Poll: Favourite Resident Evil?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favourite Resident Evil (Main Series)

After playing a lot of the new Resident Evil 2 recently, a few times people have brought up their favourite game(s) from the series and I've seen a lot of varying opinions.

So lets hear it, MMO-C, which of the main series RE games does it for you?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

2 and then 1REmake

Obviously the RE2 remake, a proper survival horror game with modern visuals/sounds and without the hilariously clunky controls of the 90s games.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    After playing a lot of the new Resident Evil 2 recently, a few times people have brought up their favourite game(s) from the series and I've seen a lot of varying opinions.

So lets hear it, MMO-C, which of the main series RE games does it for you?

Resident evil 3 - Nemesis was my favorite but I could be biased because I was very young and it was one of my first PS games. I had a blast exploring/discovering, learning all the secrets, building weps etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil 2 Remake by far.

To note, Resident Evil 1 was a remaster, not a remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    To note, Resident Evil 1 was a remaster, not a remake.
    No it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wasn't.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...d_HD_REMASTER/

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil was given a full remake in 2002. What you have linked here is the HD remaster of that remake, which was brought out in 2015.

For obvious reasons, I did not include the REmaster as a separate poll item. If your favourite game is the original 2002 remake (on gamecube) or the HD remaster of the remake (the one you linked on Steam) then vote for REmake.

The "original" option is for the original Resident Evil 1 released on PSX in 1996
    Last edited by Leih; 2019-02-12 at 01:21 PM.

I got a soft spot for Code Veronica, that I played on the Dreamcast.

4, by a country mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident Evil was given a full remake in 2002. What you have linked here is the HD remaster of that remake, which was brought out in 2015.

For obvious reasons, I did not include the REmaster as a separate poll item. If your favourite game is the original 2002 remake (on gamecube) or the HD remaster of the remake (the one you linked on Steam) then vote for REmake.

The "original" option is for the original Resident Evil 1 released on PSX in 1996
    Hmm, the remaster I played was just the same as the original I played on my PS. Of course with better dialogue and graphics. But it was the same game.

Imo, a remake is what Resident Evil 2 did, it's a new game.

Haven't played RE2 remake yet, so i voted for the original but from what i've seen and played in the demo, the remake would get my vote after playing it

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played the RE2 Remake, so I'm gonna have to go with the Original PS RE2, followed closely by RE:CV on the Dreamcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the remaster I played was just the same as the original I played on my PS. Of course with better dialogue and graphics. But it was the same game.

Trust me it wasn't, lol. You're misremembering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1YwYD1YUvY
    Last edited by Leih; 2019-02-12 at 06:36 PM.

It absolutely wasn't. The mansion is redesigned and enemies like Lisa Trevor and the files about the Nemesis parasite 100% did not exist in REmake. Theres the ps1/saturn game. The Dual shock edition, the directors cut edition then the gamecube REmake then the recent HD remaster of the REmake.

Not couting others like Deadly Silence on the DS or the canned GBC demake. There hasn't been one standard version of RE1 since 1997.

7+ Year Old Account
    RE2 was my favorite but now it's RE2 Remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me it wasn't, lol. You're misremembering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1YwYD1YUvY
    That video doesn't do your argument any favours, never said the graphics weren't improved, that's all the video shows.

However, did a google search and found a website that listed the changes, some extra areas, mobs etc. So yeah, was misremembering the stuff they added in, or well, simply didn't notice it as it was a long time ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    That video doesn't do your argument any favours, never said the graphics weren't improved, that's all the video shows.

However, did a google search and found a website that listed the changes, some extra areas, mobs etc. So yeah, was misremembering the stuff they added in, or well, simply didn't notice it as it was a long time ago!
    I didn't give you an argument hun, I just thought if by just a glance at it you could tell the difference. If you watched that video and all you got from it was "the graphics improved" you... uh... I don't think you know much about video games!

The entire thing is so obviously built from the ground up just by looking at it. Even if the gameplay, story, areas in the game were the exact same, it's a remake by definition because it was so clearly built from scratch as a new game and not just a shiny coat of HD paint and crisper textures, i.e. the definition of a remaster.

The models are brand new, the engine is new, the backgrounds and areas are new and rebuilt, looking very different, the voice acting and cutscenes are new, the script is different, they developed dynamic lighting and shadows.

And that's enough of a clue without even thinking about the new gameplay elements, the changes to handling and controls, the additional enemies, items and locations, the rewriting of the story and new scenes and plot elements.

But at least you got it now

Can't really choose, RE 1 started it all, but it was improved upon greatly in sequels, and the REmake was amazing, RE 2 remake is amazing.... CVX, 3 both good.... only ones that I really didn't like are 5 and 6 in the main line....