Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New faces for female Kul'Tiran are in

UPDATE 1: After creating this thread, the next build lessened the perma frowning the female kul'tiran had going.

UPDATE 2: As of the latest build, almost all of the eyebrows are back to perma frowning

Since the last update to the 8.1.5. PTR the facial rigging for female (and male) kul'tiran is active.
    Before the female kul'tiran had various faces but they all shared the same neutral expression with the same outlines (nose, cheeks, eyebrows, ...)

Since blizzard wanted to counter the same face syndrome (hello pandaren) they added this facial rigging to change the structure of the face.
    This means that the idle face of character models gets adjusted to have different shapes for eyebrows, nose, mouth, cheeks, chin, ...

While I am a fan of this concept (variety is always better) I believe that blizzard didn't do a good job for allied races with 'new' faces (not copied facial rigging of original races).
    This is only the case with nightborne and kul'tiran.

Most nightborne look old, have bug eyes and look smug while the original nightborne had a more slender face, no wreckles, narrow eyes and a neutral expression.
    While this is a discussion on it's own, I was afraid for facial rigging for the kul'tirans since the standard face pose was gentle/neutral looking.
    So the facial rigging is in and this is the result:

While I do not mind smug, frowning, angry faces to be an option, I absolutely hate the fact that there is no neutral/gentle face out there.
    They all look old, rugged or angry. Look at those eyebrows, none of them have a relaxed position.

I guess this is good news for people who want to create such a character, however there are people out there that like to create another type of kul'tiran woman.
    Let's be honest, these are not vrykul and while I applaud the option of creating rugged or smug kul'tirans, a lot of them are normal citizens, vendors, innkeepers, ... who would have a more neutral look.

Can we please get a neutral/gentle option?

I was planning to roleplay a kul'tiran professor, now I don't have a single option that would fit that role.
    I know customization in wow is limited but I should at least get the overal vibe right.

I hope some of you agree and help me defend this case on the official forums.
    More options is always better.

TL;DR
    Why are all kul'tiran females angry? Can we please have neutral faces!
    Last edited by 3vyan; 2019-03-03 at 10:43 AM.

Becasue they are all mad that they cannot find bras in their size.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    Why are all kul'tiran females angry? Can we please have neutral faces! [/U]
    Almost none of those faces are angry, dude. They just aren't smiling. If the males are stoic, the females must be too. As much options as the males, so it's fair.

It's a shame we can't just play as normal human bodied KTs with some unique faces/hair as an alternative. Lorewise there seem more normal proportioned KTs than fat ones. Hell, the faction leader isn't fat.

Most transmogs look terrible on female KTs (especially druid mogs) so I'm going to pass on this race as a whole.

Still kind of looks like a bald pandaren with a human nose and mouth honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it may be a rigging bug. Remember the male blood elves and void elves had a rigging bug giving them duck face, and female humans for a short while had nothing but neutral expressions. I really hope this gets fixed and/or addressed and modified, as the case may be; I really like the Kul'Tiran druid forms and shaman totems, and I plan to make both of mine into a female Kul'Tiran.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    TL;DRWhy are all kul'tiran females angry? Can we please have neutral faces!
    Female gnomes had a similar problem when Blizzard made the new models for them.

Is it meant to be a middle finger to folks that complain when models suffer from "same-face" syndrome? 'Cuz making them all angry-looking doesn't really help with that....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

They still look like derpy overweight housewives.

Quote Originally Posted by Chozo View Post
    Almost none of those faces are angry, dude. They just aren't smiling. If the males are stoic, the females must be too. As much options as the males, so it's fair.
    They can add happy faces to male kul'tiran I don't mind.

Also, notice their (females) eyebrows.
    All of them are frowning, which kills off the neutral expression you say is there.

Even males have non frowning eyebrows and a more neutral face:

Can you stop turning your camera backwards? Just play normally and enjoy that T H I C C ass my dude.

They're still angry about Daelin's death.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's the eyebrows, they give a pretty clear "I'm not very happy" expression. Personally I think the new expressions look better but I agree that there should be a mix of gentle faces and tough, stoic faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Becasue they are all mad that they cannot find bras in their size.
    They don't need them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Female gnomes had a similar problem when Blizzard made the new models for them.

Is it meant to be a middle finger to folks that complain when models suffer from "same-face" syndrome? 'Cuz making them all angry-looking doesn't really help with that....
    You get me.
    I still weep for that smiling gnome I was promised.

How is it that a comical light hearted race has no smile option for females .

For kul'tirans I would be happy with a neutral face.
    Just give them relaxed eyebrows on a non old face.

So that's the fat fuck race ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So that's the fat fuck race ?
    Yes .

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    #1 and #3 seem pleasant to neutral to me - the eyebrows are bold, yes, but not exactly arch or angry.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

There needs to be a customization for the cheeks. Chubby cheeks, protruding belly... c'mon.

What about amazonian women type? Built like a male but with feminine curves.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They still look like derpy overweight housewives.
    Pretty rude of you, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    There needs to be a customization for the cheeks. Chubby cheeks, protruding belly... c'mon.

What about amazonian women type? Built like a male but with feminine curves.
    Go play another game. We don't get body size customizations here, and you know this. they aren't just gonna start.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Pretty rude of you, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Go play another game. We don't get body size customizations here, and you know this. they aren't just gonna start.
    I prefer, "go roll a different race."

Good day, sir.

I've already unsubbed anyway, lol. It expires in 2 days. I will come back for 8.2 and see how it goes.