Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Warfronts is the greatest idea in BfA

I make no bones this is the only feature i do right now but lets talk about this to its bear bones.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?

How many times did you feel you was fighting in a huge army fighting across a real battle field that wasnt pvp based?

Warfronts is awesome and certainly they are easy now cause this is just the first implementation of it but tell me this cant be improved upon?

We can have pvp warfront battles like this where we need to gather real resources where that actually matters and where battles might take more than 30 minutes.

We can have scaling sets of difficulty where with AI tech the other side dont derp but can actually check your moves and if your king or queen (i know they aint that but we all know what i mean) dies it means the end and you need to reset to start over for good rewards that mean something.

Islands expeditions has been a bust but warfronts is truly a feature where i truly felt i was fighting a war and i want to see more of this not just more raids with bosses just waiting to be raped.

Warfronts are the future of WOW

0.1$ has been deposited to your Blizzard™ Battle.Net™ account. Thank you for your service, Champion!

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-02-12 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post

I make no bones this is the only feature i do right now but lets talk about this to its bear bones.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?

How many times did you feel you was fighting in a huge army fighting across a real battle field that wasnt pvp based?

Warfronts is awesome and certainly they are easy now cause this is just the first implementation of it but tell me this cant be improved upon?

We can have pvp warfront battles like this where we need to gather real resources where that actually matters and where battles might take more than 30 minutes.

We can have scaling sets of difficulty where with AI tech the other side dont derp but can actually check your moves and if your king or queen (i know they aint that but we all know what i mean) dies it means the end and you need to reset to start over for good rewards that mean something.

Islands expeditions has been a bust but warfronts is truly a feature where i truly felt i was fighting a war and i want to see more of this not just more raids with bosses just waiting to be raped.

Warfronts are the future of WOW
    Too bad they give a bad first-impression in the current state...

Warfronts are not fun right now. It’s like playing a game with cheat codes. The potential is great, but the current versions are not fun.

I never actually got to try warfronts, but it sounded really appealing to me. Note that I'm 0% competative though, but as a player who just wants some actual immersion in the war, this just sounds nice. Maybe people would be happier if they just kept it extremely simple though, as something nice to look at and run around in, and that's it. Not present it as something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Too bad they give a bad first-impression in the current state...

Warfronts are not fun right now. It’s like playing a game with cheat codes. The potential is great, but the current versions are not fun.
    They are the first implementation

Thats like saying Molten Core gives a bad first impression for raiding.

Interesting.

Personally I dislike the currently available warfronts: individual skill is not taken into account, it's just a matter of doing your little task in a half-assed effort and you will get your reward at the end of it. Going fully AFK is a viable option also.

I like islands way more.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by FlasKamel View Post
    I never actually got to try warfronts, but it sounded really appealing to me. Note that I'm 0% competative though, but as a player who just wants some actual immersion in the war, this just sounds nice. Maybe people would be happier if they just kept it extremely simple though, as something nice to look at and run around in, and that's it. Not present it as something to do.
    Its why we have different levels of difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's the secret of warfronts: bear bones.
    They are boring. No one would do them if the weekly reward wasn't incredibly worth it. I didn't feel like I was waging war, I just felt like I was waiting for something to happen but nothing ever delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Interesting.

Personally I dislike the currently available warfronts: individual skill is not taken into account, it's just a matter of doing your little task in a half-assed effort and you will get your reward at the end of it. Going fully AFK is a viable option also.

I like islands way more.
    At the moment Warfronts is like a way easier verison of LFR but my point is blizz can work on it to make it where the enemy team dont just sit back and wait to be raped. Hell i was in a group that contains mostly bots and the other side sent team after team to take back the stuff i took it was only when i realised i was in a team full of bots i bailed but still the fact the other side actually tried to take back things we took tells me even in easy mode you can still lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    So that's the secret of warfronts: bear bones.
    They are boring. No one would do them if the weekly reward wasn't incredibly worth it. I didn't feel like I was waging war, I just felt like I was waiting for something to happen but nothing ever delivered.
    Then what do you want from this game?

I talked about scaling difficulty where warfronts could be improved upon

If fighting against a enemy castle makes you yawn then i dont know what more to say.

Honestly? Ulduar 1st Boss back in WotLK almost 10 years ago was a better PvE siege-battle experience, imho.

And still is.

As for the heroic version with improved difficulty....i think they are totally wasting their time on it. And here is why:
    How exactly are they going to create difficulty? By requiring you to farm mats faster? By making the waves harder? At this point, you will probably need a certain setup for it...like 2 tanks, 4 healers and 14 DPS, because if the mobs hit harder you will want to tank them.

At this point they have EXACTLY the same requirements as a regular raid...just without the satisfaction of actual boss-battles. It will just be a 30min trash-fest. Sounds exciting? No, it does not.

Warfronts work to a degree right now because they are piss easy and you can go there with whatever you want. Higher difficulties will be for premades and favour std-raid-comps....at this point, they become a worse alternative of raids: All the downsides, non of the upsides.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-02-12 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Honestly? Ulduar 1st Boss back in WotLK almost 10 years ago was a better PvE siege-battle experience, imho.

And still is.
    Without hyperbole why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Preach it brother, that's pretty accurate
    But why is that?

Are we playing the same game? Warfronts are the most boring piece of content ever produced in this game

Literally every single person i talked to on voice / guild about it is half afk in it / doens't know whats going on and curses blizzard for giving a free 385 (sorry, heroic level 400 now because the effort required is indeed heroic *facepalm*).

Heroic Warfronts may make it more fun / bareable but right now and for the last half year it has been the worst thing blizzard has offered in the last 14 years and I've played every expansion since then. Even freaking pet battles need more thought put in to it.

To make a quick offtopic comment, sometimes when I see something that could be perceived as significantly contrarian, I usually look up their Started Threads to get some insight in what they're all about as a poster. Just wanted to say, you make a lot of interesting threads and I'm genuinely impressed. Kudos

On topic, I read that AI is used significantly in the easier forms of content in Final Fantasy and I think theres room to expand and improve upon AI. I do think there's a time and place for it, but it doesn't really resonate with me all that much. That said, I think the concept of Warfronts can work (especially as a storytelling mechanism like MoPs scenarios), but it needs to be more engaging and needs more diversity than just the two we have available (and a wider bestiary of warmachines and creatures to fight)

I feel like Warfronts might be too "on rails" but on the other hand you could argue they're trying to do the opposite of Ashran and not put a bunch off the rail stuff since it's meant to be a 20-30 minute experience, so you just have a single objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Av9 View Post
    Are we playing the same game? Warfronts are the most boring piece of content ever produced in this game

Literally every single person i talked to on voice / guild about it is half afk in it / doens't know whats going on and curses blizzard for giving a free 385 (sorry, heroic level 400 now because the effort required is ineed heroic *facepalm*).

Heroic Warfronts may make it more fun / bareable but right now and for the last half year it has been the worst thing blizzard has offered in the last 14 years and I've played every expansion since then. Even freaking pet battles need more thought put in to it.
    Did you not see the title or even read what i said?

Warfronts is a new idea newly implemented and it certainly can be improved upon and like i said its the best feature in BfA.

I love Warfronts cause its a feture where its pvp but i feel like iam part of a army and not just another adventurer or commander or whatever.

The point of this thread is to say to Blizz Warfronts is a good idea but it does need to be improved upon and it deserves to stay like raiding, pvp and pet battles.

I love Warfronts cause its a feture where its pvp but i feel like iam part of a army and not just another adventurer or commander or whatever.
    Yeah that's definitely the core concept they're aiming for with Warfronts. It seems like they thought about fleshing it out as a feature after doing the prep work on the BFA lead-in scenario

edit: I see someone talked about the free 400. Yeah it is a big bribe to do the content, plus the Warfront only elite xmog. I don't agree with some of the gearing structures either. At least its a one time every 3 weeks kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    To make a quick offtopic comment, sometimes when I see something that could be perceived as significantly contrarian, I usually look up their Started Threads to get some insight in what they're all about as a poster. Just wanted to say, you make a lot of interesting threads and I'm genuinely impressed. Kudos

On topic, I read that AI is used significantly in the easier forms of content in Final Fantasy and I think theres room to expand and improve upon AI. I do think there's a time and place for it, but it doesn't really resonate with me all that much. That said, I think the concept of Warfronts can work (especially as a storytelling mechanism like MoPs scenarios), but it needs to be more engaging and needs more diversity than just the two we have available (and a wider bestiary of warmachines and creatures to fight)

I feel like Warfronts might be too "on rails" but on the other hand you could argue they're trying to do the opposite of Ashran and not put a bunch off the rail stuff since it's meant to be a 20-30 minute experience, so you just have a single objective.
    Well you could argue the same about raids in that either you win or you lose and with warfronts they can certainly make it that you lose IE dead base commander.

Warfronts is without doubt in its infancy and we need to throw out ideas on how it should be improved but it certainly not be a feature to die a death like scenarios did back in Mop

I dont want this feature to die like scenarios did back in Mop there is simply too much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Flame leviathan required actual thought and team work to kill, warfronts require nothing, can even win with afk'ing.
    and is why we need difficulty scaling where the other side throws out squads where they can overwhelm you if you dont coordinate.

Can you not see the potential in this? The difficulty scaling? This will prolly be greater than raiding cause it will take more than just learning one bosses moves.

They are the first implementation

Thats like saying Molten Core gives a bad first impression for raiding.
    Molten Core was fun. A good first implementation.

Current Warfronts are not fun. A bad first implementation.

Just because it is the first implementation doesnt mean it has to be bad.

You can't lose in warfronts. How is that supposed to be engaging?

That's modern gaming in the eyes of AAA companies : impossible to fail, casual and repetitive. The remaining WoW playerbase is only interested in collecting useless cosmetic stuff anyway.