Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Aren't dems the #Believeallwomen party?
    Never said I didn't believe her.

I was merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy when some people (*ahem* previous post) try to claim these cases are different enough that one deserves a rushed investigation, and the other deserves to be fired. It's either investigate both and judge based on results, or, ignore both and leave them in office.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. Neither do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Never said I didn't believe her.

I was merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy when some people (*ahem* previous post) try to claim these cases are different enough that one deserves a rushed investigation, and the other deserves to be fired. It's either investigate both and judge based on results, or, ignore both and leave them in office.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. Neither do you.
    I guess i missed the part where Fairfax was investigated 6x by the FBI already, and then a 7th time and after speaking to several potential witnesses, surprise surprise, nothing was found. Color me shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all,

several
    Second of all, when the same level of investigation is done here, and they find reason to put charges forward, we can follow those rules. Until then, when accusations by one are (*ahem* previous post) handwaved and dismissed, while accusations against the other are FIRE HIM NAO PLZ, that's hypocrisy.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. But I do enforce them. Ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Perhaps this will import the lesson on Dems how stupid their stance of automatically believing all accusations is.

Not much hope though, too many Dems have gone off the deep end.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

if only we had actual proof that the Kavanaugh incident happened, or if only the accuser could backup her story with some corroborative evidence instead of having every single person she claimed was there deny being at that party. To this day, there is not a single witness that actually backs up Ford's story, or says they were even present at the event.
    I was thinking about Trump. He has 17+ (?) accusers, but more importantly he bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women. Most republicans either don't have a problem with it or just excuse it away in the name of having power.

You can't be a Trump supporter and at the same time truly care about sexual assault. Perhaps enough to not want it to happen to your own family, but certainly not enough to give a shit about others.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-02-11 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I was thinking about Trump. He has 17+ (?) accusers, but more importantly he bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women. Most republicans either don't have a problem with it or just excuse it away in the name of having power.

You can't be a Trump supporter and at the same time truly care about sexual assault. Perhaps enough to not want it to happen to your own family, but certainly not enough to give a shit about others.
    Irrelevant, but nice whataboutism. We knew bout these allegations before we elected Trump, and he was elected by the people anyway.

If these allegations came out after he was made president you might have a point there, but as for now you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Full, thorough, independent investigation. If they turn up evidence corroborating the women's stories then he needs to immediately resign. If not then it's up to Fairfax and the Virginia Democratic Party/Virginia voters to figure out what to do.
    It's funny how yours and other peoples tune changes when it's a Democrat being accused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Perhaps this will import the lesson on Dems how stupid their stance of automatically believing all accusations is.

Not much hope though, too many Dems have gone off the deep end.
    Yeah, I am enjoying the hypocrisy in this thread. Well at least I can agree with some of them for once.

Irrelevant, but nice whataboutism. We knew bout these allegations before we elected Trump, and he was elected by the people anyway.

If these allegations came out after he was made president you might have a point there, but as for now you do not.
    Zero whataboutism. I already called for Virginia to clean out their seats on this. Sexual assault is not acceptable which is one reason why I don't support Trump.

What I'm pointing out is that conservatives are ridiculous for pretending to care about these sexual assault claims while defending and supporting a man who bragged about committing sexual assault.

Yeah, we know Trump was elected by people who support sexual assault, among other deplorable things. Why is something a virtue for you and Trump suddenly a vice for Democrats?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Not that I agree with your statement, you are basically saying that elections wash away any crime but if that is the case where are the republicans heavily pressuring Steve King to resign then?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's funny how yours and other peoples tune changes when it's a Democrat being accused.
    When have I ever stated otherwise? During the entire Kavanaugh controversy I was firmly advocating for a thorough investigation and letting the results determine the path forward. My views remain consistent. Unless you care to prove otherwise, knock off the bullshit.

Zero whataboutism. I already called for Virginia to clean out their seats on this. Sexual assault is not acceptable which is one reason why I don't support Trump.

What I'm pointing out is that conservatives are ridiculous for pretending to care about these sexual assault claims while defending and supporting a man who bragged about committing sexual assault.
    No conservative I know actually supports sexual assault. It's not like we cheer every time someone accuses Trump of sexual assault, we abhor it but we knew all of this about Trump before voting for him. There is a huge difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, we know Trump was elected by people who support sexual assault, among other deplorable things. Why is something a virtue for you and Trump suddenly a vice for Democrats?
    No one here supports sexual assault, but those allegations were factored into the mix and into the minds of voters when they voted for Trump.

No conservative I know actually supports sexual assault. It's not like we cheer every time someone accuses Trump of sexual assault, we abhor it but we knew all of this about Trump before voting for him. There is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Not that I agree with your statement, you are basically saying that elections wash away any crime but if that is the case where are the republicans heavily pressuring Steve King to resign then?
    Steve King is a special case, due to the fact that we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt in what they are saying, and after realizing King's views do not align with the republican party he is then being forced out.

Maybe not that you know personally, but sexual assault seems to be pretty low on the priority list for Republicans. It's something that they sure don't seem terribly troubled by, to say the least -

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...e-of-kavanaugh

“I mean, we’re talking about a 15-year-old girl, which I respect. I’m a woman. I respect. But we’re talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me, what boy hasn’t done this in high school?” Gina Sosa asked.
    That's a disgusting, abhorrent, awful opinion.

No one here supports sexual assault, but those allegations were factored into the mix and into the minds of voters when they voted for Trump.
    They may not have "supported" it, but they were sure happy to defend him and his casual discussion of sexual assault as "locker room talk". Which...confused the hell out of most professional or even semi-pro sports players who don't casually discuss sexual assault in a locker room.

Steve King is a special case, due to the fact that we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt in what they are saying, and after realizing King's views do not align with the republican party he is then being forced out.
    Except his views do appear to align with the GOP, hence why they've been silent and refused to even admonish him despite years of cozying up to white supremacist/neo-nazis and spreading their content. He's not a "special case", he's the standard case. I can't find it now, but a few Republican officials in Congress just had to defend themselves for meeting with a known white supremacist because...apparently googling his name is difficult.

It also sure doesn't help that Republicans in congress are pretty damn monochromatic.

But he isn't being forced out they gave him a slap on the wrist, his views have been known for years and he has the full support of the GOP including Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But he isn't being forced out they gave him a slap on the wrist, his views have been known for years and he has the full support of the GOP including Trump.
    actually his views started deteriorating and that's when the GOP took action. Granted they were a little bit slow in censuring him but we do punish and criticize our radical members. We don't let jew hating anti-Semites roam around freely either by the way, unlike Ilhan Omar who apparently has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood which is an considered by some as a terrorist organisation.

She also accuses AIPAC of buying off politicans with it's jew gold. Apparently spending 3 million dollars a year lobbying is enough to buy every politican in the USA (it isn't)
    https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antis...-Israel-580290

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...n-her-schedule

Maybe not that you know personally, but sexual assault seems to be pretty low on the priority list for Republicans. It's something that they sure don't seem terribly troubled by, to say the least -

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...e-of-kavanaugh

That's a disgusting, abhorrent, awful opinion.

Again, that's one persons opinion and although I don't agree with it, this was an alleged incident.

They may not have "supported" it, but they were sure happy to defend him and his casual discussion of sexual assault as "locker room talk". Which...confused the hell out of most professional or even semi-pro sports players who don't casually discuss sexual assault in a locker room.

Did you actually watch the video? he didn't admit to sexual assaulting anyone. Basically all he said if when you are rich they let you get away with anything. IE due to payouts and lawsuits that numerous celebs have settled. Infact there's over 250 celebs that were accused alone after the Harvey Weinstein scandal came out. Here's a list in case you wanted verification. https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassm...st/cody-wilson
    Not all of them men by the way, and some are even on the left as well.

Except his views do appear to align with the GOP, hence why they've been silent and refused to even admonish him despite years of cozying up to white supremacist/neo-nazis and spreading their content. He's not a "special case", he's the standard case. I can't find it now, but a few Republican officials in Congress just had to defend themselves for meeting with a known white supremacist because...apparently googling his name is difficult.

It also sure doesn't help that Republicans in congress are pretty damn monochromatic.
    Not sure what you mean by monochromatic, is it that all GOP members are white? race baiting is in poor taste. It makes you sound as dumb as this CNN reporter that called out David Webb on white privilege, (he's black by the way).

Last edited by announced; 2019-02-13 at 05:15 AM.

Yeah, no one except conservatives. Technically, your statement wouldn't be that far off, just conveniently left out a few words.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Not sure what you mean by monochromatic, is it that all GOP members are white? race baiting is in poor taste. It makes you sound as dumb as this CNN reporter that called out David Webb on white privilege, (he's black by the way).
    See, this is a very good example of trying to tie together to extremely loosely related things that don't actually have any meaningful connection.

I pointed out that, factually, Republicans in the Legislature are overwhelmingly white folks. How many white folk?

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...orities-repub/

94.5% of all members.

So when you're pushing back against allegations that your party at the very least holds sympathies and provides a home for racists like Steve King, being nearly 95% white doesn't really help.

What this journalist said about David Webb has nothing to do with this and it's a really poor attempt at deflection.

Edit: That's actually last Congress, I'll try to dig up this Congress's stats tomorrow but IIRC they're nearly identical.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-02-13 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the second woman who made accusations against Fairfax might be a tad crazy. She was subjected to a restraining order in 2008.

"I am going to enjoy tearing you down just as much as you enjoyed tearing me down. Hang on tight because you are in for a ride!" is one of the texts she allegedly sent to the man who filed the restraining order. She also allegedly threatened to kill herself when she showed up unexpectedly at the mans house.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

See, this is a very good example of trying to tie together to extremely loosely related things that don't actually have any meaningful connection.

I pointed out that, factually, Republicans in the Legislature are overwhelmingly white folks. How many white folk?

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...orities-repub/

94.5% of all members.

So when you're pushing back against allegations that your party at the very least holds sympathies and provides a home for racists like Steve King, being nearly 95% white doesn't really help.

What this journalist said about David Webb has nothing to do with this and it's a really poor attempt at deflection.

Edit: That's actually last Congress, I'll try to dig up this Congress's stats tomorrow but IIRC they're nearly identical.
    What is your point exactly? whether republicans are white/black/asian/latino etc doesn't make any difference to me. Are you insinuating that it's a problem because the GOP has too many white people? FYI both the democrats and republicans started off as predominantly white groups, and without having term limits and most members of the house/senate living till 90 or higher they typically don't retire very often.

It's true that the GOP is predominately white, but so were the Democrats at one time long ago. Jobs should be based on merit, not based on fulfilling a quota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which merit has being white?

See, i get your point, but if you argue that it's okay for nearly all of them being white due to historic reasons, it doesn't fit your own anouncement of: Merit not based on quota.

Because, strictly speaking the majority of whites is due to quotas. (no blacks, no woman)