Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    prime Toriyama had one of the best arts ever.

he is currently ok but understandable because he is old and out of touch a bit.
    there is a "prime akira"? which phase it is? initial one shots? beginning of arale? last arale beginning of db? tenkaichis db? piccolo daimao db(this is my favourite)? piccolo-saiyan db? namekk-cell db? bu db (best panels imo, ssj3 and kid bu crazy face against genkidama are AWESOME)? too much akiras to choose D:
    btw akira was always out of touch, if i am not wrong he even didnt read anymore mangas when he start to draw for jump

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    i agree , the art is the only reedeming quality of the dbs manga , some pages/panels are absolutly badass :
    https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...3ec7474f63.png (i jizzed)

buuuuut... beside the art ( when it's good , the manga ToP was garbage art wise) i really struggle to like the manga when the anime did ,in my opinion, so much better.

goku vs beerus : the anime did it better
    goku vs hit : anime did it better with godly blue KK
    zamasu and black vs the gang : heh , pretty tied on this one : i loved manga zamasu way of fighting and vegeta strategy but it dropped the ball on the finish line . still going to say the anime was better .
    goku vs jiren : the anime stomp the manga .

all big fights were done far better in the anime .
    oh, if its a comparison between anime and manga then i agree. other than the u6 saiyan treatment , effectly the anime has a lot more pacing. but if i have to consider the manga alone, its a good one considering is nothing more than promotional

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Too bad Toyotary sucks when it comes to make interesting and well working panel layouts.

Every page of Super manga is super crowded and has no flow. It is far from Toriyama's work.
    sure, clearly toyotaro hasnt even a bit of the akira's talent. but i mean, between having a such unfortunate comparison and having to draw so short stories, the super crowded frames are understandable. then he isnt even a mangaka, he is only one that is good to copy the style, but i dont know if he had other works over his doujinshi
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-02-12 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there is a "prime akira"? which phase it is? initial one shots? beginning of arale? last arale beginning of db? tenkaichis db? piccolo daimao db(this is my favourite)? piccolo-saiyan db? namekk-cell db? bu db (best panels imo, ssj3 and kid bu crazy face against genkidama are AWESOME)? too much akiras to choose D:
    btw akira was always out of touch, if i am not wrong he even didnt read anymore mangas when he start to draw for jump
    personally, I like his stuff with the Dragon Quest.

King Piccolo part.

oh and Saiyan arc where Goku fights Vegeta.

there are many others.

his art was really good but he is lazy

oh, if its a comparison between anime and manga then i agree. other than the u6 saiyan treatment , effectly the anime has a lot more pacing. but if i have to consider the manga alone, its a good one considering is nothing more than promotional
    yeah, Kale is much better in the manga, not Caulifla though.

- - - Updated - - -

this is one of my favorite shots

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/mangakakalo...ter_327/13.jpg

original anime run didn't do it justice.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-02-12 at 02:00 PM.

maybe i wrote very unclear, but i loved anime u6 saiyans D:
    caulifla best (akira) character post 2000

btw these are 2 of my most loved frames
    even if the first is drawn a lot better, damn the second is so expressive *-*

10+ Year Old Account
    The person who currently draws the main story for the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan manga has some pretty good art as well, in my opinion.

That's just an example, but the dude (dudette?) draws actual fights where characters are moving pretty well as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    maybe i wrote very unclear, but i loved anime u6 saiyans D:
    caulifla best (akira) character post 2000

btw these are 2 of my most loved frames
    even if the first is drawn a lot better, damn the second is so expressive *-*
    yeah, the expressions are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    The person who currently draws the main story for the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan manga has some pretty good art as well, in my opinion.

That's just an example, but the dude (dudette?) draws actual fights where characters are moving pretty well as well.
    Multiverse has some neat art.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

asura (?) is good, but isnt so different from toyotaro, for example the cell jr is clearly traced over the initial frame of the chapter 190 where piccolo is charging his entire body, only the head is in a different position. thats the problem of most, or even all, doujinshi. they blantantly copy akira's frames or they dont resemble akira style xD
    maybe dragon garow lee, but i never watched too close his works D:

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anime has the benefit of being an anime... it has actual movement, things take a longer amount of time so you can see more, it has music, it has voices. Whereas the manga has none of those and is limited in what it can show.

The manga is fine. Just don't read it if you don't enjoy it? You only seem to care about the fights, anyway.
    i'm sorry but the original manga was far superior to even the anime , it flowed so well .
    dbs manga by toyotaro has no "punch" to it , nothing comparable to vegeta vs goku or goku vs frieza by toriyama

and in dragon ball , yes , my reason for reading it is 90% for the fights .

So uhm just saw the movie. Goku states in the end that Broly IS stronger than Beerus, was this discussed if it's an overstatement or not?

I think it is though, as SSB is kinda far from GoD level, and Beerus also having UI at his command makes him far stronger still.

he think that broly is stronger than beerus but he never saw beerus figh for real so i don't know how goku could know beerus true stengh to compare anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    it's a case of the anime being far cooler than the manga once again .

the anime gave us blue KK and blue evolution , two thing completly different from one another

the maga gave us "mastered" blue for both goku and vegeta and it's even a downgrade in style because their aura dissapear . The only thing the manga gave us is red vegeta but the manga made it all sparkly wich i found effing weird on vegeta .

tldr : the manga is trash (but i have high hopes for moro.)
    Yeah the anime has a lot more rule of the cool than the manga and Toyotaro pretty much doesn't know how to handle anything besides of Goku and Vegeta fighting the big bad(Kefla vs Gohan was pretty much done off-screen) however the manga doesn't suffer with the poor quality animation or draws unlike the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    So uhm just saw the movie. Goku states in the end that Broly IS stronger than Beerus, was this discussed if it's an overstatement or not?
    overstatement.

Goku is not always right.

only Whis knows his true power.

@DemonHunter18

All Goku has to do is instant transmission and cuck him.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    @DemonHunter18

All Goku has to do is instant transmission and cuck him.
    Black Hole beats him fam.

Bluenote wants to fly.

Goku has no chance.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-02-12 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

I think it is though, as SSB is kinda far from GoD level, and Beerus also having UI at his command makes him far stronger still.
    It is Goku's quessimate that Broly could be stronger than Beerus.

Nobody knows though since we haven't seen Beerus' full strenght.

Whis would've mentioned it in a subtle way if broly was stronger than beerus.. cause that's a whis thing to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely below Jiren though. If you can't push Goku to Ultra Instinct when you're trying to kill him, you aren't tougher than the guy who pushed Goku to Ultra Instinct even when he wasn't trying to kill him.

Jiren still #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    You literally just answered your own question. lol

On another note i'm so glad that the (current) villain of the newest arc is a wizard/uses magic since I've been hoping for something like this ever since Demigra in xenoverse.

Dunno bout all dat chef, Super has been great aside from the first two arcs which were just rehashes of the movies with a shoe string budget. Honestly it'd be dope if DB somehow moved on from goku and maybe made broly the protagonist (imagine saying that a year ago) since Gohan is so committed to being a chump. I know it won't ever happen since fans refuse to see anyone but goku in the lead.
    You got that right chump! But I wouldn't mind a spin-off series based on Broly, or Jiren, or Hit, with some cameos from Goku/Vegeta.

they did create some apartment for everything related to Dragon Ball.

they could do some spin offs for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

reinstalling my previous question, anyone tried Jump Force yet???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    they did create some apartment for everything related to Dragon Ball.

they could do some spin offs for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

reinstalling my previous question, anyone tried Jump Force yet???
    I did, not really feeling it... it's basically xenoverse 2 with Jump characters... and no flying (at least yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I did, not really feeling it... it's basically xenoverse 2 with Jump characters... and no flying (at least yet).
    the graphics are great and all but the story.... eh.

and some animated scene are laughable.