Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Automated right click reporting.
    I forgot about this shit. If they import anything from retail, it'll be this.

Changes. I don't want any at all.

titanforging. It single handedly ruins gear progression. No longer would key items be cool. People would instead just sit in dungeons like UBRS farming the same 2 or 3 bosses over and over again trying to get items to titanforge up past raid items.

One of the best things about pre WoD gearing is getting BiS. It felt AWESOME getting your BiS trinket, or even just a ring. Knowing you had completed that slot - it felt like progress.

Now you don't care about your items, because they're all boring. You don't have a BiS, you just have highest item level items.

That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    What patch was it when you could start inspecting people? I remember when you didnt even know what gear people had and could only tell by the way it looked.
    Halfway into tbc is when I believe that was added.

Expect every expansion to get a classic server over time and just enjoy the version of wow you like the most with the features you like the most.

The price. I wan't only play classic, year 2004 game, not retail. Why should I pay for year 2004 game as much as I pay for year 2018 battle for azeroth? WoW Classic subscription should cost 100% less and be independent from retail one.

you pay for the service, that is, gm's whenever you want them and access to the server, that doesn't really change just because the game is older, server still need to be paid for, and gms also have a wage. and making games isn't a charity, but a business, their first thought is ofc on profit margins, not 'how can we spread free entertainment around the globe like the good Samaritans of gaming' its like the private servers that existed, they might have been free to play on, but someone was paying to keep it running.

I dont want to see empty realms after six months of release but thats inevitable.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Late to the party, and this might be shocking but... anything that came after 1.12?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    What modern feature do you think would most wreck the nostalgia for you?

I'm going with making loot, particularly raid boss loot, easier to acquire.
    Everything that was added in TBC or later is a no-go...

Except Flying... Flying is ALWAYS welcome..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Everything that was added in TBC or later is a no-go...

Except Flying... Flying is ALWAYS welcome..
    Flying isn't really an option, since you're in pre-flight Azeroth, which relied on a lot of "movie set" design where stuff only looks right at certain angles.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Flying isn't really an option, since you're in pre-flight Azeroth, which relied on a lot of "movie set" design where stuff only looks right at certain angles.
    The world design is also the reason for why you couldn't expand the view distance beyond the Vanilla values, because with modern engine values the illusion completely shatters. Even with Vanilla values you can look beyond the intended world limit at certain points in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But but but... We're talking about flying... The best and most important addition to the game...

There is always a loophole to allow flying..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm strongly pro flight in the current game (and I think the timegated Pathfinder we've been doing since WoD is a bunch of bullshit), and I'm even for some changes, but I don't think flying belongs in Classic at all.

Population cap. Everyone knows that pop will decrease a lot and merging servers is no option since it ruins the "community factor" that people want. So just put 20k+ people on one server so its not a desert in 2020

Anything X-Realm related is what I don't want in Classic.

That includes Sharding, dungeons, and even Xrealm battlegrounds

This game functioned better when your individual name and reputation mattered. People even actually gave a damn when doing BGs, specifically because they didn't want to be seen by their peers as being some kind of worthless failure. Guilds in vanilla literally would decline people applying to join because one of the guild members remembered them from leveling, a dungeon, or a BG being terrible and/or useless. Beyond that, guilds themselves where accountable for the people in them.... Getting accused of harboring a ninja looter could get your entire guild blacklisted among your server peers.

Today it's just a gigantic slog of entirely anonymous X-Realm trash, where no one cares about afking or being terrible, because no one that can impact them is around to notice and/or do anything about it.

I'd add that it also solves the language barrier problem that gets more common in retail..... the overwhelming incentive will be to play on a realm where you can communicate with other people who at least speak the same language as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Then stick with retail and remain happy.

Any form of auto-grouping is cancer in/for WoW.
    the random quick LFD , agree . The LFG UI is fine though and it's not so different than the original LFG where you'd list yourself and people could browse the dungeons to find people willing to join.
    The modern one is better , still requires interaction just doesn't force you to stay in capitals or go back there to find replacement if someone leaves during a dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I don't want anyone to have any fun: because classic wasn't fun.

I want to create a roag of the opposite faction as everyone else on a pvp server and gank people literally all day

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    the random quick LFD , agree . The LFG UI is fine though and it's not so different than the original LFG where you'd list yourself and people could browse the dungeons to find people willing to join.
    The modern one is better , still requires interaction just doesn't force you to stay in capitals or go back there to find replacement if someone leaves during a dungeon
    Yeah, but that cuts a bit on interaction (omg gotta whisper someone, and even exchange few sentences!) which is forced on you when there is just plain /3 (or 1/ - as people used general as well).