do it PLUS iam almost at my 50 char cap limit and just go and see my thoughts in that thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I don't really think I'm going to make a DI dwarf because TBH I don't like dwarves (short characters suck to me) but I was just wondering if the pairs got unlocked as one side unlocked it.

Thanks. I don't really think I'm going to make a DI dwarf because TBH I don't like dwarves (short characters suck to me) but I was just wondering if the pairs got unlocked as one side unlocked it.
    With most allied races, if you had the rep on one faction you'd be able to have that count towards getting the allied race on the other faction (like my alliance with full nightborne rep) but in this case, even though faction swaps do change you between the two reps, they register as separate reputations needing their own rep grinds, much like how getting the toys and mounts of the Kul'tiras zone reps doesn't unlock the ones for the Zandalar reps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add some sort of cross faction catch up mechanic soon. CBF to unlock Dark Irons

For future references, when you ask yourself a question about WoW and you have 2 options like that, think which one is the least fun, that's most likely the right answer.